Author Topic: ANYBODY HEAR THAT PUNK ASS OWNER OF THE FALCONS ON MNF!! WHAT HE SAID ABOUT VICC  (Read 668 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
no offense to everybody but the problem is that when he says fried chicken WE all think black people damn...at my school my black homies wuldnt trip if someone said something about fried chicken they would laugh and say go eat some tacos or hot dogs or rice or watever for watever race. not every comment is out to hurt people...he just tried to think of the first unhealthy food that came to mind and being in the south that was fried chicken i been to south EVERYBODY eats fried chicken

Here is the situation though.... You can't think of just how your friends would react. We all have friends that won't take offense to things. The thing is being able to view things from the eyes of different people. When you can see things from other people's perspectives and how certain things can be hurtful (instead of just through your own eyes), it will help you grow as a person.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

jeromechickenbone

Who gives a flyin motherfuck?  You don't hear Chinese people get mad if you say they eat chinese food.  I swear to god motherfuckers just sit on the sideline and jump at any chance to yell racism.

I agree w/ Jake too.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Once again... it's all easy shit to say until it's your race that's involved.

I am not entirely convinced that the guy was being racist, but someone in his position should have more common sense. 

the problem with that is i'm not that simple minded to get all offended.

even if he was talking to me and said " eating tacos and guacamole" it'd be illogical for me to get offended by that because

a) i fucking eat taht shit, i was raised on that shit
b) i fucking love that shit
c) i have bigger issues on my mind that need to be resolved over some white manager accusing me of eating "ethnic food " in the off season.

also to add to this......a lot of WHITE people eat fried chicken in the south as well.

and again he also said FRENCH FRIES....why is no one attacking that?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
no offense to everybody but the problem is that when he says fried chicken WE all think black people damn...at my school my black homies wuldnt trip if someone said something about fried chicken they would laugh and say go eat some tacos or hot dogs or rice or watever for watever race. not every comment is out to hurt people...he just tried to think of the first unhealthy food that came to mind and being in the south that was fried chicken i been to south EVERYBODY eats fried chicken

Here is the situation though.... You can't think of just how your friends would react. We all have friends that won't take offense to things. The thing is being able to view things from the eyes of different people. When you can see things from other people's perspectives and how certain things can be hurtful (instead of just through your own eyes), it will help you grow as a person.

in my life i only have time to worry about what my family and my friends think.........fuck everyone else. i don't  have a reason to care about no one else. i'm not going to fake it like i was running for president.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
who doesnt like fried chicken?

Roscoe's sounds good right about now.

people sleep HARD on the other stuff they serve at that place. everything is SOOO good there, even though you gain 20 pounds by the time you leave.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!

in my life i only have time to worry about what my family and my friends think.........fuck everyone else. i don't  have a reason to care about no one else. i'm not going to fake it like i was running for president.

Then you are limiting yourself as an individual.... life isn't always about how you see things. but it's your life. I used to be gung-ho like that too but time and lifes lessons have changed my thinking....

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
we're talking about FRIED CHICKEN.......c'mon now

Sikotic™

KFC or Popeye's?

Personally, I gotta go with Church's.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
we're talking about FRIED CHICKEN.......c'mon now

Substitute Fried Chicken for Beans & Tacos.... talking about a Mexican person. You don't see how that could upset a person? Coming from the mouth of a person from a different race?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
1. it wouldn't really offend me cuz i DO eat beans and tacos
2. beans and tacos arn't as unhealthy as fried chicken
3. fried chicken is more general than beans and tacos.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I didn't say offend "you"... but we both know it would offend Mexicans out there. Thanks to Taco Bell, tacos are right up there with Fried Chicken but that's besides the point. C'mon man, don't be naive...we all know that Fried Chicken has been tied to African Americans due to it's origin. And like I stated previously, it's something that is used against them by people. You know like when that Golfer said that Tiger Woods was going to add Fried Chicken to the Menu at the Masters when he won...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

I didn't say offend "you"... but we both know it would offend Mexicans out there. Thanks to Taco Bell, tacos are right up there with Fried Chicken but that's besides the point. C'mon man, don't be naive...we all know that Fried Chicken has been tied to African Americans due to it's origin. And like I stated previously, it's something that is used against them by people. You know like when that Golfer said that Tiger Woods was going to add Fried Chicken to the Menu at the Masters when he won...

i'm so glad you brought that tiger woods thing up.  because tiger responded lovely. instead of getting all vaginal about it and shedding more unnecessary light on it. he brushed it off as "unfortunate comments"  that's all that ever needs to be said. if something is truely RACIST like those comments. the correct thing to do is to strip those words from any power they may hold. it's like what your mom says to you when you're getting picked on when you were little, dont' give them a reaction and they're words mean nothing.

however "fried chicken and french fries"  is NOT a racist comment given the fact of WHO the person was, WHER the region it was said in, and the people that have rallied FOR him.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Tiger indeed acted professionally..... and that is a credit to him, however, there were indeed people that were offended by that statement and rightfully so. It's not getting "vaginal".... there are things that you are passionate about that others aren't, yet if you were to display emotion or upset feelings, are you being vaginal? and likewise there are issues that people are passionate about that you aren't....

As for that comment, it CAN be taken racially..and it CAN'T be taken racially... but that fact that It CAN is a reason why a person such as an Owner should use more tact. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

There was no racist intent behind the comment...end of story.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
maybe... maybe not... only God can say for sure... but obviously some African Americans on this forum took it as such because of a common stereotype used, and that is the point...

Now that is the end of the story...