Author Topic: Ohhhhhhh shit!! Have you all just seen Ariza's dunk??  (Read 372 times)

Sparegeez

Re: Ohhhhhhh shit!! Have you all just seen Ariza's dunk??
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 10:55:05 PM »
Baron Davis would have probably taken his shirt and short off, yelling and all if it was him doing that dunk

Are you slow? Did you ever see that Davis dunk on Kirilinko? Kirilinko went up for the block, while Hill just went for the charge. The dunk wasn't even that amazing. So why would Davis go crazy of that dunk?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 11:02:05 PM »
Baron Davis would have probably taken his shirt and short off, yelling and all if it was him doing that dunk

Are you slow? Did you ever see that Davis dunk on Kirilinko? Kirilinko went up for the block, while Hill just went for the charge. The dunk wasn't even that amazing. So why would Davis go crazy of that dunk?

I just wanted to express that that Davis dunk was by far the most overrated dunk in recent NBA history.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sparegeez

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 11:06:33 PM »

I just wanted to express that that Davis dunk was by far the most overrated dunk in recent NBA history.

Why do you say that? It looked pretty sick to me. 10 x sicker than this one for sure.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 11:25:13 AM »

Why do you say that? It looked pretty sick to me. 10 x sicker than this one for sure.

:nawty:

Balls on chin >>>>>> Elbow on chin.

Sparegeez

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 11:35:48 AM »

:nawty:

Balls on chin >>>>>> Elbow on chin.

Contested dunk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>uncontested dunk

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »
Tryna draw the charge IS contesting a dunk. Either way, BD used his off-arm to shield it...PeACe

Sparegeez

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 11:50:59 AM »
Tryna draw the charge IS contesting a dunk. Either way, BD used his off-arm to shield it...PeACe

I see a charge as trying to get dunked on to get the foul, didn't work in Grant's case

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 11:59:14 AM »
Ariza's dunk was more vicious.

the.SET

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 11:08:01 PM »
Gotta take into account that B-diddy is 6'3", give or take an inch, and AK47 is like 6'9". The height different alone makes that dunk better than this one
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 08:42:09 AM »
wow.. the guy knows how to do offensive fouls without the refs blowing their whistles. ::) i guess thats a skill.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »
wow.. the guy knows how to do offensive fouls without the refs blowing their whistles. ::) i guess thats a skill.

Baron Davis' dunk was a more blatantly offensive foul.. but yeah I agree, both dunks were offensive fouls. They called the blocking foul on Hill instead of the charge. It was clearly a charge, though. If the game had been in PHX, they would have called the charge, no doubt.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 10:30:32 AM »

LMAO...You don't run under a player who's rising.

I-Bo=Tim Donaghy

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »

Baron Davis' dunk was a more blatantly offensive foul.. but yeah I agree, both dunks were offensive fouls. They called the blocking foul on Hill instead of the charge. It was clearly a charge, though. If the game had been in PHX, they would have called the charge, no doubt.

You mean like this one?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vf81yM2qmhs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vf81yM2qmhs</a>

:-*

Sparegeez

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 01:28:49 PM »

WTF are you talking about? I think the Ariza's dunk could have been called both ways, very tough call for any side. But BD's dunk? Are you slow? Or you're just mad on what he did to the Mavs huh. As you can see Kirlinko's feet were not set, and he was jumping for the block. So how the fuck can that be a charge? Oh yeah and his feet were INSIDE the restricted zone.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYpwjB0IzoU&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tYpwjB0IzoU&amp;rel=1</a>

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 01:32:12 PM »
^Dude...putting your elbow into an opponents face to create space is way more of an offensive foul than dunking on someone running under you. That said, I think both dunks were boss.