Author Topic: what are musts from the west this year?  (Read 918 times)

We Fly High

Re: what are musts from the west this year?
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2007, 04:09:23 PM »
Someone jacked my Pacific Division so I am going to have to get that one back.

haha, here it is, http://www.zshare.net/download/37237807dcb11e/

D. Black - the Blend Tape actually came out maybe in late 05 or early 06... i dont even remember, its a little bit older, but most people are just getting into it now anyways, so its *new*. haha. Blend Tape 2 should be coming out really soon..

on another note, since i found out that you live in long beach... i wanted to get your opinion on something... do you think that its mostly the dubcc/dubcnn community that is still caught up in the old DPG kurupt daz stuf? and that they are hard to give new/fresh acts a try?... or do you think that kinda applies to like the actual city of LA as well.. I mean I can clearly see that youre up on LA music, and was surprised that you knew about cats like blu, U-n-i... like are all your friends into these groups as well? I just wanted to gauge the LA scene kind of.. from the perspective of someone that actually lives in the area...

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2007, 04:20:21 PM »

D. Black - the Blend Tape actually came out maybe in late 05 or early 06... i dont even remember, its a little bit older, but most people are just getting into it now anyways, so its *new*. haha. Blend Tape 2 should be coming out really soon..

on another note, since i found out that you live in long beach... i wanted to get your opinion on something... do you think that its mostly the dubcc/dubcnn community that is still caught up in the old DPG kurupt daz stuf? and that they are hard to give new/fresh acts a try?... or do you think that kinda applies to like the actual city of LA as well.. I mean I can clearly see that youre up on LA music, and was surprised that you knew about cats like blu, U-n-i... like are all your friends into these groups as well? I just wanted to gauge the LA scene kind of.. from the perspective of someone that actually lives in the area...
It seems like most of the people I know from here in the LBC are still into old DPG/Death Row like The Chronic, Doggystyle, Dogg Food but also DJ Quik, Dr. Dre, & classic N.W.A. & D.O.C. shit. Like a month ago, I was talking to a homie of mine & he said The Game is his favorite new artist which isn't bad but when I came up with other new peoples' names from the West Coast like Glasses & Bishop he had heard of them but hadn't heard any of their music. I think the problem is just getting exposure to the artists through mp3 or touring or whatever but the names are starting to get out there.

And I can't wait for that Blend Tape 2 to come out, they rock every beat they get their hands on. 8)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 04:32:15 PM by D. Black Is Tha Name »

d-nice

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »

Thanks for this.

SGV

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2007, 08:57:02 AM »
Outside of DJ Muggs & Sick Jacken, Evidence and Blue & Exile (Good looking Justin for putting me on to that) there wasn't another West Coast retail release that really sparked my interest this year. Mixtape wise, Ya Boy held it down with The Fix and The Rise. Bishop and Black Milk's CalTroit. A few others...