Poll

Whos Your Pick?

Snoop Dogg
24 (36.9%)
Ice Cube
41 (63.1%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ice Cube vs Snoop Dogg  (Read 1182 times)

Drop A Gem On Em

Re: Ice Cube vs Snoop Dogg
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 02:24:35 AM »
Ice Cube.

"it's the number 1 crew in ya area
make a move for ya gat and i'll bury ya!"

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »
Also how can you look up to someone like Nat Turner ? He cited the killing of innocent women and children and because of of his actions close to 200 innocent black people were executed ??

I dont have a problem with what Nat turner did. Blacks were acting like bitches and he just had enough of that shit and snapped dont make Nat Turner the personin the wrong it was the white racist that caused him to snap.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 08:18:06 AM »
I'm not gonna bother getting into this whole race issue with you as we would go on forever about it but if you know the full story you would know that Nat Turner called on his group of followers to ' kill all whites ' due to him seeing various ' visions ' and having visits from god and even because he saw a solar eclipse. So they began slaying white people regardless of their gender or age, obviously this enraged the Slave owners and because of this almost 200 blacks were executed. To hold a grudge against all white people to this day is just pathetic. I'm not saying to forget about it completely but to carry on calling all white people ' devils ' and being generally racist because of things that happened years ago that we have no control over now is just stupid.

Also how can you look up to someone like Nat Turner ? He cited the killing of innocent women and children and because of of his actions close to 200 innocent black people were executed ??

I dont have a problem with what Nat turner did. Blacks were acting like bitches and he just had enough of that shit and snapped dont make Nat Turner the personin the wrong it was the white racist that caused him to snap.

Invincible

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 08:29:41 AM »
I like them both alot to but I just prefer to listen to a bit of Snoop more.

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »
I love Snoop..foreal..but comparin him to Cube is crazy. Cube is arguably the GOAT, he went solo and made it big by dropping two of the greatest albums in hip hop history..back to back. He didnt get any radio or MTV play when he dropped AMW and DC, and still went multiple plat off word of mouth and the greatness of the albums. He didnt need Dre, he didnt Death Row, he never needed that..he did it his own way. To this day, he's truly the only Westcoast artist who has never needed Dre, and doesnt need to holla at him.

Invincible

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 08:38:22 AM »
To this day, he's truly the only Westcoast artist who has never needed Dre, and doesnt need to holla at him.

You got to admit though, if he had of hooked up with him more often or if the Helter Skelter album came out it would have been great.

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »
I can agree with that. I judge people on their character not skin color, but what Nat did at that point was through enslavement of our people man! Imagine seeing peopl ebign hung and treated like a piece of shit. Sooner or later you will snap. I definitely dont believe eveything I read in USA history books or any book for that matter. Your people left alot of shit out, and draw white picks of Jesus. I guess u think that he was having those visions for the fucc of it! POE product of environment. As many blacks as white people killed I still dont think it was a fair excahnge. 400 yrs of our women birng raped men being hung our daugheters and wives being killed. No comparison dude. Like I said people should let it go at this point becuase all it does is hold them back. Those days are gone its a batlle between rich and poor at this point. Its about your class now not race. Thisis the greatest counrty in the world and you can be anything you want to here.

I'm not gonna bother getting into this whole race issue with you as we would go on forever about it but if you know the full story you would know that Nat Turner called on his group of followers to ' kill all whites ' due to him seeing various ' visions ' and having visits from god and even because he saw a solar eclipse. So they began slaying white people regardless of their gender or age, obviously this enraged the Slave owners and because of this almost 200 blacks were executed. To hold a grudge against all white people to this day is just pathetic. I'm not saying to forget about it completely but to carry on calling all white people ' devils ' and being generally racist because of things that happened years ago that we have no control over now is just stupid.

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 08:51:44 AM »
To this day, he's truly the only Westcoast artist who has never needed Dre, and doesnt need to holla at him.

You got to admit though, if he had of hooked up with him more often or if the Helter Skelter album came out it would have been great.

Oh..no doubt. I think Helter Skelter not happening is one of the biggest losses to hip hop...it would've EASILY been a westcoast classic on the level of AMW, DC, Chronic, Doggystyle, AEOM and 7 DAY. Also..I kinda wish Dre and Cube hooked up around 91-92...a time when IMO both Cube and Dre were at their creative peak, one as a lyrical genius and the other as a producing genius. Obviously..they still both did ok :)

SHAAD G

• 'G'
  • Tha Ace Of Diego!
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
Lyrically of course I say Cube but musically, mainstream wise and sales Tha Dogg got it hands down.  They both are in the top list, both are LOUD voices of the west and both play their positions as West Coast leaders!

Shaad G
"Why settle for 3 when I got the eyes of Edgerrin!
 Why tie I'd rather win.
 Line for Line I'm Better then Most!"-Mykestro

messi19

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 09:00:31 AM »
Love em both (n/h), but Cube got this bruh.

Sorry for changin the subject but is there any info on the direction of Snoops new album?
Cuz im not really sure if im anticipatin it. Raw Footage? Thats another story. Cube stay droppin gems on these fools 8)

SHAAD G

• 'G'
  • Tha Ace Of Diego!
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »
I feel you!  Great argument though.

One
Shaad G
"Why settle for 3 when I got the eyes of Edgerrin!
 Why tie I'd rather win.
 Line for Line I'm Better then Most!"-Mykestro

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2008, 09:13:57 AM »
Love em both (n/h), but Cube got this bruh.

Sorry for changin the subject but is there any info on the direction of Snoops new album?
Cuz im not really sure if im anticipatin it. Raw Footage? Thats another story. Cube stay droppin gems on these fools 8)

What concerns me is Snoop was interviewed about the album and he was talkin bout how hes tryin different things on this album with this album cause he's in a position now where he can do what he wants.  I mean if the whole album is like Sexual Seduction I gotta say i wont be coppin it...even though i'm one of his biggest fans.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2008, 09:15:03 AM »
Cool, Obviously I don't agree with what happened back then at all, infact it was disgusting and i'm with you when you say you don't believe what you read in history books ( especially the American ones ) but all i'm trying to say is there is no need to carry on with this racist bullshit and keep having digs at white people all the time...devil this and devils that.., you can't generalise all white people on a what some idiots did years and years ago. I don't hold a grudge to all black people because of the way certain black people have behaved in the past. Do you know what i mean ? I'm not into all this ' my people ' ' your people ' crap....these days i just take everyone as they come, no matter what gender/religion/age or skin colour they are. Racisim still exists because of people like ' Nat Turner Reincarnated ' can't let go of the past and just take each person for who they are..

I can agree with that. I judge people on their character not skin color, but what Nat did at that point was through enslavement of our people man! Imagine seeing peopl ebign hung and treated like a piece of shit. Sooner or later you will snap. I definitely dont believe eveything I read in USA history books or any book for that matter. Your people left alot of shit out, and draw white picks of Jesus. I guess u think that he was having those visions for the fucc of it! POE product of environment. As many blacks as white people killed I still dont think it was a fair excahnge. 400 yrs of our women birng raped men being hung our daugheters and wives being killed. No comparison dude. Like I said people should let it go at this point becuase all it does is hold them back. Those days are gone its a batlle between rich and poor at this point. Its about your class now not race. Thisis the greatest counrty in the world and you can be anything you want to here.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2008, 09:57:44 AM »

Lazar

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »
Both are, along with Pac, my fav rappers of all time. But I´m closely go with Snoop

Snoop = King of the West
Ice Cube = The Westcoast Don