Author Topic: More disturbing info about "Ego Trippin" (short news on Nas and Ice Cube too)  (Read 2404 times)

Elano

SOMEBODY LOCK THIS FUCKIN THREAD

Back on the picket line after the holiday break, and it feels like the first day back at school. People are happy to see each other. Everyone is refreshed and rejuvenated, and spirits are high, despite the fact that it’s 6AM and seems to be about 14 degrees outside.

It’s hard to believe that it’s already Day 64 of the strike. It’s been 31 days since the AMPTP walked out of the negotiations, and according to a widget at unitedhollywood.com, the AMPTP’s refusal to negotiate has already cost the LA economy over $665,000,000 dollars. Thanks, gloomy widget.

Every person that straggles in today is greeted with a resounding “Happy New Year” from the entire crowd. People cheer and those of us who thought ahead toast with our travel coffee mugs. The turnout is impressive. My friend calls me from the Fox picket line freaking out. “There’s like two hundred people here!”

Carrying the picket sign feels foreign to me. It’s like I have to teach myself how to walk in a circle for several hours all over again. In no time, however, I’m starting to feel like my old self. Ahhh… There’s that familiar back pain. Within fifteen minutes, I’ve got all my moves back. The “Good Morning Cars, Nice To See You”, the “Single-handed Twirl To Slightly Raise or Lower The Sign”, the “Sign-Shoulder Siesta”, the “Brother, Can I Get A Honk?”, and the advanced “Hey! Look At Me! It’s Like I’m Rowing A Boat!”

Around 7, a huge group of Warner Brothers security guards walk into the studio together. They greet us like old friends. People talk about what they did on their vacations, and several of them show off their new red shirts, red hats, red gloves, red jackets, and red scarves that they got from Santa (or from Hannukah Harry). I also got a really nice wool cap and scarf as a Christmas gift, but I’m an idiot, and I left them at home.

I wish I had more coffee. Not because I need more caffeine, but because I really want to be holding something warm. I wonder if there’s some way to replace the sticks on the picket signs with some sort of solar-powered heat sticks.

Just as the sun starts to rise, it gets noticeably colder. Someone claims that there’s a scientific explanation as to why this happens. It’s the same reason that it gets warmer just after the sun sets, and it sort of makes sense. We immediately nickname the striker “Mr. Wizard”, and marvel at the snow in the nearby mountains.

Somebody asks me if I’ve been growing a strike beard, and I realize that I haven’t shaved in two weeks. I tell him, “No. I’ve just been really fucking lazy.” I also tell him that I stopped trimming my nose hair when the strike began and that I’m not going to trim it until the producers give in to our demands. If this goes on long enough I should have a pretty nice nose-beard. Or is that nose-stache?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I don't care if snoop's singing on this project.  how r u guys not excited?  TEDDY RILEY?  what's not to love?

what's NOT to love is obvious...
since he's already added R&B/New jack swing king Teddy,wak pop ass pharell,why don't he add Vanilla Ice&Hammer?
Fuck it as long he put out some "Eastsidaz"&"Bones OST" type of albums in between his pop albums,I'm cool
:D well you know snoop, always trying to please both sides   ;)

Elano

F

R

E

E

P

O

S

T

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
i don't care if snoop's singing on this project.  how are you guys not excited?  quik, TEDDY RILEY, and terrace behind the boards?  what's not to love?
The album. Producers are not enough especially if Snoop will be doing that awful singing shit

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
i don't care if snoop's singing on this project.  how are you guys not excited?  quik, TEDDY RILEY, and terrace behind the boards?  what's not to love?
The album. Producers are not enough especially if Snoop will be doing that awful singing shit

Seriously...hip hop isnt supposed to be about the beats...the beats are supposed to come second. Now cats only care about who's producing, you could have a 2 year old on the mic for all they care.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
dope shit

DENS

• 'G'
When the eastsidaz get out from scene, snoop came with bullshit... But he go back with the last album and maybe Ego Trippin' is gonna be cool too. But nuthin' came like the Eastsidaz this dayz... This group was the G-Funk, better yet, his last breath.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
This album is turning out to be really gay.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qSS_DY_z-Dc&amp;rel=1&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qSS_DY_z-Dc&amp;rel=1&amp;autoplay=0</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
He can do whatever,like you said in one of the Bishop threads,
you don´t really look forward to reformation because that will probably be some pop bullshit. (if Pop Mobile is any indicator).
As long as he/they gives us some Caltroit (Snoop; eastsidaz/Bones OST) type of projects in between the pop bullshit I´m straight.

true; but with snoop, even with the so called "better" album, there is still too much bullshit on it. i mean, if he claims to go back to hits roots(these claims are a joke; it's cool to use your first album for motivation but don't lie) , then he shouldn't brake his promises. for bishop it's a little more difficult, but snoop doesn't have that label politics problem. i believe he's with geffen now, but he still has his own label.
sure, every snoop album at least has a few dope tracks(imo), but i think he should stop trying to please everybody; cause the results will always be the opposite of what he had in mind.
i also think he's too dependant on other people's coaching.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:49:42 PM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

He can do whatever,like you said in one of the Bishop threads,
you don´t really look forward to reformation because that will probably be some pop bullshit. (if Pop Mobile is any indicator).
As long as he/they gives us some Caltroit (Snoop; eastsidaz/Bones OST) type of projects in between the pop bullshit I´m straight.

true; but with snoop, even with the so called "better" album, there is still too much bullshit on it.
I mean, if he claims to go back to his roots (these claims are a joke; it's cool to use your first album for motivation but don't lie)
then he shouldn't brake his promises.

you shoul call him out on that  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For Bishop it's a little more difficult,but Snoop doesn't have that label politics problem.
I believe he's with geffen now, but he still has his own label.

Jimmy Iovine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Iovine
James Iovine, (born March 11, 1953, in Brooklyn, NY) is Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M

sure,every snoop album at least has a few dope tracks(imo),but I think he should stop trying to please everybody;
cause the results will always be the opposite of what he had in mind.

What Em has done is genious,creating alter ego´s for his differnt styles (I don´t listen his shit,but still...)
So should Snoop.
-Snoop DOGGY dogg = Gangster
-Snoop Dogg = POP
-Snoop = Hip Hop
-Calvin Broadus = Himself (whatever that is?  :laugh: :laugh:)
^^^or some shit like that ^^^^

I also think he's too dependant on other people's coaching.

....Yeah,but  :puke: Pharell  :monkey_piss: ?
Damn,I went to see Snoop a couple of years ago (How the west was won tour)....
He had like 3-4 hours set (people left during his LOOOOONNNNNGGGG set)  :laugh: :laugh:,
anyway he brought all kinds of cats on stage,RBX,Kurupt,Daz,Rage and Cypress Hill dropped by.... they was all there.
Then Snoop announced;
I like to welcome my BEST friend,mentor and coach to the stage....
EVERYBODY stood up,expecting Dre to do a suprise cameo..... who was the fuck that came out on stage?
Non other than wak ass :puke: Pharell  :monkey_piss:... EVERYBODY (at least I did  ;) :laugh:) sat down  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Jimmy Iovine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Iovine
James Iovine, (born March 11, 1953, in Brooklyn, NY) is Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M
edit: my bad chad. i saw on wiki that Doggystyle records is distributed through Geffen  :o , is that's true? damn, Jimmy has so much control, it's rediculous

What Em has done is genious,creating alter ego´s for his differnt styles (I don´t listen his shit,but still...)
So should Snoop.
-Snoop Dogg = POP
-Snoop = Hip Hop

lol, but snoop has so many characters, he can do a musical with all of them   :laugh:

....Yeah,but  :puke: Pharell  :monkey_piss: ?
Damn,I went to see Snoop a couple of years ago (How the west was won tour)....
He had like 3-4 hours set (people left during his LOOOOONNNNNGGGG set)  :laugh: :laugh:,
anyway he brought all kinds of cats on stage,RBX,Kurupt,Daz,Rage and Cypress Hill dropped by.... they was all there.
Then Snoop announced;
I like to welcome my BEST friend,mentor and coach to the stage....
EVERYBODY stood up,expecting Dre to do a suprise cameo..... who was the fuck that came out on stage?
Non other than wak ass :puke: Pharell  :monkey_piss:... EVERYBODY (at least I did  ;) :laugh:) sat down  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
no i was actually referring to Dre & The D.O.C. Pharrel is definitely not on that level ( the beat for Vato is dope though, but that’s an other story )  :laugh:
by the way, nice move at that concert  :D

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 03:10:31 AM by Dre-Day »

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor

I'll give it a listen, but Snoop has never been the dude that knows how to do an album.  He needs somebody constantly coaching him and telling him his shit is wack when it is.    

so true... He's  the prototype of a damn good rapper/entertainer, but everythin else  :-\

Chad Vader

So should Snoop.
-Snoop Dogg = POP
-Snoop = Hip Hop

lol, but snoop has so many characters, he can do a musical with all of them   :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: ,that´s actually a GREAT idea. Him playing all the parts...
I got to give Snoop that,he´s a CHARACTHER  :laugh: :laugh:

no i was actually referring to Dre & The D.O.C. Pharrel is definitely not on that level
(the beat for Vato is dope though, but that’s an other story )  :laugh:

But Snoop is trusting Pharells ears and words these days....  :P :-[ :-X :-\
The Vato beat is tight,the beat he did for N.O.R.E (what,what,what...) was tight too.
Other than that  :P :-[ :-X :-\  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
But Snoop is trusting Pharells ears and words these days....  :P :-[ :-X :-\
yeah that's fucked up. like i said, he needs other coaches  ;) otherwise he'll go ego trippin' (Big Snoop Dogg)  :D