Author Topic: fighting with other boards and  over producers  (Read 174 times)

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
fighting with other boards and  over producers
« on: June 23, 2001, 12:15:31 PM »
east coast, west coast....who cares? music is music no matter where you go. there will always be millions of people who hate one style of music cause they dont listen to it or are jeolous of it. a lot of people from the east hate westcoast music and vice versa. people will always try to discredit or disrespect music they don't understand, are jeolous of or are
scared of. that's just like everything in life. everyone has there favorite artists and that's great. but dont let your bias blind you from the truth. even if you don't like them jordan will always be the greatest baller of all time and dre will always be the greatest rap producer of all time. thats just the way it is. life sucks sometimes. just face the fact and move on. but a lot of people will never change so why worry about it too much. i love producers like premo, pete rock, rza, the bomb squad, etc. just like i love quik and a lot of westcoast producers. those producers are all incredibly talented and great producers but
they are and always be a step down from dre. most of them have one or maybe two trademark production styles. dre has had 4 or 5 styles that blew up and changed the game and will have many more before his career is over. each time dre innovates, people copy his style and kinda catch up. when
that happens dre ditches his previous style and trys something else. it wont always work but for dre it has almost every single time. there are two types of people in the world, people who set trends and people who follow trends. taking chances and trying something new is what makes legends and greatness. the world would be nothing if people hadn't taken chances or tried things other people didn't think were possible. one of our mottos
around here is that "the best way to predict the future is to create it". and thats what dre
does and will continue to do. no other producer in rap does what dre does. dre has had a major part in around 30 albums. and there are only 3 or 4 of thoses that did not go gold or platinum. no other producer can come close to that. and dre has done it using various styles and various types of artists.
like jordan, dre has revolutionized and dominated their respective fields like no one ever
has before them or ever will. they are at the top and everyone else is battling for second. a lot of the people battling for second are legends and huge talents so they deserve recognition and demand our respect. so my point is accept the facts, continue to support whomever your favorite is and move on. but dont disrespect someone just because you are
jealous of the fact that the person you like the most is not and never will be on the level that the person you dont like is. if your battling the other boards that contain idiots, don't bother. you can't control or change a lot of their opinions, so just leave em alone and let the blind lead the blind.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

Don Seer

Re: fighting with other boards and  over producers
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2001, 12:19:47 PM »
whoa my brain got out of breath reading that  ;) more punctuation please mr mellow LOL

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2001, 12:22:41 PM »
I ALWAYS FIND THAT WITH MELLOWS POSTS

MORE SPACES NEEDED 2 BREAK UP THA TXT!

BUT THEN AGAIN IT WUDNT B MELLOWS STYLE!!

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

mellowman

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2001, 01:46:10 PM »
i don't know why it spaces out like that sometimes. its not a style its just something that happens with my posts sometimes. and although my posts are long i type super fast and my thought's are quick enough to keep up. so my quick typing may cause those errors. i guess you guys need to work out your brains a little more and get it in shape (just kidding). god gave me two gifts, my writing and my ability to make dope music. other than that i'm just a man trying to do the best i can no better than anyone else. i live to break steroetypes and to make shit people don't think is possible. who says someone who comes from where i come from can't type fast or be a creative force breaking sonic boundaries.
sorry im rambling. need some more chronic to ease me back to my 'laid back motherfucker' self. talk to ya next week.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2001, 04:42:12 AM »
Haha..

I Like This Mellowman Cat, He's Got Style, LOL

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2001, 07:54:04 AM »

Haha..

I Like This Mellowman Cat, He's Got Style, LOL

Yeah thats a cool dude right there.
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

mellowman

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2001, 01:59:23 PM »
i hope none of you think that because i didn't mention some big name producers that i disrespect them at all. there are a lot of west coast and east coast producers i didn't mention that i love their work. if i added names to the list producers i love it (or put in the second level of producers)would get 50 names deep and touch a lot of different musical styles. like i mentioned before ill be happy to answer any question you have in my regards to my opinions about other producers and ill give you an honest and unbiased opinion. hope this post didn't make you think so hard that you got a brain anuerism. peace.