Author Topic: The most useless, overated, overpaid and worthless player in the NBA....  (Read 1177 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: The most useless, overated, overpaid and worthless player in the NBA....
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 05:47:13 PM »
Seriously though, you guys need to let the Shaq thing go.  The guy is 35 - he's not the same player he was at 25.  Wait till it happens to Kobe.

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »
Seriously though, you guys need to let the Shaq thing go.  The guy is 35 - he's not the same player he was at 25.  Wait till it happens to Kobe.
gotta agree
like it or not homies, 95% the shaq criticism on this site is cause he left the lakers
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 02:45:10 AM »
Pat Riley AND Shaq's life lover aka Dwayne Wade called out Shaq this season .. if this doesn't validate what Antonio and Nik told y'all , I don't know what y'all want

wcsoldier

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 02:51:38 AM »
I agree as I said before we need to let Shaq where he is ... at the end of the day he doesn't play for us... obviously some hate come from his departure from the Lakers. Though y'all can deny he has badly fallen off coz of a very bad work ethic .. even at his age , dude could still put 22 pts 10-11 rbs and 2 blocks type of numbers if he would have the right work ethic .. especially in the East

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 09:46:53 AM »
I agree as I said before we need to let Shaq where he is ... at the end of the day he doesn't play for us... obviously some hate come from his departure from the Lakers. Though y'all can deny he has badly fallen off coz of a very bad work ethic .. even at his age , dude could still put 22 pts 10-11 rbs and 2 blocks type of numbers if he would have the right work ethic .. especially in the East

Yeah, I don't think there is a debate that through better conditioning Shaq would be in better shape today.  But I don't think it would translate to any enormous stat increase as a lot of cats on here claim.  Shaq was the most dominating player in the NBA for several years - you can't keep it up forever.  Shaq is a big motherfucker, what 7'0, 300 some odd pounds,  15 years in league is gonna wear on that big of a frame regardless of how many situps you do.

It just seems like people see Shaq's statistical decline and attribute it to poor conditioning, when if you look at any of the great Big's, the exact same thing happened to them.  I understand that people are angry with how Shaq left LA, and I don't blame them.  But years later, constantly talking down on the guy because he doesn't put up the numbers he did in his prime is on some jaded ex-girlfriend type of shit.

Like I said, it's gonna happen to Kobe too.  When MJ came back his 3rd time, he had games where he put up single digit numbers, where he was getting beat off the dribble and cats like Kobe and AI were superior to him.  That was fucking unreal as an MJ fan, but the fact is that there is always gonna be younger, more talented athletes on the come up.  You can't stay young forever.

But yall need to leave the Shaq thing go. 

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »
Being an hater or the fact Shaq left the Lakers (mmm.. asket to be traded from Mitch) has nothing to do with this topic. I mean the title is "The most useless, overated, overpaid and worthless player in the NBA...." and Shaq getting $ 20 millions per year can't be left out a top-5 list. Period. He's old? Who cares! He still gets $ 20 mls. He won a ring? He still gets $ 20 mls.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 12:14:10 PM »

Yea, he's not 25....but he's getting paid even more.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 12:14:48 PM »
gotta agree
like it or not homies, 95% the shaq criticism on this site is cause he left the lakers

Wrong. 95% of the Shaq criticism is because of the person he is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 12:28:08 PM »

Yeah, I don't think there is a debate that through better conditioning Shaq would be in better shape today.  But I don't think it would translate to any enormous stat increase as a lot of cats on here claim.  Shaq was the most dominating player in the NBA for several years - you can't keep it up forever.  Shaq is a big motherfucker, what 7'0, 300 some odd pounds,  15 years in league is gonna wear on that big of a frame regardless of how many situps you do.

It just seems like people see Shaq's statistical decline and attribute it to poor conditioning, when if you look at any of the great Big's, the exact same thing happened to them.  I understand that people are angry with how Shaq left LA, and I don't blame them.  But years later, constantly talking down on the guy because he doesn't put up the numbers he did in his prime is on some jaded ex-girlfriend type of shit.

Like I said, it's gonna happen to Kobe too.  When MJ came back his 3rd time, he had games where he put up single digit numbers, where he was getting beat off the dribble and cats like Kobe and AI were superior to him.  That was fucking unreal as an MJ fan, but the fact is that there is always gonna be younger, more talented athletes on the come up.  You can't stay young forever.

Terrible analogy. Shaq fucked his whole career up by eating Big Macs and refusing to put in work...Dude took massive shits all over our organization while he was here. He's clearly all about being comfortable and doing his own thing. He coulda' been the undisputed greatest big of all time. Kobe is by far the hardest worker in the league, so comparing his decline to Shaq's is outrageous. Shaq wont be able to move out of bed by the time he's the age Jordan was in his Wizards stint...PeACe

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2007, 02:30:56 PM »
Being an hater or the fact Shaq left the Lakers (mmm.. asket to be traded from Mitch) has nothing to do with this topic. I mean the title is "The most useless, overated, overpaid and worthless player in the NBA...." and Shaq getting $ 20 millions per year can't be left out a top-5 list. Period. He's old? Who cares! He still gets $ 20 mls. He won a ring? He still gets $ 20 mls.
Right on. These contracts are given out based on a period of time, so at least Shaq has brought Miami to a title, although Dwayne Wade was better, they did it as a team. And, Shaq did bring some people in the seats, and fans. Ben Wallace has been a complete disappointment from the time he came to the Chicago Bulls, but he is doing more than Shaq right now and getting paid less. You can choose which one is more overpaid, but I would say both are top 5.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
Right on. These contracts are given out based on a period of time, so at least Shaq has brought Miami to a title, although Dwayne Wade was better, they did it as a team. And, Shaq did bring some people in the seats, and fans. Ben Wallace has been a complete disappointment from the time he came to the Chicago Bulls, but he is doing more than Shaq right now and getting paid less. You can choose which one is more overpaid, but I would say both are top 5.

Shaq didn't bring shit to Miami...The Heat were in the Eastern Semis the year before Shaq was in town, when Wade was a rookie...Heat only won when Shaq finally stepped back and let Wade(+the Donoghys) take control...Ben Wallace is still a good contributor. As of now, Shaq isn't even worth owning in Fantasy Leagues, considering he HURTS YOUR TEAM more than he BENEFITS it. That translates into real life. Turnover prone. Foul Prone. Liability on both ends. FAT. I bet the Heat would start winning more games if they let Zo start at center...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »

Terrible analogy. Shaq fucked his whole career up by eating Big Macs and refusing to put in work...Dude took massive shits all over our organization while he was here. He's clearly all about being comfortable and doing his own thing. He coulda' been the undisputed greatest big of all time. Kobe is by far the hardest worker in the league, so comparing his decline to Shaq's is outrageous. Shaq wont be able to move out of bed by the time he's the age Jordan was in his Wizards stint...PeACe

I'm not comparing their declines, I'm simply stating that Kobe WILL decline.  Just like guys like Shaq and MJ did.  It's called playing past your prime.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2007, 06:04:01 PM »
when shaq came in to play for the heat, it made miami an attractive place to play for veterans like jason williams, antoine walker and james posey who came to miami in hopes of seeking to win a championship
 before shaq was on the team yes they went to the eastern semis
but when came on board they went to the eastern conf finals , then the following year they took the championship

Do u guys remember about 3 years ago when the heat went to the conf finals the battle between shaq and ben wallace, shaq tore ben wallace up he completely took the fight out of ben wallace and he was the D mvp that year it was dope... he also had trouble the year they won the championship playing vs shaq ... ben wallace qoute said playing against shaq is like playing against a brick wall , with sound basketball skills

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2007, 06:09:11 PM »
Jesus! You guys are living off the past! It's almost 2008, y'all!! Shaq was been the most dominant center of the last decade, but now he ain't worth $ 20 mlns. Period.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2007, 08:48:47 PM »

Do u guys remember about 3 years ago when the heat went to the conf finals the battle between shaq and ben wallace, shaq tore ben wallace up he took the fight out of ben wallace and he was the D mvp that year it was dope... he also had trouble the year they won the championship playing vs shaq ... ben wallace qoute said playing against shaq is like playing against a brick wall , with sound basketball skills

You idiot, the geniuses on dubcc know waaaaaaaaaaaaay more about bball than Ben Wallace.  Now that I think about it, Shaq is prolly the worst player in the NBA.  Shawn Bradley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shaq

Jesus! You guys are living off the past! It's almost 2008, y'all!! Shaq was been the most dominant center of the last decade, but now he ain't worth $ 20 mlns. Period.

I guarantee you the Heat got an incredible return on their investment w/ Shaq.  All the revenue in ticket sales after he signed, and of course the money generated when they won the championship. 

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:58:37 PM by Ron Paul = greatest American since Thomas Jefferson »