Author Topic: R.I.P. Brad Renfro (Apt Pupil, Sleepers, Bully, 10th & Wolf)  (Read 230 times)

SGV

R.I.P. Brad Renfro (Apt Pupil, Sleepers, Bully, 10th & Wolf)
« on: January 15, 2008, 05:48:31 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080116/ap_on_en_mo/obit_renfro

16 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Brad Renfro, the young actor whose film career began at age 12 with "The Client" before dissolving as he struggled with drug and alcohol problems, has died. He was 25. His body was found in his Los Angeles home early Tuesday, his lawyer Richard Kaplan said. The cause of death was not immediately known.

ADVERTISEMENT

Renfro served 10 days in jail in May 2006 after pleading no contest to driving while intoxicated and pleading guilty to attempted possession of heroin.

He starred opposite Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones in "The Client." His other credits include "Ghost World" and "The Jacket."

Crazy. Dude was dope. Drugs and Alcohol are a muthafucka... R.I.P.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: R.I.P. Brad Renfro (Apt Pupil, Sleepers, Bully, 10th & Wolf)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »
I saw that on TMZ earlier....

RIP.... The Client was a dope movie.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Elano

Re: R.I.P. Brad Renfro (Apt Pupil, Sleepers, Bully, 10th & Wolf)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 11:59:32 PM »

Brad Renfro, an actor best known for his roles in the movies "The Client" and "Ghost World," was found dead Tuesday, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

He was 25.

Renfro's body was found in his Wilshire-area home in the 1000 block of South Ogden Drive by his girlfriend, authorities said.

Renfro, who had a history of drug abuse, was declared dead by paramedics at 9 a.m., according to coroner's spokesman Ed Winter.

The cause of death had yet to be determined, he said.

"There is no suspicion of foul play," LAPD Lt. David Evans said.

Renfro, a native of Tennessee, began acting in skits for the anti-drug group DARE at his school.

He got his big break when producers of "The Client" -- the adaptation of the John Grisham novel -- conducted a national search to find a fresh face to play the lead role of a boy who encounters danger after he overhears a conversation about a murder.

Renfro appeared opposite Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones in that 1994 movie.

In 1998, Renfro won the lead role opposite Ian McKellen in "Apt Pupil."

He appeared as a convenience store clerk with Scarlett Johansson and Steve Buscemi in 2001's "Ghost World."

Despite the promising start to his acting career, Renfro was known for his legal troubles.

In the late 1990s he was arrested for trying to steal a yacht in Florida.

In December 2005, he was picked up by LAPD officers during an undercover drug sweep of downtown's skid row.

The LAPD had taken a Times reporter and photographer along during the sweep, and a photo showing Renfro being arrested by two officers was featured on the paper's front page.

Renfro told a detective who arrested him that he was using heroin and methadone.

He ultimately went into a drug rehabilitation program and pleaded guilty to the attempted possession of heroin.

Renfro was sentenced to three years' probation.