Author Topic: I'd like to thank God because without him I wouldn't be here standing in....  (Read 209 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Those people that receive awards (grammys, mtv, etc.) and come up to the podium and love to say "I want to thank God.......". I got a question- Who do you really think they are praising and giving thanks to? This is in reference to the Black rappers/actor etc receiving these awards because they're always first to thank "GOD". They can't  be giving thanks to  GOD as it would appear but more to the white man and his money/or money in general. And the reason why I say this, is because that if these rappers were really rapping about some real shit (not just talking about cockin glocks n popping shots) and if these actors were taking real roles( not just roles depicted as stupid monkeys); then they wouldn't be up there receiving any awards. Because if GOD is the one they are giving thanks to for those accolades and being up there, then in all actuality they wouldn't be up there because GOD doesn't represent the negative forces in life. So who are they really thanking?

Sikotic™

They're just thanking the 5% of us that are the enlightened and righteous black men. They know that we're the reason why those devils even give em a chance in the first place.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Those people that receive awards (grammys, mtv, etc.) and come up to the podium and love to say "I want to thank God.......". I got a question- Who do you really think they are praising and giving thanks to? This is in reference to the Black rappers/actor etc receiving these awards because they're always first to thank "GOD". They can't  be giving thanks to  GOD as it would appear but more to the white man and his money/or money in general. And the reason why I say this, is because that if these rappers were really rapping about some real shit (not just talking about cockin glocks n popping shots) and if these actors were taking real roles( not just roles depicted as stupid monkeys); then they wouldn't be up there receiving any awards. Because if GOD is the one they are giving thanks to for those accolades and being up there, then in all actuality they wouldn't be up there because GOD doesn't represent the negative forces in life. So who are they really thanking?

^^Well Put!!
Cuz I've often thought about that!

And kinda drifted off a bit for a long awhile trying to decipher the real intent and who this 'God' they are  'thanking'
It certainly ain't the God I know,cuz the God i know, does not take kindly to the these Entertainers Do.
I guess it's to make them appear sincere and more 'down-to=earth' rather than pompous over-paid individuals..Perhaps!!

While we are on this subject...
I was not too impressed with the Oscar  award given to Hallie Berry for her role in that Move 'Monster Ball'
It angered me more to see her up there balling her eyes out,crying 'Blacks don't get awards'..while she got one for simulating sex in a movie????? ::) ::)
.. :grumpy:

I've never watched that 'monster Ball' and have no intention of watching it either!!!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Nat Turner-reincarnated

^^Well Put!!
Cuz I've often thought about that!

And kinda drifted off a bit for a long awhile trying to decipher the real intent and who this 'God' they are  'thanking'
It certainly ain't the God I know,cuz the God i know, does not take kindly to the these Entertainers Do.
I guess it's to make them appear sincere and more 'down-to=earth' rather than pompous over-paid individuals..Perhaps!!

While we are on this subject...
I was not too impressed with the Oscar  award given to Hallie Berry for her role in that Move 'Monster Ball'
It angered me more to see her up there balling her eyes out,crying 'Blacks don't get awards'..while she got one for simulating sex in a movie????? ::) ::)
.. :grumpy:

I've never watched that 'monster Ball' and have no intention of watching it either!!!
thats what it is-im glad some people aren't in a deep sleep and starting to pick up on these things. Yeah Hallie Berry sold out. I saw the movie and believe me it wasn't even that good. yes she fell to -ism's.  This society is a perverse society- very sick. And the people running this society-media/p/radio are hella sick in their heads. Same shit with Denzel Washington- I like training day and all good action movie but lets be real- IT WASNT HIS BEST AND THATS BY FAR!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:51:46 PM by Nat Turner-reincarnated »

Sikotic™

Halle can't act for shit.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

swangin and bangin

Halle can't act for shit.
but she look good trying  :heart:

Sikotic™

Cant argue with that.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Da818Pn0YgAnGztaA

• Lil Geezy
  • Ya d0 noT WaNt iT!!@@!
I ThAnK GOD FoR ThE FOoD ON MY PlAtE AnD MY MOM. My dAD LEfT WhEN I WAs A KId SO FUcK HIM

swangin and bangin

I ThAnK GOD FoR ThE FOoD ON MY PlAtE AnD MY MOM. My dAD LEfT WhEN I WAs A KId SO FUcK HIM
amen

OG Hack Wilson

god is a metaphore
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

god is a metaphore

well love is a battlefield..

The Best of 3 Worlds