Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Aims For The Stars: Madonna,Bono,Mick Jagger On His Collabo Wish List  (Read 923 times)

Fiyah

• Lil Geezy
As I always said, EVERY Snoop album is different. You never heard two Snoop solo records that sound the same. His worst album for me was "R&G" and even on this one I got a lot of tracks that please me, I even like the poppy songs like "Perfect" and "Signs" they are catchy and got a vibe, I'm not against Neptune's production. But the record as a whole is not my style, too many songs in between that disturb the vibe. And after that, he came in with TBCT and it was totally different, he did something for his "older" fans, the features are the shit, I mean Eiht, Fonzarelli, Kurupt, Westurn Union, Dre, Nate etc. and now he goes a more poppy route again. As long as the music creates a vibe to me I will appreciate it. "Sexual Eruption" is so hated in here, but I like it. But still, I want him to record the live-version with Snoopadelics, Quik and Cat, somebody tell him that. Whassup Nima?  ;)
The only thang I don't understand right now, is why he says "I do this whole record on my own" like 2563463945353678 times and then having features on it, that's wack. And then having Nelly on it, one of my most hated "rappers". Maybe he will destroy a possibly dope song for me. Pharrell and Charlie Wilson on one track is dope, I really felt "Perfect" and "Beautiful" but Nelly is gay, sorry  ;D
Just don't hate everyday all day on shit you didn't even heard. Just wait until shit drops (no homo) and then have an opinion. I hate that attitude to foredoom new shit and bein stuck in that G-Funk sound. If you wanna listen to G-Funk, then buy all the G-Funk records you haven't heard, there are so many from the 90's. But don't expect Snoop makin G-Funk or shit like that today. He didn't do it in the last 10 years, he won't do it now. If you can't accept that just don't listen to Snoop Dogg, period. He always had dope songs on his records, even on those that you call "wack", to me only "R&G" is somehow wack as a whole.

And btw "Da Game..." is way too underated. OK, I understand some people don't like No Limit sound but I like it. If you like the other No Limit shit from this era you must like this album. It's so funny to hear Snoop with those beats and features. I just feel entertained when I listen to it. I don't see it as a serious record like "Top Dogg" was.

So that's what I wanted to express right now.
Peace

real talk

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
he did the same thing with the last album

hyped it up with a few spots and then it turned to shit.... got Stevie Wonder and all that bullshit

BCT was THE WORST Snoop album.... only about 5 good songs.... the rest was fillers, I'm glad I never bought that crap

you trippin
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:27:27 AM by R1ZE »

Lazar

got Stevie Wonder and all that bullshit

::)

wcsoldier

^^^^ yeah lol .. I just don' know why some people don't like BCT at all .. that was easily the best Snoop album since the Last Meal .. I agree the  album was too long and there are 5-6 fillers though..

Nima - Dubcnn.com

whoa whoa whoa.. slow your roll now...

Lazar

.. that was easily the best Snoop album since the Last Meal .. I agree the  album was too long and there are 5-6 fillers though..

Co-sign

Lunatic

LMAO at hating on BCT and LMFAO at bein mad at stevie wonder on the LP. wonder is a musical genius and legend. I prefer BCT over last meal actually.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

HEC

I thought BCT was dope except for the usual fillers that Snoop seems to have on almost every album. I've always said if he cut those 4-6 fillers out and make a 12 to 13 track album Snoop would have more than one classic under his belt

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
BTC was wack. It sounds good at first but it has zero replay value. Not to metnion all the horrible westcaost futures he had. Bunch of has-beens.

SHAAD G

• 'G'
  • Tha Ace Of Diego!
i have a feeling this album is going to be shit.

CHUUUUUUUUUUCH TO THAT! 8)
"Why settle for 3 when I got the eyes of Edgerrin!
 Why tie I'd rather win.
 Line for Line I'm Better then Most!"-Mykestro

Lunatic

BTC was wack. It sounds good at first but it has zero replay value. Not to metnion all the horrible westcaost futures he had. Bunch of has-beens.
no way man. besides like 3-4 tracks u talkin bout (candy, like this, which 1 of u, dont stop im guessin are the 4) that shit was wack 2 u?

think about it
crazy
vato
thats that shit
get a light
gangbangin 101
boss life
10 lil crips
l.a.x
round here
a bitch i knew
imagine
conversations

u dont like those or a very good portion of those? :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
no way man. besides like 3-4 tracks u talkin bout (candy, like this, which 1 of u, dont stop im guessin are the 4) that shit was wack 2 u?

think about it
crazy
vato
thats that shit
get a light
gangbangin 101
boss life
10 lil crips
l.a.x
round here
a bitch i knew
imagine
conversations

All these, except L.A.X. are dope but nothing mind blowing. Add all the other weak track and you got yourself another generic Snoop Dogg album.

WestCoasta

I'm just sayin that he got a big name like Stevie Wonder and that song is fuckin terrible

so... nice waste of a Stevie Wonder spot, way to go

PLANT

I'm just sayin that he got a big name like Stevie Wonder and that song is fuckin terrible

so... nice waste of a Stevie Wonder spot, way to go
they made a pretty good, thought-provoking track that had good intentions.  What did you expect him to make some gangsta shit with Stevie Wonder? 

love33

lol @ snoop bein an "innovator"

the difference between snoop now and the o.g. snoop on death row is that snoop used to be the innovator and trendsetter...whatever he came out with, the hip-hop game (which was run by the west at the time) was lookin' at his everymove and trying to follow his example.

now, snoop is nothin more than a follower.  he ran to no limit when master p's label was hot, then he ran out and started workin with timbaland when he was on fire, then pharrell when he was on fire, then lil jon when he was screamin' "yeah," and then justin timberlake, then r kelly, etc.

i also like the fact that he wants to act like he's the leader of the westcoast and calls these so-called conferences where it's just all about him and his beefs, then when it comes time to put up, he puts little to no westcoast acts on his album...he would rather put mick jagger and elton john than sly boogy and bishop lamont.......take some notes from The Game in that you can do a pure westcoast record and move units ("The Doctor's Advocate").  if you the self-proclaimed west coast king snoop, but where are all the westcoast acts on your album?

the current trend in hip-hop now is the talk-box and reggae rap that akon and t-pain (konvict music) are riding hard in the mainstream.  you have copycats like sean kingston trying to be a reggae rapper and now you have snoopy doing a talkbox...hmm...would he be doin a talkbox track if t-pain wasn't eattin' off that and movin' units like hotcakes..

hell no!