Is He?

Yes
4 (22.2%)
No
13 (72.2%)
UnDecided
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Is Phil Jackson Over-Rated As A Coach?  (Read 1435 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Is Phil Jackson Over-Rated As A Coach?
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2008, 03:17:59 PM »
I thought Phil was one of the greatest Coaches when he was with Chicago. Him winning three more with the Lakers was icing on the cake. Winning 6 titles in 8 years is nuts.

whether or not he's great really has nothing to do with whether or not he is overrated though. I dont seem to recall too many Laker fans riding his nuts as the greatest coach of all time though, until he came to the Lakers. Hmmm...guess thats kind of the same way they hung off of Shaqs while he was a Laker, then changed their tune once he left.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Doggystylin

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2008, 03:20:31 PM »
I thought Phil was one of the greatest Coaches when he was with Chicago. Him winning three more with the Lakers was icing on the cake. Winning 6 titles in 8 years is nuts.

whether or not he's great really has nothing to do with whether or not he is overrated though. I dont seem to recall too many Laker fans riding his nuts as the greatest coach of all time though, until he came to the Lakers. Hmmm...guess thats kind of the same way they hung off of Shaqs while he was a Laker, then changed their tune once he left.

all within reason though. Shaq starting playing like shit when he left. Phil won 3 more rings with us.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2008, 03:35:30 PM »

That's an assumption on your part tho, probably based on whatever Laker fans you were exposed to 8 years ago when Phil came aboard. I for one thought he was a great coach with The Bulls. Was I cheering for him then? Of course not. I never cheer the competition. Respect? Sure. I know other Laker fans who did too.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

SGV

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »
Jookin

Oh of course none of these Laker Fan Boys would be saying Phil was great when he was with Chicago. They probably hated him and thought Pat Riley (Who they probably hate now) was the best! Or maybe even Dunleavy or Del Harris (LOL).

Phil with the Bulls >>>> Phil with the Lakers

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2008, 03:48:30 PM »
I couldn't stand Dunleavy or Harris... or Rambis even though he was a hustler as a player. I respected Rudy T. but wasn't sure if he was a good fit. Riley is a class act... Anybody hating on him is ridiculous. I don't cheer him like I did when he was a Laker, but I don't feel as though I am expected to.   
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:50:05 PM by Styles1 »
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2008, 09:37:02 PM »

from 1958-59 to 65-66 Red won it every year.  8 titles in 8 years.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2008, 11:37:28 PM »
Phil > *Insert Coach Name*

end of.

so the Lakers lack of success the last few years is whos fault? Kobes or Phils?

neither, its the supporting cast

LOL!! gotta love it.

Phils genius and Kobe's great play is responsible for all the victories....but the supporting cast is responsible for the losses. Way to hold your superstar and the COACH responsible. Now THAT is what you call leadership lol
hahaha man i wish i could +1 you for that too but it wont let me

you cant have the best coach AND player and lose in the first round.

Really? You think Jordan woulda won rings leading the past 2 Laker squads? LMAO. You Laker haters need help.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2008, 11:39:19 PM »

And then when he left, Bill Russell took over as head coach and kept winning. LOL.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2008, 10:49:59 PM »

And then when he left, Bill Russell took over as head coach and kept winning. LOL.

bill wash - george seifert

LOL?  ::)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »
okay?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2008, 02:43:22 PM »
do you not follow football at all?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »
we're talking basketball here, hack. LOL

swangin and bangin

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this dude was so confused

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2008, 03:59:58 PM »
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this dude was so confused

yeah, i guess he doesn't know anything outside of basketball

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2008, 04:05:13 PM »
I don't follow football, though I watch it occasionally. I'm sure it has something to do with Bill Walsh handing the 49ers over to that other dude, but stick to the topic.