Author Topic: Great Wall Show  (Read 54 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Great Wall Show
« on: December 14, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »
That show at the Echo last night with Pacific Division/Great Wall was cool, they really rocked it. Anyone else go to it? Props to Dubcnn for letting us know about events like that, keep it up!!
I got a bird's eye view

We Fly High

Re: Great Wall Show
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »
props man, very glad you went, howd you like the set? those guys are all really good at performing...

have you been able to check out some of the past pacific division/great wall audio i have uploaded to dubcnn?

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 04:01:09 PM »
The set was cool, a nice little club set-up so everyone was real close to the stage. The first performer was a guy named Dom Kennedy, and he was pretty good, but it's hard when you're the first one off. Next was a group called "SK-87", and they were decent but they sounded too much like they were trying to bite off the Beastie Boys, and they almost caused some problems by talking shit to a dude in the crowd. But when the Great Wall collective came on, they really tore it up, good selection of songs, got the crowd into it, even dancing and all that, they really look like they will do big things with hip-hop. I've seen a few updates and audio that you've posted, that was why I went to check them out, and now I'm definitely more interested. Keep doing your thing, I appreciate it.
I got a bird's eye view

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 01:13:24 AM »
Been bumping the great wall - L.A. shit for some time now.. nice track