Author Topic: Shaolin VS Wu-Tang album  (Read 143 times)

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
Shaolin VS Wu-Tang album
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »

You may have heard some clan members not liking the latest album (chef aand Ghost) well there taking it to another level.
You have already heard a lot (good and bad) about the new Wu-Tang Clan album. Now, as the date gets even closer, Raekwon is opening up even more. Now, he is saying he supports it - but he's adding his own opinions as well. Read on to find out what The Chef really thinks.

"I'm supporting it," Rae told MTV. "Go get it. I'm on it. I laid down the dressing on that. But like I said, it could've been stronger! I know the capabilities that we all have when we all sit in the room together. And then, at the end of the day, it was leaning towards RZA's world. I told RZA, 'This is a Wu-Tang Clan album. This ain't RZA's album.' If we say, 'We need this to proceed,' respect what we need to proceed."
"You dealing with a whole crew collectively, and [our] collective thoughts...You gotta keep that a part of the protocol. That wasn't a part of the protocol — we still try to give this man as much props as he deserves, 'cause he did so much. It's like listening to [Michael] Jordan, saying, 'Follow my hand.' But at the same time, Jordan ain't been around for a while. So now it's gotta be about the team. Ain't no I's in team. When Jordan's head gets too big, you gotta tell Jordan that's what it ain't about. It's team."

With back and forth talk from RZA, Ghostface and Raekwon, many have been wondering why such turmoil is being laid out in public. Rae also spoke on that and added that this is not a stunt.

"It's a lot going on, and like I said, this is not no publicity stunt...This is more or less about men understanding men and men respecting men. At the end of the day, I got a family to feed, kid. ... I got children that's going to school that I'm paying for sh-- for them to make it, and I refuse to sit here and act like another n---a is gonna tell me how I need to do what I gotta do. If it ain't how it used to be, then something's the matter. So, at the end of the day, it's just a n---a's water broke. Like a b---h being pregnant, she can't take it no more, her sh-- go blow!"

Many have also said that RZA, Rae and Ghost should all speak to one another before going to the media. Rae notes that this already happened.

"I let n---a know about his wicked ways before I [came] out and [addressed] this [in public]...So n---a never say, 'Oh, Chef did it out the blue on some ...' N---a, you know how I feel. ... It's tough love, but you gonna respect me. ... I can [opine] on how I feel, and if I feel it ain't right ... like I told RZA, 'Yo, I don't get nothing outta trying to shoot at you. I hope you don't get nothing out of shooting at me.' But respect that we supposed to be like this. The ill sh-- is, it's 10 years later, 15 years later. You mean to tell me you don't look at me like a general? You got a problem."

Rae also claimed to be the main man behind a new album, The Shaolin Vs. The Wu Tang, which will reportedly include every Wu member except for The Abbot, RZA.

"That's how I feel right now...It's coming and it's gonna be a lesson learned. That's a lesson to bust the Abbott's ass and let him know what we do. At the end of the day, if nobody don't do nothing, Chef's gonna show and prove. You [can only] hold in but so much, my dude."

NotoriousTDA

Re: Shaolin VS Wu-Tang album
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 01:40:04 PM »
Fuck Rae bringing up my name n shit  ;D

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »
Rza has stated b4 that he has this thing called the rule of 4. "With a team like this- with nine generals, nine ninjas, nine strong brothers - the cut off number is 4 its' not a majority, but it doesn't matter. If you got four niggas in your crew that are against something, then it's serious. It's real. Then you have to regroup and consider changing direction."
So if there was any 4 members against the direction of 8 diagrams it would of been a different album, like what Ghost and Chef wanted (pharrell and KAnye - would of been a super wack album). But since they were the only 2 that disliked the direction of the album ... RZA stuck to his rule and you have the final product. Which I think is great, grows on u more u listen to it... feeling where RZA wanted to take this album. yes it has some low-points but cmon 36 chambers will never b again.... so this is the answer to all those questions Iv'e been reading to why did RZA let the album come out when there are members not cool with it.... how can u get 9 strong minded individuals to agree on anything... great rule RZA

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »
myself i agree with chef to a point where this album on certain parts could of been better or a different direction on a couple of tracks but 2 cry to the media and air this out like ghost and say your gonna make an album with every member minus RZA the dude who STARTED u is just utter disrespect... chef just mad since OB4CL hes had no glory no hype no shine no nothing no love ... and now his own album is gettin dicked around and is scared when it finally drops the hype will be gone... he knows he needs RZA and he can't stand it... the only member to ever proove he can walk alone is ghost dude has talent ... everyone else needs that RZA sound to bring the best outta themselves..

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:46:12 PM »
myself i agree with chef to a point where this album on certain parts could of been better or a different direction on a couple of tracks but 2 cry to the media and air this out like ghost and say your gonna make an album with every member minus RZA the dude who STARTED u is just utter disrespect... chef just mad since OB4CL hes had no glory no hype no shine no nothing no love ... and now his own album is gettin dicked around and is scared when it finally drops the hype will be gone... he knows he needs RZA and he can't stand it... the only member to ever proove he can walk alone is ghost dude has talent ... everyone else needs that RZA sound to bring the best outta themselves..

I think Methodman is the only memeber to make classic records without Rza. I dont know about Ghost.

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 01:47:27 PM »
it be cool to hear some new wu and un-heard stuff but thats totally not gonna happen without RZA he's the father and selling point for someone to finance a wu album... just be glad we have 8 diagrams

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 01:50:54 PM »
im curious to hear this album raekwons got for us tho. How did it come together without Rza?

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »

I think Methodman is the only memeber to make classic records without Rza. I dont know about Ghost.
Bullet proof wallets plus the missing songs?  fishscale? more fish ?  big doe is a solid album .... also RZA dindn't do much on supreme clientele
4 meth his best  always comes from a RZA beat ... 4:21 best songs were RZA beats and thats not a classic album good album ... look what he did without RZA .... the prequel was his low-point in his career and fans screamed 4 RZA to make him some beats ... iM a Method Man fan fav member but he needs RZa's feel .... RZA knows them almost almost better than themselves ... but ghost has totally distanced himself from RZA and has had huge acclaim that he can call his own and can actually say  I DON'T NEED RZA  ... which in a way he is actually saying now

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 02:00:53 PM »
im curious to hear this album raekwons got for us tho. How did it come together without Rza?
  with rae not liking the album saying he won't co-sign it if it comes out ... says other members aren't happy aswell with the album... then says he will make his own album featuring everyone but RZA (RZa has stated he is fine with this!!!!)  but what iv';e heard only rae and ghost are mad and now there changing there tune... but rae wants punch u in the face type beats for this album... will this ever happen i doubt it.... would i buy this  u damn right more 4 us fans ... but would it be good for the clan no way this would be positve?  Rae just mad he's pregnant

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 02:16:44 PM »

Bullet proof wallets plus the missing songs?  fishscale? more fish ?  big doe is a solid album .... also RZA dindn't do much on supreme clientele
4 meth his best  always comes from a RZA beat ... 4:21 best songs were RZA beats and thats not a classic album good album ... look what he did without RZA .... the prequel was his low-point in his career and fans screamed 4 RZA to make him some beats ... iM a Method Man fan fav member but he needs RZa's feel .... RZA knows them almost almost better than themselves ... but ghost has totally distanced himself from RZA and has had huge acclaim that he can call his own and can actually say  I DON'T NEED RZA  ... which in a way he is actually saying now

I totally disagree. To me Meth is one of those characters that can make himself sound good on any beat, he can make it his own. When hes featured on a song, he makes the song, with his flow, witty lyrics and smooth voice. Ghost on the other hand doesnt have any of these features, he just bring that rugged raw shit, that is still very wutang. When people hear of Meth, some of them dont even affliate him with the wutang, they know him for his solo shit and what hes done with movies and with redman. So to me, methodman has a better chance of selling records without rza backing him, the prequel is one of my favourite albums by meth by the way. Everyone hated on it, but i thought the beats were dope and i dont think rza did anything on that album except for the intro. Ghostface is pretty lyrical, but without the wutang backing him i dont think he`ll have any success at all. Big doe rehab is nothing special, and neither was more fish. Fishscale was good, but the wu was all over that one.

Efrain

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 02:53:24 PM »
yes it has some low-points but cmon 36 chambers will never b again....

While I agree that they can't surpass, or even recreate 36 chambers, I'm comfortable in saying (after several dozen listens to 8 Diagrams) that Rza exerted control over the album to it's determent. We're used to aging rappers and producers loosing their creativity and edge over time and I think most people would say the Wu are in that category, but when you listen to the gems they've dropped here and there you have to hold them to that higher standard and accept nothing less.

Case in point, Meth's "Presidential M.C." An album of material with that gritty, edgy, authentic hardcore sound produced by Rza COULD be 36 chambers caliber in todays hip-hop climate. And I firmly believe Rza could make an album like that in his sleep, no question. The reason he didn't is because he wanted to introduce a new sound and incorporate what he's learned from composing movie scores and working with international talents etc. He doesn't view himself as a producer, he views himself as a "super-producer" (his words), someone who has vision and can influence musical trends. While I believe he actually is, that type of inflated ego and over confidence is a recipe for disaster (pride comes before the fall) and I believe 8 Diagrams suffered because of it.

There's no question that Rza is an innovator and that everyone in hip-hop, and especially the Wu-Tang owes him a great deal, but there's also no question that 8 Diagrams isn't a groundbreaking genre changing sound and the majority of fans are disappointed with the album as a whole. Rza has millions of dollars and dozens of outlets to release his own unique projects and sounds but the Wu-Tang isn't one of them. He should have final say over the project as head producer, but like any good leader his 1st priorities should the team and doing what's best for the record.

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 02:55:02 PM »

I totally disagree. To me Meth is one of those characters that can make himself sound good on any beat, he can make it his own. When hes featured on a song, he makes the song, with his flow, witty lyrics and smooth voice. Ghost on the other hand doesnt have any of these features, he just bring that rugged raw shit, that is still very wutang. When people hear of Meth, some of them dont even affliate him with the wutang, they know him for his solo shit and what hes done with movies and with redman. So to me, methodman has a better chance of selling records without rza backing him, the prequel is one of my favourite albums by meth by the way. Everyone hated on it, but i thought the beats were dope and i dont think rza did anything on that album except for the intro. Ghostface is pretty lyrical, but without the wutang backing him i dont think he`ll have any success at all. Big doe rehab is nothing special, and neither was more fish. Fishscale was good, but the wu was all over that one.
i totally agree BUT meths best work came with RZA i like the pre-quel i like all his albums but to be great and a classic he needs RZa as a solo ... blackout was  great him and redman are classic but RZa helped with that 2 ..... what im saying meth and the group need Rza get that classic sound  that brings the best outta themselves .... i'm not saying the stuff without RZa is bad but u can't compare (prequel <<<Tical)....
I agree that meth can sell no matter who he is with ... but his best work is with Rza like all of the clans work is except 4 ghostface whos showing he doesnt want or need RZa on his shit.... point im saying we both liked the pre-quel right?  well the big complain on that were his beats ( 4 me some of them) so what did meth go and doon 4:21? he went out and got the muthafucka that knows him best and also believes in him most ( calling meth wu-tang brotha #1)  and the result a better album right ? RZA knows his clansmens... so with RZA on board u got a better album   4:21>>>>>tical 0 the prequel  

meth can sell without RZA oh hell yes  but to have a great album with acclaim hes shown he needs RZA in where Ghostface Killah has proven he doesnt need RZA 4 sales or to have a great album
i don't really disagree with ya only on some points? c what im sayin ? meth comes back to RZA and ghost won't? i guarentee the next meth album will be full of RZa beats because I know yu'll agree with me here on what im sayin  on 8 diagrams have u heard meth spit like that since?????? he was raw and hungry thats why RZA gave him the most spots on the album cuz dude is an animal on RZA tracks now compare that with his sound from the pre-quel which he sounds a bit uninthused mot sayin the prequel is awful like others but u have 2 agree that meth UPS his ante on 8 diagrams and thats because hes comfortabl with RZa's style and beats (brings the best outta him)

now as 4 ghost since after after Supreme Clientele youv;e seen a diff ghostface without RZA(ex the difference between supreme clientele and Bulletproof wallets is almost night and day) ...    hes more in touch with himself he laughs he cries  he has soul ... hes not just in the punch u in tha face rob ya shit type ghost he ws originally b4 with RZA ... i think Ghost has grown leaps and bounds since the early days of tony starks .... ex  could u ever imagine ghost doin a song like underwater or big girl after u heard ironman ghost face? his imagination and lyrics  have grown by leaps and bounds makin him now i think the most versitlie mc in the game right now ... but if u said u could only listen to one mc the rest of my life i would pic Method Man hands down becasuse his flow and energy and his voice are the best in hip-hop including live performances

MediumL

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 02:56:54 PM »
Big Doe Rehab >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 8 Diagrams

I predict this albums gonna be hot.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »
people are forgetting this album is meant to be 4 everyone to better hip-hop its got bits and pieces u like and  other parts other people are like .. i dont like the whole album (stick me 4 my riches and starter) but 90% of it i do and u can still here 36 chambers sound and a forever sound in this album but hes using more live instruments and pushing his own creativity to bring more fans in to hip-hop or wu-tang ... wu-tang is known fow having a massive following of fans all over the world and a bunch of there fans don't like hip-hop but just like the WU (mostly europe) so in end this album is 4 everybody to enjoy .. not to just to keep wu-heeds goin but the hip-hop community goin where would he b if he made an album just 4 wu-heads? ya it be great but hes not growing or advancing the name of Wu-tang in which this album will do .. do i think its there best effort no i have it ranked behind Enter the 36 chambers and Wu-tang forever .. but do i think it will help cement the wu-tang name and RZA as the most versitle producer 4 years to come in hip-hop yes i do and only time will tell whos right

Efrain

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »
And with respect to Raekwon; what exactly in his non-Rza contributed catalog of music does he think qualifies him to be the judge of acceptable production and creative direction? Track for track and album for album Raekwon has dropped more wack solo joints than anyone else in Wu. A "Shaolin" album with Rae at the helm is just going to make matters worse for Wu stock. I think we'd all like to forget about "Ice Cream pt. 2"