Author Topic: Magic Johnson says "Kidd WILL be a Laker"  (Read 494 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Magic Johnson says "Kidd WILL be a Laker"
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 08:47:37 PM »
I'd give Kwame & Vlad in a Heart Beat..
But Not Luke Or Farmar, hell Not even the machine [Shit they are our insurance incase Kobe split's]

SGV

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 08:49:59 PM »
Lakers fans need to decide whether they want to win a Championship in the next year or so... or wait for their roster to fully develop which who knows how long that will take.

Farmar is good. But imagine having Fisher backing up Kidd right now, that would give the Lakers a good push. So, yeah, they might lose Kwame, Luke & Farmar (I think this might be a bit much for Kidd right now) but they might end up with another ring in the next season (if not this season).

Walton, Farmar and a draft pick maybe?

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 08:53:12 PM »
kobe's not gonna split if they got kidd. the fact that we didnt trade for kidd last season was one of the major factors which triggered kobe's tantrum during the offseason.

and i think we coud afford to lose walton if were getting back kidd. mitch should do everything in his power to keep farmar tho.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 12:08:12 AM »
I'd give Kwame & Vlad in a Heart Beat..
But Not Luke Or Farmar, hell Not even the machine [Shit they are our insurance incase Kobe split's]
Exactly. I'd rather this trade didn't go through, but if it has to then don't include Farmar in the deal.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »
This is actually the first time in 3 years that I won't be upset if a trade doesn't go down. Farmar hasn't just become a good role player or a good point guard but he's becoming a true floor general. I don't wanna see him go. I mean if Kidd was a few years younger then yeah but not now. Our PG rotation is solid, if anything we should be looking for a defensive PF.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 12:50:32 AM »
oh hell no!

fuck this trade!

maybe last year or two years ago , hell yeah. but ..

1. we need a solid big man....getting rid of kwame for  POINT GUARD isn't helping that need, we're just going to put too much pressure on bynum's young weird ass and fuck his shit up

2. we DONT" NEED a point guard really.....especially when we have d fish and farmar and javaras in the shadows, kidd's my second favorite pg of all time but he's got a very short shelf life and we'd be hurting ourselves in the playoffs if we got rid of all of that for just him.... kwame/walton/farmar and fisher starting will contribute more overall than kidd by himself will.

3. this seriously fucks up our future....draft picks are very important in the nba , you only have to fill 5 different positions on the court ...it's not like the nfl where you have damn near 30 and you can still land a hall of famer in round 4. every draft pick is important.  plus farmar and walton IMO are too valuable to the teams future compared to kidds.......we have a better shot of winning more trophies with those two than with the rest of kidd's career in the long run.

4. also we've got the 4th best record in the western conference....we're not going to advance too significantly past that with kidd.  the west is a big body conference.....that's why it's illogical to trade all of those pieces for a point guard....i mean shit look how much allen iverson "improved" the nuggets.lol. if we're going to be shooting for anyone it's gotta be a big body like chandler/dwight howard/boozer/ hell i'd even take zach randolph. SOMEBODY to solidify that center/power position

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:52:51 AM by Don Jacob »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 01:23:09 AM »
yall are forgettin that we COULD still trade for a veteran big who could play defense in kwame's absence. jamaal magloire aint worth shit to NJ anymore. pj brown aint even signed to any teams.

the biggest issue here has been stated already. our primary strength was supposed to be our depth, which also happens to be our young players (aka the future of the lakers). but these are the guys that the other teams are going to want. so how badly do lakers want to win rite now with kobe in his prime? because if we trade for kidd, we better be willing to make some extra moves to get them their championship immediately. cuz if we dont win that ring with kidd then we're pretty fucked.

wcsoldier

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 02:20:06 AM »
1st : Magic didn't say that
2nd : It ain't happening, more media BS
3rd : upgrading the PG postion is not our 1st need , the PF position is a priority

Have a nice day

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 04:57:12 AM »
The rumors I heard have us including Farmar in the trade...if so, I wont be so excited to see it go down.

Every single player in our roster has potential, man. You know it. From Sasha to Odom. Obviously i wont be happy to see Farmar go, cause he's playing extremely well this season, he's the most improved player in our team by far till now, and he's showing the potential i didn't think he had last season. Props to him. But Kidd is Kidd, man. Shit. Kidd, Bryant, Walton, Odom & Bynum is a hell of a starting five. Fisher backup PG and Crittenton as the main prospect. I like that. That said, i agree with the homie who said that to trade Kwame Brown will damage us in the short run, cause he's our best defender in the post position, and Bynum needs help.

Shit man. Mitch do it!! Fuck it.

P.S.

WHAT??? LUKE + BROWN + 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICKS PLUS FARMAR?? Hold on. That's too much.  >:(
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:00:05 AM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 05:09:12 AM »
kidd would have bynum putting up superstar numbers by the end of the year though. look wut kidd did for k-mart. hell, look wut kidd did for sorry ass mikki moore last year lol.

yup... Lakers ain't got the heart to trade for something of value unless it's an incredibly unfair trade, so this won't happen
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 05:38:08 AM »
Again, Hell nah.
I'd rather Magic Johnson lace them up again! [This one shot at a championship shit, didn't work, remember K Malone, Payton ect]
Again no knock on J Kidd, But The Future look's to good for the Laker youngin's [imo]
don't forget Kobe might still bail on us.

I'm Happy with our PG Situation.
Although I would throw in Crit instead of Farmar & or Luke.

Crit, Vlad And Kwame that's would be alright.. 8)
(haven't had too much time with crit yet, to miss dude)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 06:42:25 AM »
Crittenton looks like a real steal in the draft. Mitch can draft.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 01:07:13 PM »
The rumors I heard have us including Farmar in the trade...if so, I wont be so excited to see it go down.

Every single player in our roster has potential, man. You know it. From Sasha to Odom.

Potential means shit. Every player in the league has potential. Theres a quote (cant remember which coach its by) that says "potential gets you fired". Its not what the players are capable of, its what they do. Anytime someone is described as having potential it means they are underperforming.

As for this trade, i dunno. The Lakers are not going to win a championship with this current lineup, thats obvious. And even IF some of these players develop into good NBA players, it will be at least 2-3 yrs down the road. Kobe is only going to get older. Kidd would be a more immediate solution, but I dont see them winning a title even with him unless they have more of a presence down low. If I were a Laker fan, i would love to see them go after a veteran big first. Fisher is serviceable at the point, and pretty good defensively. Kobe is Kobe. Odom is up and down, but can be a threat. Their front court just lacks any real experience. What they should do, is work a threeway deal involving a couple of their young players and maybe a draft pick going to NJ, Kidd going somehwere that needs a solid point but could part with a veteran big, and have that big come to LA.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 01:34:21 PM »
Good veteran bigs are rarely available. Aside from MAYBE JO, there is no realistic possibility. I predict the Lakers to not make a big trade this season. Depending on how the season ends, Kobe will either get traded or not. If they get bounced in the first round this season, I don't see any chance of Kobe staying. The Lakers have always been about trading a player before he expires in one way or the other.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

thisoneguy360

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 02:51:37 PM »
Kidd would help the Lakers a lot for a few years but it's not really worth it in the long run