Author Topic: I predict a RIOT tonight in Wien.....  (Read 93 times)

Elano

I predict a RIOT tonight in Wien.....
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:47:37 AM »
turkey vs croatia could be a bloodbath in the streets of wien  :-X

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I predict a RIOT tonight in Wien.....
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:15:51 PM »
Wien (AP) Nach dem EM-Viertelfinalspiel zwischen Kroatien und der Türkei in Wien ist es in der Nacht zum Samstag in der österreichischen Hauptstadt zu schweren Ausschreitungen gekommen. Die Polizei nahm mindestens elf Personen fest, wie die Nachrichtenagentur APA meldete. Mehr als ein Dutzend Menschen wurden nach Angaben der Polizei und von Sanitätern verletzt.

Die rivalisierenden Fans bewarfen sich mit Flaschen, auch Pflastersteine flogen. Polizisten wurden ebenfalls mit Flaschen und Feuerwerkskörpern beworfen.

Die Türkei hatte am Freitagabend Kroatien nach Elfmeterschießen mit 4:2 besiegt. Die türkische Mannschaft ist damit Halbfinalgegner der deutschen Mannschaft am kommenden Mittwoch in Basel.

You weren't too far off. Niggas threw bottles and bricks at each other and at the police and shit. We need some NATO soldiers in Germany ASAP.  :)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elano

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 09:25:08 AM »
MOSTAR, Bosnia, June 20 (Reuters) - Dozens of people were admitted to hospital late on Friday after Bosnian Muslim and Bosnian Croat soccer fans clashed following Turkey’s defeat of Croatia in their Euro 2008 quarter-final, officials said.

Around 1,000 police, including special forces, cordoned off the town centre and used teargas to separate the rival fans, who hurled rocks and bottles at each other.

Gunshots and car alarms could be heard as fans attacked cars and smashed nearby shop windows.

Many Bosnian Muslims back Turkey in international competitions for historical and cultural reasons that date back to the five centuries of Ottoman rule in the Balkans, while Croats regard the Croatian national team as their own.

“Dozens of people were admitted to hospital, including four police officers of whome one with serious injuries,” a local doctor told Reuters.

Mostar has a history of soccer-related violence. The southern Bosnian city has roughly an equal number of Croats and Muslims, who were enemies during a 1993-94 conflict but later became allies against Bosnian Serbs.

Mostar’s rival soccer fans last had a major clash in 2006, after the town’s Muslims supported Brazil in a World Cup match that saw the Croats lose 1-0.

One boy was shot and seriously wounded and six policemen were injured when they used tear gas to separate fans who were hurling rocks and bottles at each other.

In 1998 a woman was killed by a stray bullet during celebrations of Croatia’s World Cup quarter final victory. (Reporting by Tina Jelin; Writing by Maja Zuvela; Editing by Jon Boyle)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:28:29 AM by Elano »

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 09:58:16 AM »
It wasn´t THAT bad. 12 arrests is ok with that many people.

Overall it was peaceful as far as I experienced.