Author Topic: Juno  (Read 1488 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Juno
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 04:33:37 PM »
I never said they were the same type of character...I said the vibe and feel was the same.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »
The vibe and feel mainly come from the characters and writing style.  It's not similar, like El Duque said they just have the indy thing going.  The film Juno has a hipster feel to it, you can't say the same about Napolean Dynamite. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 10:02:23 PM »
i can KINDA see the comparison between the two movies because:

they have that idependent feel to it
they both speek to the same generation (where juno keeps on the pace with the audience's maturity  level)
they both have quirky characters

however JUNO i think at the end of the day is a warmer movie. you walk away from that film moved and it forces you to think a little bit more because of it's strong story. where as napoleon is just a funny movie about the random quirks of some geek.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

JAZ

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2008, 10:06:55 AM »
i guess this is one of the few times im on NIKs side.

Lazar

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
I saw it last night and I really like it. But the movie get´s too much hype, I would rate it with a7/10

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »
The vibe and feel mainly come from the characters and writing style.  It's not similar, like El Duque said they just have the indy thing going.  The film Juno has a hipster feel to it, you can't say the same about Napolean Dynamite. 

Like I said, it has a quirky vibe...you can't say it doesn't with the way the relationships between characters was developed. It's VERY similar to "Napolean Dynamite"...and it also has the dull feel to it, as well. I've seen many indy films, and they aren't all the same like you're acting.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2008, 01:57:30 PM »
"Quirky vibe" is pretty vague.  I never said all independent movies are the same.  Juno is just another indy movie that has gotten a shitload of money like Little Miss Sunshine, like Napolean Dynamite, etc. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2008, 04:32:34 PM »
Quirky vibe is pretty self-explanatory...I don't see how you don't get what I'm saying.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2008, 05:09:01 PM »
I'm not going to go in circles with you, if you really believe that okay then.  The quirky vibe comparison wouldn't fly in a film class.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »
LMFAO...Okayyyy. You're the only person I know who bitches about opinions. You're right though, I think I'm convinced...The dialogue in this film was stunning. Nothing quirky about it at all. It was just like reality.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »
I'm not bitching at all.  All I'm doing is trying to figure out why a comparison is made, don't get mad now. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2008, 08:14:42 PM »
I'm not mad...obviously, people agreed with me, so it's not like I'm pulling this shit out my ass like you're tryna make it seem.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2008, 08:20:34 PM »
I never claimed that you're pulling shit out of your ass either.  You're seriously overreacting just because I'm asking you to defend your statement basically. I'm here trying to have a normal debate, then I decide that since we're going in circles I'll just stop...and you come in the next reply "laughing your fucking ass off" and say that I'm bitching? What kind of childish shit is that? Not everyone is out to get you.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »
You're the one who said that my analysis "wouldn't fly" in a film class, when I've personally taken film classes and know for a fact that my explanation was legit. It's an opinion...what the hell do you mean it wouldn't fly? LOL. You obviously don't realize that you act very condescending when people have a difference of opinion in regards to movies.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »
You're the one who said that my analysis "wouldn't fly" in a film class, when I've personally taken film classes and know for a fact that my explanation was legit. It's an opinion...what the hell do you mean it wouldn't fly? LOL. You obviously don't realize that you act very condescending when people have a difference of opinion in regards to movies.

If in a film class they tell you to compare two films, and you come up with a vague answer...they're going to ask for an elaboration.  "Quirky vibe" can be attributed to thousands of films, literally.  I actually went into specifics about the overall "vibe" of the film.  Juno has the hipster vibe going on, and Napolean is nothing like that.

It's an opinion...what the hell do you mean it wouldn't fly? LOL.

If someone were to say that "The Matrix" has a kinky vibe to it like the movie "Secretary", would that work as an answer to a comparison? If that person really believes that about the Matrix and Secretary then okay, but we have to keep in mind that not all opinions are safe from being judged right or wrong.