Author Topic: Joakim Noah benched by own teammates  (Read 613 times)

WestCoasta

Joakim Noah benched by own teammates
« on: January 14, 2008, 01:08:35 AM »
I saw this on yahoo.com and thought it was funny

ATLANTA (AP) -- Chicago Bulls rookie Joakim Noah was benched for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Hawks -- by his teammates.

They delivered a unanimous vote after the rookie from Florida was involved in a confrontation with assistant coach Ron Adams in practice before Friday's game at Philadelphia.

Noah was inactive for the Philadelphia game for internal disciplinary reasons, but the players told interim coach Jim Boylan one game was not enough.

"We have a chance to salvage this season and we just need everybody on the page," said Bulls veteran guard Adrian Griffin. "It's one of those things that I believe is going to bring us closer.

"Everyone on this team knows what Joakim can do and we just look forward to getting him back on the court."

A subdued Noah, who is averaging 4.2 points and 3.1 rebounds in 12.3 minutes, sat at his locker before Sunday's game.

"They just told me what I did was unacceptable and I'm just going to move on from here," Noah said. "I've just got to accept it. What do you want me to say? I've just got to move on. There's nothing I can do about it."

When asked if he believes the two-game suspension is too severe, Noah said "Ask the players who made the decision. I don't know. ... Do I agree with it? It doesn't make a difference. I respect my teammates."

Boylan, promoted to head coach on Dec. 27 after Scott Skiles was fired, said the suspension resulted from more than one incident.

Boylan called Noah "a great kid," but noted he's been involved in "a couple of situations where he's been late or not doing what the Chicago Bulls do. So the cumulative aspect of this is definitely part of the reasoning for the players doing what they did."

"This isn't college anymore," Boylan said. "It's the NBA. This is professional sports."

He said the team felt Noah needed to sit another game.

"They felt it deserved more," Boylan said. "It was the entire team that felt that way, so I back my team and the decision that they made, and appreciate the leadership that they've shown."

Atlanta rookie Al Horford, who played with Noah at Florida, called the ninth pick in the draft "very emotional" and "very competitive."

"I just feel it's a learning experience for everyone in general," Horford said. "If you cross a line in something like that, there's consequences to it. ... He wants to win really bad. I think people will figure him out as time goes on."

wcsoldier

Re: Joakim Noah benched by own teammates
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 01:20:32 AM »
Noah can eat a dick ... somebody should remind him he is somebody only thanks to his dad name

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 07:19:40 AM »
 his grandfather Zacharie Noah was a Cameroonian football (socce r) player
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:58:57 AM »
I don't see him as a Bull for next season, But I'm not even sure if he's on the block's or not? (Just talking outta my ...)
But Noah is the type of player who can help just by being on the floor, 'cause of his passion to win.
I agree on the benching tho, Shit a rookie is still a Rookie and he need's to know his Role.

But IMO the Bulls are a sinking ship in need of personal change, I could be wrong..
beacause as a basketball fan I hate to see Big Market City's like Chicago & NY have losing Teams.

I'd much rather be watching the Knick's or Bulls in a Playoff situation than a couple of other teams which shall remain nameless..

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »
i knew he would be a SHITTY nba player

remember him at the draft?? what a fag
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »
I don't know why the drafted him anyway when they already have Tyrus Thomas.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 11:38:48 AM »
^^now you got an underachiever and an overachiever...I guess they figured that they would balance each other out. LOL.

Noah is weaksauce, though. The team wouldn't want him benched if he was an integral part of the roster...that said, what a bunch of punks... :-X

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »

because he was the bpa when they picked. that said, fuck joakim noah.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »
joe smith is killin it right now. noah will stay on that bench 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »

We needed more size, something we had before we traded Curry and Chandler but that is another fucking story.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 02:00:13 AM »

We needed more size, something we had before we traded Curry and Chandler but that is another fucking story.

Jim (Jon?) Paxson should have made the KG deal happen when it was on the table. It wasn't Scott Skiles fault the job wasn't getting done. It was Paxson's fault for not putting the right pieces in place. What they have now is a situation similar to, though not nearly as extreme as the Knicks. A bunch of mismatched players with skill sets and physical attributes that do not mesh or compliment each other. Moving Chandler and signing Ben Wallace was the beginning of the end (again) for the Bulls. The Bulls still have several very nice pieces and still have a shot at building a legitimate team if the right moves are made to put the right guys in place. Too bad they don't have a good coach anymore though, but thats another story. If they don't fix that mess soon, you're going to have a GM just like Ainge, scrambling to make something happen to save his job and trading away the future for a chance at instant success.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 09:14:58 AM »

...  ;D

Bulls made some very horrible moves. They had all those high ass draft picks during the last years. Got some pretty good players, traded them away for scrubs, signed a declining Ben Wallace while making him the most overpaid nigga in the process... then have Pippen calling their backcourt midgets... oh boy... my condolences.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 09:25:26 AM »
Bulls still have not understood they need to make a move for a big who can score down low .. inside-outside game brings championship.. plain and simple

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »
LOL@ Noah  ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds