Author Topic: One Year on..Is Doctors Advocate a classic?  (Read 661 times)

OchoCinco

Re: One Year on..Is Doctors Advocate a classic?
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2007, 07:01:08 PM »
no and nor was the Documentary. You guys have way too loose criteria when it comes to judging a classic.
its called what u consider a classic not wat the world thinks is an opinion..sorry no one can agree on everything...its opne of my fav albums and imo is a classic ..still bump it

just cus i dont think that biggies shit is a classic dont make it a classic to u so i mean, u sayi shit aintgunan change my opinion...ppl jsut go too much but by what other ppl think..i judge classics by waht i can keep listening too over again not by what ppl on the internet say
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:07:27 PM by OchoCinco »

WC Iz Active

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2007, 07:06:10 PM »
HAHAHAHA

I'm a big Game fan and I think the album is good but a classic!?!?!?  Get the fuck out of here.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »
I Like games Material, but something about his music makes me put it away and not listen to again.
I mean I like his music, But It losses it replay Value for me after like the first Month of it's release.

I have not played either album since their release, and breifly brought out Doctors Advocate a couple months back
when those track's Like "My Bitch" ect dropped.

But something about Game makes me put him albums on the shelf real quick.
(Granted they on the same Shelf Space with my Pac's & Snoops ect..)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
I Like games Material, but something about his music makes me put it away and not listen to again.
I mean I like his music, But It losses it replay Value for me after like the first Month of it's release.

I have not played either album since their release, and breifly brought out Doctors Advocate a couple months back
when those track's Like "My Bitch" ect dropped.

But something about Game makes me put him albums on the shelf real quick.
(Granted they on the same Shelf Space with my Pac's & Snoops ect..)

I could listen to California Vacation everyday 8)

Piffmeister2008

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2007, 04:38:38 AM »
no and nor was the Documentary. You guys have way too loose criteria when it comes to judging a classic.
its called what u consider a classic not wat the world thinks is an opinion..sorry no one can agree on everything...its opne of my fav albums and imo is a classic ..still bump it

just cus i dont think that biggies shit is a classic dont make it a classic to u so i mean, u sayi shit aintgunan change my opinion...ppl jsut go too much but by what other ppl think..i judge classics by waht i can keep listening too over again not by what ppl on the internet say

the topic asks if it is a classic, not who considers it a classic. But then again, if you consider this a classic, I'd like to know about your criteria for a classic album...

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »
People use the term "classic" too lightly these days. DA was a good album but does it stand next to the likes of "Illmatic" or "The Chronic"? 'Cause those to, for example, are "classics".

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2007, 12:54:57 PM »
I don't think it's anywhere near classic status, i skip tons of songs on that album, mostly because Game, as good as his lyrics are, to me dude has no personality, he just name drops whatevers hot at the moment and thats it.

Fav songs
California vacation
Ole English
One Night
Compton

Production on this album is amazing though........i give it a weak 4/5

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2007, 02:21:05 AM »
Thiss Album Was Off Tha Chain Like A Runaway Slave...
Itz Too Early To Consider Classic In My Eyez... In Time Tho....

Raphael

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2007, 06:36:45 AM »
game sounded to amateurish on documentary DA>Documentary imo

messi19

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2007, 06:43:01 AM »
Game needs to fuckin realize that people are gettin tired of him mentionin Dre and all that everytime. I mean i thought it was cool on the Documentary cuz that was his first album, like his introduction.

He needs to fuckin realize that people aren't gonna support every type of music he does. And dont get it wrong, same goes for 50, Wayne and all of em. Its like he and 50 just puts out music with a lazy effort and just expects everybody to buy it like that. But when it comes to his mixtape shit he gets crazy.

Im a big Game fan but he gotta realize it.

He needs to get over Dre and all that 6-4 shit and spit like he does on his mixtape and then its a wrap. He gon shut it all down.

WC Gotti

• Lil Geezy
  • 2 Sigs don't miss....
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2007, 07:06:55 AM »
People use the term "classic" too lightly these days. DA was a good album but does it stand next to the likes of "Illmatic" or "The Chronic"? 'Cause those to, for example, are "classics".

Exactly...