Author Topic: L.O., You Got to Go: The Lakers Must Trade Lamar Odom  (Read 969 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: L.O., You Got to Go: The Lakers Must Trade Lamar Odom
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »
LMAO@Marion in the triangle...what a wreck.

Yeah why would we want someone who can actually give us 20/10 and play 80 games a season?

Anyone can give you 20/10 in Phoenix's system.

Marion did it before Nash and D'antoni took over. Odom hasn't done it at all.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 02:38:45 PM »
All I can say is the Lakers need to make a significant move FAST... another .550 and then lose to Phoenix in the 1st PO round-season without moves being made and Kobe will just get a shotgun and pump Dr. Buss and Kupchak up a little. The only problem is with Odom sucking double dick now, they will have a hard time getting an All-Star for him.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 02:50:09 PM »
LOL... maybe we should change our system then. Because our guys need to be scoring like that.  :)

A defenseless system will never get you a ring. Look at what happens to players like Caron Butler, Grant Hill, Stephen Jackson, Steve Nash etc. when they're playing a run-and-gun system.

Yeah why would we want someone who can actually give us 20/10 and play 80 games a season?

Odom is a 15-10-5 guy with much better defense...If Odom can stay healthy, he is easily an all-star caliber player every year. If Odom sucks for the whole season, I'll eat my words.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:52:10 PM by Now_I_Know »

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 02:58:45 PM »
Maybe so... but right now a no-scoring team isn't going to get us a ring either.  :) Perhaps we could run our defense the same and utilize new scoring plays?
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »
LOL... maybe we should change our system then. Because our guys need to be scoring like that.  :)

A defenseless system will never get you a ring. Look at what happens to players like Caron Butler, Grant Hill, Stephen Jackson, Steve Nash etc. when they're playing a run-and-gun system.

Odom is a 15-10-5 guy with much better defense...If Odom can stay healthy, he is easily an all-star caliber player every year. If Odom sucks for the whole season, I'll eat my words.

Better defense?! OMG! Odom is an All-Star caliber player but Marion is a true All-Star. Re-read the article, its becoming evident to everybody that Odom isn't cutting it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 03:00:10 PM »
Maybe so... but right now a no-scoring team isn't going to get us a ring either.  :) Perhaps we could run our defense the same and utilize new scoring plays?

I like what we have when we're at full strength, and so did everyone else. They just have short-term memory.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »
Losing games will do that....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 03:04:05 PM »

Better defense?! OMG! Odom is an All-Star caliber player but Marion is a true All-Star. Re-read the article, its becoming evident to everybody that Odom isn't cutting it.

Put Marion in the triangle offense and he's a role player...Odom had a couple seasons where he shoulda been an all-star. I guarantee that Odom would have been an all-star every year in Phoenix's system, alongside Nash. He's more talented than Marion, get over it. He proves it every time they match up...And Marion plays HORRIBLE defense. Once again, players who get tons of steals and blocks don't equate to good defensive players. It is generally the players with lower steals and blocks, who know how to stay in front of their man, and don't gamble on plays, who are the true defenders. Marion is a weak defender. Odom isn't the greatest defender, but he can do more on D than jump through the roof...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 03:12:17 PM »

Put Marion in the triangle offense and he's a role player...Odom had a couple seasons where he shoulda been an all-star. I guarantee that Odom would have been an all-star every year in Phoenix's system, alongside Nash. He's more talented than Marion, get over it. He proves it every time they match up...And Marion plays HORRIBLE defense. Once again, players who get tons of steals and blocks don't equate to good defensive players. It is generally the players with lower steals and blocks, who know how to stay in front of their man, and don't gamble on plays, who are the true defenders. Marion is a weak defender. Odom isn't the greatest defender, but he can do more on D than jump through the roof...PeACe

Yeah 6-11 Odom plays great when matched up against 6-7 Marion. I think we see why. Marion is a way better man defender. Fuck the blocks/steals. We saw him in the playoffs defending Parker and Duncan in the same game (and doing a pretty damn good job on both). Odom is a lazy defender who gets burned by SFs and bullied by PFs. I understand you don't wanna sound negative against a player on our roster but you need to cut it out dude. Odom is the same player he was in his rookie season. He hasn't grown at all. He's still the same old "potential" player he's been. Dude hasn't even learned how to go right and he's in what his 9th season? His 13-15 ppg limit is killing us.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

Yeah 6-11 Odom plays great when matched up against 6-7 Marion. I think we see why. Marion is a way better man defender. Fuck the blocks/steals. We saw him in the playoffs defending Parker and Duncan in the same game (and doing a pretty damn good job on both). Odom is a lazy defender who gets burned by SFs and bullied by PFs. I understand you don't wanna sound negative against a player on our roster but you need to cut it out dude. Odom is the same player he was in his rookie season. He hasn't grown at all. He's still the same old "potential" player he's been. Dude hasn't even learned how to go right and he's in what his 9th season? His 13-15 ppg limit is killing us.

LMAO@Marion is a way better man defender. That's a good one, buddy. Almost as dumb as saying Odom is the same player he was in his rookie season. Odom can man up and stay in front of his man undisputedly better than Marion can, so get the fuck out of here with that...and good job givin him an extra inch, Odom is 3 inches taller than Marion and has 3 times the dribbles, passes, shot, post-up game, and pretty much everything...I'm never trading Odom for a garbage player, no matter how much he's struggling right now...PeACe

And just for laughs:

Tim Duncan Game 1 vs. Suns = 33 and 16
Tony Parker Game 1 vs. Suns = 32 and 8

Tim Duncan Game 2 vs. Suns = 29 and 11
Tony Parker Game 2 vs. Suns = 13 and 3

Tim Duncan Game 3 vs. Suns = 33 and 19
Tony Parker Game 3 vs. Suns = 16-5-4

Tim Duncan Game 4 vs. Suns = 21 and 11
Tony Parker Game 4 vs. Suns = 23-7-6

Tim Duncan Game 5 vs. Suns = 21 and 12
Tony Parker Game 5 vs. Suns = 11 and 5

Tim Duncan Game 6 vs. Suns = 24 and 13
Tony Parker Game 6 vs. Suns = 30 and 6

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 03:33:30 PM »

LMAO@Marion is a way better man defender. That's a good one, buddy. Almost as dumb as saying Odom is the same player he was in his rookie season. Odom can man up and stay in front of his man undisputedly better than Marion can, so get the fuck out of here with that...and good job givin him an extra inch, Odom is 3 inches taller than Marion and has 3 times the dribbles, passes, shot, post-up game, and pretty much everything...I'm never trading Odom for a garbage player, no matter how much he's struggling right now...PeACe

And just for laughs:

Tim Duncan Game 1 vs. Suns = 33 and 16
Tony Parker Game 1 vs. Suns = 32 and 8

Tim Duncan Game 2 vs. Suns = 29 and 11
Tony Parker Game 2 vs. Suns = 13 and 3

Tim Duncan Game 3 vs. Suns = 33 and 19
Tony Parker Game 3 vs. Suns = 16-5-4

Tim Duncan Game 4 vs. Suns = 21 and 11
Tony Parker Game 4 vs. Suns = 23-7-6

Tim Duncan Game 5 vs. Suns = 21 and 12
Tony Parker Game 5 vs. Suns = 11 and 5

Tim Duncan Game 6 vs. Suns = 24 and 13
Tony Parker Game 6 vs. Suns = 30 and 6

He is the same player as he was in his rookie season.What has Odom improved in? Go to clublakers.com or lakersground.net - everyone sees it. Didn't Phil just call him out twice? Didn't Tex winters just say he needs to get it together? Hell you can even watch the games and see the rest of the team is getting frustrated with him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 03:44:29 PM »
Dude, Odom is not the same player. Did you ever even watch him with the Clippers? His breakout season was with the Heat, when he was first supposed to make the all-star squad over Jamaal Magloire. He built his body and drastically improved his toughness/rebounding. His next 3 seasons with us were strong, aside from the injuries. He ended last season struggling through a major shoulder injury, and was still able to put up nice numbers. Now he's still coming back from that injury. Lay off his nuts for now at least...It's a brand new season, still not even at the halfway mark...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 03:58:27 PM »
Dude, Odom is not the same player. Did you ever even watch him with the Clippers? His breakout season was with the Heat, when he was first supposed to make the all-star squad over Jamaal Magloire. He built his body and drastically improved his toughness/rebounding. His next 3 seasons with us were strong, aside from the injuries. He ended last season struggling through a major shoulder injury, and was still able to put up nice numbers. Now he's still coming back from that injury. Lay off his nuts for now at least...It's a brand new season, still not even at the halfway mark...PeACe

I was actually gonna ask you that. Anybody that watched him with the Clippers and who watches him now knows this guy hasn't improved a single part of his game! He still can't go right. His post up game is still weak. He still has bad decision making. Hell even his numbers are still the same. Actually worse because he averaged 17ppg for the Clippers and the Heat. The best he's givin us is last year with 15.9. 15.9! We should've kept Butler and traded Odom for Boozer.

And why the fuck do you keep saying he was SUPPOSED to make the All-Star team? Like that shiet was owed to him.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 06:52:21 PM »
I was born a Laker and I will die one, but if someone on the team is fuckin' up I will be the first kick them in the ass... and likewise when they do good I will be the first to praise them. It's the law of the jungle...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 07:06:47 PM »
Lakers will never win a ring with this team.