Author Topic: was rap in the 90's better than present day rap  (Read 1267 times)

Elevz

Re: was rap in the 90's better than present day rap
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2007, 04:57:53 AM »
I think you've got a point on that whole symptom/syndrome case... Not much to be added there, props.

As far as the Borderline research; I'm not in actual contact with the cliënts. I'm doing a research on a specific borderline treatment program (DGT). Shortly, I measure pre- and posttreatment differences and then hope to find a treatment effect. In order to do so, I have to dig through cliënt's personal files, and often bump into some pretty shocking things (child abuse, automutulation, suïcide).
Wow.. I guess it's a good thing they don't instantly throw you into the endless depths of being confronted with these patients. That still is some very impressive stuff you're on about though. Good looking :)

Nice to hear you live in Amsterdam now! How did you manage to find a house there? And how's the musical career going?
Ah, you know, we had a jazzy thing going on, and basically had everything worked out. A label, a management, all of it. It's just that the outcome wasn't really satisfying. It was all too compromising, and in the end it didn't feel right. On that base, we backed out of it. Thomas is still up on his management stuff, but I simply had to back out of it. I never was the type for business, so I'm just 'doing me' now.

That's also how we ended up in Amsterdam... Thomas has some connections through which he managed to get us an underpriced appartment in one of the most expensive urban areas of Europe. (Peep that Jort Kelder documentary series "Bij ons... in de PC" every Thursday evening on Nederland 1, and you'll see what I'm talking about.) He needed to live here for business (he's busy attending business meetings, lunches and looking for networking opportunities all day) and I just moved in with him. I'm traveling from Amsterdam to Utrecht every day, kind of enjoying the best of both worlds. Feels damned good, because it's an inspiring environment to live in.
You should drop by some time so we can have us some €3,50 beers in Sophia ;)

Elevz

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2007, 05:02:13 AM »
^I think you suffer from borderline

Let me put this in Dutch, for I think that way the meaning will be much clearer to you:

"Narcisme is een term uit de psychologie. Het is een vorm van gedrag die wordt gekenmerkt door een obsessie met de persoon zelf (vaak het uiterlijk), gebrek aan inlevingsvermogen, egoïsme, dominantie en ambitie. Iemand die narcistisch gedrag vertoont, noemt men een narcist.

Op het eerste gezicht heeft een narcist een zeer sterk gevoel van eigenwaarde en straalt zelfvertrouwen uit. Vreemd genoeg is echter het tegendeel het geval. Narcisten hebben, meestal onderbewust, juist weinig zelfwaarde en compenseren dit door zich als beter of belangrijker dan anderen te beschouwen. Zodoende vormt het narcisme een belemmering bij de uitoefening van bepaalde publieke functies waarbij anderen worden beoordeeld door de narcist in kwestie.

Om zich te beschermen tegen kritiek heeft een narcist niet veel aandacht voor de mening of het gevoel van anderen en kan zelfs een onderontwikkeld inlevingsvermogen hebben.

Eigenlijk heeft ieder mens wel eens een licht narcistische inslag, maar als iemands gedrag er te sterk door bepaald wordt en er problemen met de omgeving ontstaan, kan er sprake zijn van een psychische aandoening, bijvoorbeeld een narcistische persoonlijkheidsstoornis."

Source

That's for as far as your judging others makes any sense. Note that it also provides an explanation for the very start of this argument. :wavey:

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2007, 02:31:56 AM »
I think you've got a point on that whole symptom/syndrome case... Not much to be added there, props.

As far as the Borderline research; I'm not in actual contact with the cliënts. I'm doing a research on a specific borderline treatment program (DGT). Shortly, I measure pre- and posttreatment differences and then hope to find a treatment effect. In order to do so, I have to dig through cliënt's personal files, and often bump into some pretty shocking things (child abuse, automutulation, suïcide).
Wow.. I guess it's a good thing they don't instantly throw you into the endless depths of being confronted with these patients. That still is some very impressive stuff you're on about though. Good looking :)

Nice to hear you live in Amsterdam now! How did you manage to find a house there? And how's the musical career going?
Ah, you know, we had a jazzy thing going on, and basically had everything worked out. A label, a management, all of it. It's just that the outcome wasn't really satisfying. It was all too compromising, and in the end it didn't feel right. On that base, we backed out of it. Thomas is still up on his management stuff, but I simply had to back out of it. I never was the type for business, so I'm just 'doing me' now.

That's also how we ended up in Amsterdam... Thomas has some connections through which he managed to get us an underpriced appartment in one of the most expensive urban areas of Europe. (Peep that Jort Kelder documentary series "Bij ons... in de PC" every Thursday evening on Nederland 1, and you'll see what I'm talking about.) He needed to live here for business (he's busy attending business meetings, lunches and looking for networking opportunities all day) and I just moved in with him. I'm traveling from Amsterdam to Utrecht every day, kind of enjoying the best of both worlds. Feels damned good, because it's an inspiring environment to live in.
You should drop by some time so we can have us some €3,50 beers in Sophia ;)

I'll be happy to accept that invitation! I'll hook up with Thomas on of these days then.