Author Topic: The most useless, overated, overpaid and worthless player in the NBA....  (Read 1173 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: The most useless, overated, overpaid and worthless player in the NBA....
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 10:05:11 PM »
ben wallace easiliy at least shaq is still a threat and can make plays for his teammates.

LOL! At least Ben Wallace can play 30 mins a game and grab you some boards. Shaq is still a threat? Homie, Alonzo Mourning is more of a threat than Shaq at $18 million less. :-X
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=161725.msg1673966#msg1673966

also ben wallace is a few years younger than shaq and hasn't even had to deal with a fraction of the double/triple/quadruple/quintiple teaming shaq has....

Okay? Ben Wallace isn't an offensive weapon...He'll still destroy Shaq in the post on the defense and rebounding and his free throw shooting isn't a huge liability like Shaq's is, because he doesn't demand a grip of touches in the post...and like I said, he can still play a full game, so it's not like he's getting paid for nothing (maybe even hurting the team) like Shaq is.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »
NIK  I bet I hate Shaq as much as you but I got agree with Jake.

Shaq at this stage is still better than Ben Wallace currently is.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 09:17:35 AM »
ben wallace is a horrible free throw shooter dont you remember the "HACK - A = BEN" in the playoffs a couple of years ago.. they even used to take dude out similiar to shaq lol

they both are horrible at the charity stripe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 10:37:33 AM »
^^Yea, but I guess you missed the point of what I said. Ben Wallace doesn't demand as many touches, so he doesn't shoot nearly as many free throws as Shaq, hence why he doesn't hurt his team as much. Ben Wallace can still outrebound and outdefend Shaq. What can Shaq do nowadays? Get the ball in the post with a 75% chance that he's going to the free throw line to miss? Either that, or turn the ball over (he averages two more turnovers than Ben Wallace does and more than twice the free throw attempts in less minutes.) Come on, now. I much rather have Ben Wallace on the Lakers in this day and age...AND he's cheaper, which only adds to why he's not nearly as overpaid...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »
shaq's passing ability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ben wallaces

shaq's ability to free up his teammates for open shots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ben wallaces

14.7 ppg (shaq)>>>>>5.1 ppg

ben wallace only averages 1 more rebound than shaq (btw wallace's who job is to clean up where as that's haslem's job....so only one more reound is not that big of a deal)
also their BPG is equal...lol so in 12 less minutes shaq has ALL the same defensive prowess as wallace. LOL

61.7 fg %(shaq) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>35fg % (LOL)

and in this season wallace and shaq are averaging the same at the line.... so who's the bigger liability a center who's efficiency is +17 (shaq) or one who's +13 (wallace) . also take into account the stuff that doesn't show up on a stat sheet like experience and leadership....

shaq>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wallace.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 03:19:22 PM »
THE TOP-5 HORRORRRRR
1) Shaquille O'Neal - $20,000,000
2) Stephon Marbury - $19,195,312
3) Raef LaFrentz - $11,813,750
4) Ben Wallace - $15,500,000
5) Larry Hughes - $12,000,084

Wtf marbury getting paid that much, thats ridiculous. He is nothing but a trouble maker, who's washed up. Wow Larry Hughes is lucky if even even makes one million.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 03:32:22 PM »
shaq's passing ability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ben wallaces

LOL! That's your opening argument? Shaq is good for 1.4 apg. Amazing passing ability, huh? BTW, Ben Wallace averages 1.7 apg, which is still not considered "good".

shaq's ability to free up his teammates for open shots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ben wallaces

LMAO. Shaq is not the same guy he used to be. His offense doesn't demand double teams anymore. At least Ben Wallace knows how to set screens.

14.7 ppg (shaq)>>>>>5.1 ppg

Shaq is easily a better offensive player than Ben Wallace. But he's still more of a liability on the offense with his high number of turnovers and free throw attempts per game.

ben wallace only averages 1 more rebound than shaq (btw wallace's who job is to clean up where as that's haslem's job....so only one more reound is not that big of a deal)
also their BPG is equal...lol so in 12 less minutes shaq has ALL the same defensive prowess as wallace. LOL

LOL. Shaq is a defensive liability as well. He's lazy as fuck on screen and rolls and is to slow to stay in front of his man. While Ben Wallace is not the DPOY he used to be, he's still able to lock you down and control the glass way better for a few millions less.

61.7 fg %(shaq) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>35fg % (LOL)

Again, Shaq is an offensive weapon, clearly a better scorer than Ben Wallace, but he's still a liability since he demands touches in the post, resulting in excessive turnovers and missed free throws, while Ben Wallace has about zero plays ran for him on the offensive end.

and in this season wallace and shaq are averaging the same at the line.... so who's the bigger liability a center who's efficiency is +17 (shaq) or one who's +13 (wallace) . also take into account the stuff that doesn't show up on a stat sheet like experience and leadership....

Shaq is attempting more free throw attempts in less minutes, leading to more missed oppurtunities for his team.

Shaq career >>>>>>>> Ben Wallace career

Ben Wallace 2007 >>>>>>>> Shaq 2007.

You know you just love him.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 03:52:38 PM »

LOL! That's your opening argument? Shaq is good for 1.4 apg. Amazing passing ability, huh? BTW, Ben Wallace averages 1.7 apg, which is still not considered "good".

lol

because passing automatically = assists huh nik....shut up. it's well documented shaq is a supurb passing center one of the best of all time.

LMAO. Shaq is not the same guy he used to be. His offense doesn't demand double teams anymore. At least Ben Wallace knows how to set screens.

stick to watching laker games lol. shaq is still being doubled and tripled down low

Shaq is easily a better offensive player than Ben Wallace. But he's still more of a liability on the offense with his high number of turnovers and free throw attempts per game.

you just said it yourself....shaq is an offensive weapon...ben wallace is NOT. if you're an offensive weapon you average more turnover because you're being doubled and tripled on defense......your boy kobe average just as many turnovers as shaq and ben COMBINED.

LOL. Shaq is a defensive liability as well. He's lazy as fuck on screen and rolls and is to slow to stay in front of his man. While Ben Wallace is not the DPOY he used to be, he's still able to lock you down and control the glass way better for a few millions less.

the stats don't lie shaq averages jsut as much in less time than wallace. if shaq is lazy and is able to do this, then wallace is truely more useless, overrated, and overpayed...for his effort which has = low output.

Again, Shaq is an offensive weapon, clearly a better scorer than Ben Wallace, but he's still a liability since he demands touches in the post, resulting in excessive turnovers and missed free throws, while Ben Wallace has about zero plays ran for him on the offensive end.

lol read what i said earlier..... at least you can get some points out of shaq still or run plays that set up other players through shaq....

Shaq is attempting more free throw attempts in less minutes, leading to more missed oppurtunities for his team.

+17 efficiency>>>+13 efficiency

lol based off what? your liking of them?

ppg=shaq
rpg=ben (by one)
apg= same
bpg= same
fg%= shaq
ft%=same
efficiency= shaq

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »

lol

because passing automatically = assists huh nik....shut up. it's well documented shaq is a supurb passing center one of the best of all time.

LOL!!! One of the best of all time? 99% of Shaq's passes are for re-posts. Awesome comedy you provide us here at WCC, Jake.

stick to watching laker games lol. shaq is still being doubled and tripled down low

LMFAO@Shaq being tripled!! Teams don't put it in their strategy to double Shaq anymore. That's a fact. Thank God you're not a coach.

you just said it yourself....shaq is an offensive weapon...ben wallace is NOT. if you're an offensive weapon you average more turnover because you're being doubled and tripled on defense......your boy kobe average just as many turnovers as shaq and ben COMBINED.

You know you're in trouble when you're comparing a centers turnovers to a guards. Still lmao@Shaq being triple teamed.

the stats don't lie shaq averages jsut as much in less time than wallace. if shaq is lazy and is able to do this, then wallace is truely more useless, overrated, and overpayed...for his effort which has = low output.

Ben Wallaces value to a team > Shaq's value to a team. Even in fantasy basketball.

lol read what i said earlier..... at least you can get some points out of shaq still or run plays that set up other players through shaq....

I think even Pat Riley is sick of running plays for Shaq. Why do you think he's been bitching about it?

+17 efficiency>>>+13 efficiency

Efficiency rankings say that Marcus Camby is better than Chris Bosh, and we all know that's not true. How bout Josh Smith? Is he better than your boy Melo? next time you bring some arguments to the table, make sure they're legit.

lol based off what? your liking of them?

ppg=shaq
rpg=ben (by one)
apg= same
bpg= same
fg%= shaq
ft%=same
efficiency= shaq

Based off Shaq being a fat lazy boy who's a liability on both ends of the court and thinks he's way better than he really is, resulting in non-stop bitching and moaning + massive ego.

scoring=Shaq
turning the ball over=Shaq
liability on the court=Shaq
rebounding=Ben
assists=Ben
defense=Ben

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:12:39 PM by Now_I_Know »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 04:20:02 PM »
I'm not an hater, but c'mon. You can argue Shaq is not #1 in the list maybe, but he's getting 20 fucking millions per year!!

The whole Charlotte Bobcats team salary is 23 millions. Yes you heard it.

Southeast    W    L    PCT    GB    CONF    DIV    HOME    ROAD    L 10    STREAK
Orlando    16    6    0.727    0.0    9-3    3-1    5-4    11-2    6-4    L 2
Washington    10    10    0.500    5.0    7-5    2-1    6-4    4-6    5-5    W 1
Atlanta    10    10    0.500    5.0    5-7    3-1    6-5    4-5    7-3    W 3
Charlotte    7    12    0.368    7.5    5-10    2-4    6-5    1-7    2-8    L 1
Miami    6    15    0.286    9.5    3-8    1-4    2-6    4-9    4-6    W 2

Look at the standings and tell me Shaq ain't overrated.

I'd rather have Okafor, JWallace, Felton & JRich than Shaq! And i'd save about 8 millions too! LMAO. C'mon.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:23:20 PM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »
They just stretched Shaq's salary, everybody knows that. Instead of paying him a certain amount over less years, they pay him that amount and a little more in more years. It's pretty simple. He took a huge paycut for the following year when he signed his multi-year contract with the Heat. Laker-Fans and Shaq-Hating never seems to get old.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »
He gets 20 mln this year and he's 35 years old.

THE END.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 08:42:43 PM »
LOL

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »

LOL!!! One of the best of all time? 99% of Shaq's passes are for re-posts. Awesome comedy you provide us here at WCC, Jake.

shaq=one of the best if not the greatest passing centers of all time. end of story.

LMFAO@Shaq being tripled!! Teams don't put it in their strategy to double Shaq anymore. That's a fact. Thank God you're not a coach.

like i said stick to watching the lakers play....cuz it still happens

You know you're in trouble when you're comparing a centers turnovers to a guards. Still lmao@Shaq being triple teamed.

if it was a POINT guard you might have a real come back here, however you don't.

Ben Wallaces value to a team > Shaq's value to a team. Even in fantasy basketball.

lol fantasy basketball,LOOOOOOL okay so this is how you're basing this argument i see ...in fantasy football emmitt smith was worth more than barry sanders .....but barry was the superior back,lol. get the fuck out of here with this fantasy basketball  shit.

I think even Pat Riley is sick of running plays for Shaq. Why do you think he's been bitching about it?

lol, opinion.

Efficiency rankings say that Marcus Camby is better than Chris Bosh, and we all know that's not true. How bout Josh Smith? Is he better than your boy Melo? next time you bring some arguments to the table, make sure they're legit.

the problem here NIK is that my argument here IS legit.  chris bosh might be a better player but the efficiency rating messure how well a player performs/ contributes. marcus camby is performing better than bosh. josh smith better than melo.  steve vai is a much better guitar player than slash but slash's work on "apeptite for destruction is superior to anything vai put out.

shaq>>>>out performs ben wallace. it's truth.

Based off Shaq being a fat lazy boy who's a liability on both ends of the court and thinks he's way better than he really is, resulting in non-stop bitching and moaning + massive ego.

scoring=Shaq
turning the ball over=Shaq
liability on the court=Shaq
rebounding=Ben
assists=Ben
defense=Ben

the problem with this statement is that it's all based of emotion and opinion. shaq's 48 minute stat line and efficiency rating tell the real story here. if those flip flop in the coming months you'll be right but as of now, you're horribly wrong.

so this debate is over. anything else is just you getting another chance to bash shaq because he left LA. again debate over.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 01:19:54 PM »
You act like I give a fuck about Shaq...you're the one who loves him more than you love your team. Your opinion is clearly emotional. When you make statements like "Shaq is the best passing center ever", then you know your opinion is worthless. And Kobe handles the ball more than most point guards in the NBA, so what the fuck are you talking about? You're tryna justify comparing Shaq's turnovers to Kobe's? Come on, now, son. Ben Wallace is way more efficient on the defense and rebounding tip. Shaq is more efficient as a scorer, but he's become such a scoring liability over the years, that he has trouble reaching 20 points. Your love for Shaq overshaddows your common sense. Shaq is one of the greatest centers ever. He was probably top 3 in his prime. But right now, he's getting paid $20 million through 2010. If you think he's not the most overpaid, then his dick is in your mouth...PeACe