Author Topic: The NBA's Power Rankings  (Read 1190 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: The NBA's Power Rankings
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 09:02:46 AM »
Oh okay I get it! Playing better than the rest of the teams in the conference = fluke. Gotcha.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 09:29:20 AM »
Both teams are playing better than they have the past few years. Laker fans are happy right now because nobody expected the team to be playing so well - but everything they have done so far has been through hard work and some of the younger players finally maturing.

For me to deny what the Celts are doing this year, would be pure haterism, because they are having a great season so far. They are one injury away from plummeting just like every team is. It's a long season that isn't even half done yet. Nobody here is a prophet so who knows what the hell is going to happen from here to June.

I say let fans be fans. If they want to be happy about their team and whatever successes, then let em'. I do give a little tease when the Celts lose but it's all in fun. It's not like I am saying "Fuck the Celts and fuck Hack Wilson!" It will be a cold day in hell that I cheer for them though.  8)

Back to the Lakers, I'm happy for them. I had low expectations coming in to this season, so to see them near the top for the past few weeks and on top right now is a cool joy....   
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

wcsoldier

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 09:40:20 AM »
Both teams are playing better than they have the past few years. Laker fans are happy right now because nobody expected the team to be playing so well - but everything they have done so far has been through hard work and some of the younger players finally maturing.

For me to deny what the Celts are doing this year, would be pure haterism, because they are having a great season so far. They are one injury away from plummeting just like every team is. It's a long season that isn't even half done yet. Nobody here is a prophet so who knows what the hell is going to happen from here to June.

I say let fans be fans. If they want to be happy about their team and whatever successes, then let em'. I do give a little tease when the Celts lose but it's all in fun. It's not like I am saying "Fuck the Celts and fuck Hack Wilson!" It will be a cold day in hell that I cheer for them though.  8)

Back to the Lakers, I'm happy for them. I had low expectations coming in to this season, so to see them near the top for the past few weeks and on top right now is a cool joy....   
word ... these free hate posts not backed by any arguments are played out and boring .. anyways the sport section is becoming shitty AGAIN ... I am going to take a break from here AGAIN ...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »
Kobe>Shaq
cmon nobody really thinks Shaq was more important to the Lakers..Kobe was the man when it mattered any Fan could see that...

LOL and what happened when Shaq leaves and Lamar Odom and Caron Butler come in?

and what happened when Shaq goes to a Heat team that just traded two of it's better players for him?

shaq's career is done now but he still had something left in the tank for 2 and a half years

Sorry, but Shaq's supporting cast in Miami was way more built to win than Kobe's youth group after Shaq left. Like I've said many times, Shaq was not even the man in Miami's title run. Kobe not only has been the man in LA for the last 3 years, but he's also been the only all-star on the squad...PeACe

Shaq was ALWAYS the man wherever he went

penny, kobe and wade = his sidekicks

LMAO..Is that why Shaq would sit his ass on the bench while Kobe would close out the games with his huge 4th quarters? Is that why Shaq's relevance in Miami's title run was nowhere near Wade's? Come on, now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »
the lakers are only at the top right now on a fluke and yall are about to plummet down the conference. stop actin like they are top conference mainstays just cuz they are the number 1 team in the west for like 3 days in the middle of january. that dont mean shiet. last year they were only a few games behind their current record and we all know how that turned out - you guys are nothin more than a glorified early playoff exit and early season "success" that gets groupies like you all excited for nothing. the lakers aint in the same breath as the celtics SEASON wise u slow muthafuca. who cares about weekly shiet. nicca go make another thread about some bullshiet like luke walton being named 8th man of the last 3 days in the pacific division or some other stupid stat/internet award. all that "if" shiet is stupid too. if this and if that, nicca save that shiet for your video games or something. heres a newsflash, "if's" dont mean shiet, numbers and playoff series wins do. and we all know these wac kobe led lakers have neither. since u like ifs, heres another for you. IF the lakers were actually anything beyond an average team they would have more to show in the nba in the last 4 years than just kids like you hypin them on sports forums and makin up every excuse in the world to cover that they are average.

A fluke, you dumb mutherfucker? We played all the top teams in the league...how is it a fluke? Dumbshit, the Lakers have been progressing every year for these past 3 years. You expected them to win a title as soon as Shaq left? How retarded can one guy be?

I tell ya 'bout these haters, boy. :stupid:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »
lol check the date on that homie

it wont ever be saying april lol

thank you for the future insight Ms. Cleo...  :)

31-7  now THATS a first place team

11-0 against the pussies in the west
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »

LOL... pray hard that the other shoe doesn't drop from here to June. :)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »
Lakers>Celtics...Anyone heard? Boston is still tryna sign or trade for a point guard. LOL.

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »
Celtics are on fire right now, but i think they gonna fuck up in the playoffs  ;)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »

my correction, 31-6
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »

my correction, 31-6

all good... I figured that maybe you were counting on them losing their next game. :)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »

my correction, 31-6

all good... I figured that maybe you were counting on them losing their next game. :)

im in Football mood right now with the G-men   31-7 is a football score

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2008, 01:34:21 PM »
these laker fans is bacwards as fuc. you got one team thats 31-7 and dominates the league and even the laker fans obsession - online web rankings, and they still try to clown boston. so what if them niccas is tryin to look for a point guard, that just proves that a team with no point guard is ten times better than your wac ass lakers team with one. and to the other nicca sayin i got no arguments, you must not read. you stupid cuz.
the facts is the lakers had damn near the same record at this time last year and choked, the facts is they aint won jac shiet since shaq left, they cant win playoff series and they have a history of playin average WHEN IT COUNTS. maybe yo blind groupie ass cant accept the shit cuz you ride they dic so hard, but any regular unbiased fan or nba expert can see it. until that average ass team actually wins something when it counts, they a bunch of unproven fucs as a team. you niccas is riding on some fairy tale desperate hope shiet, not on history of winning in the last 4 years or results. you niccas is just wishin for them to be good and postin gay lil online rankings as proof of them being a contender. your whole argument is based on january win loss records and your blind belief in your average team. the lakers is number 1 for 3 days and by barely like 1 game ahead and u act like you gonna win a championship. these free groupie posts from you niccas bacced wit no argument but january records is played out and boring. go get a box of tissue and cry and hide cuz you think this section is just too harsh, nobody like no soft ass niccas anyway.
as for that fat nicca tryin to be all dr phil wit his shiet, get offline and go joggin or something nicca. yeah aint nobody no prophet on here but niccas can make educated guesses based on performances and history, and your team is having a good january just like last year and thats it so far. thats why its safe to say the same shiet will happen, cuz yall always fit into that role. be happy all u want fatboy but the facts is them niccas aint got no real solid chance to do shiet yet. so until this wac team ever does anything besides have good januarys, you will be known as a whole lot of talk and no wins. dont take a prophet to see that shiet.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2008, 01:52:05 PM »
LMAO.... I love it when people get so riled up at discussions that they have to start calling people names. It's insecurity at its finest..

But back to the discussion. If history is to always be used to gauge how a team will do, could you have said that the 2000 Lakers were going to choke because they lost to San Antonio in 1999? You could have but you would have been wrong, because history doesn't always repeat itself and the truth is nobody knows how the rest of the season will pan out. So yes, you can have an "educated" guess but it still remains a guess.

Will the Lakers finish the rest of the season strong? I don't know, but I know they have a better chance now since their young players are showing more maturity than last year.   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:59:04 PM by Styles1 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2008, 02:05:23 PM »
LMAO.... I love it when people get so riled up at discussions that they have to start calling people names. It's insecurity at its finest..

But back to the discussion. If history is to always be used to gauge how a team will do, could you have said that the 2000 Lakers were going to choke because they lost to San Antonio in 1999? You could have but you would have been wrong, because history doesn't always repeat itself and the truth is nobody knows how the rest of the season will pan out. So yes, you can have an "educated" guess but it still remains a guess.

Will the Lakers finish the rest of the season strong? I don't know, but I know they have a better chance now since their young players are showing more maturity than last year.   

This nicca is a clown...pay him no mind. He's probably a bitter Sacremento Queen fan or something. His best argument is that we were 26-13 in January of last season, before the whole team got injured...LOL.