Poll

Dr Dre vs Puff Daddy who has contributed to hip hop the most

Dr Dre
50 (90.9%)
Puff daddy
5 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Dr Dre vs Puff Daddy who has contributed to hip hop the most  (Read 753 times)

Mygla

Re: Dr Dre vs Puff Daddy who has contributed to hip hop the most
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 06:46:28 PM »
In Rap I will say Dr.Dre, no doubt Dr.Dre did alot for Rap...but as far as hiphop goes, I'll give it to Puff, must of yall will disagree since its a west coast forum and full of Dr.Dre groupies, but on the real outside Rap what did Andre Young Do?, he failed with the RNB records he put out, and he was only good with Rap.. while with Puffy he was universal...of course like the homie said no Dr.Dre . no NWA, no Death Row and No Aftermath...but what about Puff? no Puff, no Mary J, No Jodeci, and if u think about it No Jodeci...no timbaland & Missy and the list goes on..

I really don't see the connection between the claim and the arguments... (bold parts)

Many people from the MTV/BET generation seem to think that r&b is hiphop... well it isn't. Not accusing you of anything, because you seem like a bright fella most of the time. But I strongly disagree with your statement.

*edit*
Thus, Dre obviously gets my vote. Since it's hiphop we're talking here... but as R-Tistic points out in the post above me, if we're talking the entertainment world on a more general basis, Puffy gets it.

to me R&B & Rap are 2 Genre in the Hiphop Unbrella..so yes to me Dr.Dre did alot for RAP...he basically the Quincy Jones OF RAP, To Me Puffy is responsible for alot of acts success wich inspired others to be successful today and its in Hiphop In General, and he is a really good executive producer he was able to produce albums outside his own label and they were all successful, and Marketing wise Puffy had it on him also, even with the remixes in Rap & R&B. of Course there was the sampling issue, but atleast Puffy was doing it right, u cant tell that all the songs he sampled sucks because it was done right. to me when i hear Puff Daddy I hear Hiphop Mogol.. when I Hear Dr.Dre I hear Rap Legend..wich is 2 different things...

When I hear Puff Daddy, I hear entertainment mogul.. When I hear Dr. Dre I hear hiphop legend ;)

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 07:39:25 PM »
In Rap I will say Dr.Dre, no doubt Dr.Dre did alot for Rap...but as far as hiphop goes, I'll give it to Puff, must of yall will disagree since its a west coast forum and full of Dr.Dre groupies, but on the real outside Rap what did Andre Young Do?, he failed with the RNB records he put out, and he was only good with Rap.. while with Puffy he was universal...of course like the homie said no Dr.Dre . no NWA, no Death Row and No Aftermath...but what about Puff? no Puff, no Mary J, No Jodeci, and if u think about it No Jodeci...no timbaland & Missy and the list goes on..

I really don't see the connection between the claim and the arguments... (bold parts)

Many people from the MTV/BET generation seem to think that r&b is hiphop... well it isn't. Not accusing you of anything, because you seem like a bright fella most of the time. But I strongly disagree with your statement.

*edit*
Thus, Dre obviously gets my vote. Since it's hiphop we're talking here... but as R-Tistic points out in the post above me, if we're talking the entertainment world on a more general basis, Puffy gets it.

to me R&B & Rap are 2 Genre in the Hiphop Unbrella..so yes to me Dr.Dre did alot for RAP...he basically the Quincy Jones OF RAP, To Me Puffy is responsible for alot of acts success wich inspired others to be successful today and its in Hiphop In General, and he is a really good executive producer he was able to produce albums outside his own label and they were all successful, and Marketing wise Puffy had it on him also, even with the remixes in Rap & R&B. of Course there was the sampling issue, but atleast Puffy was doing it right, u cant tell that all the songs he sampled sucks because it was done right. to me when i hear Puff Daddy I hear Hiphop Mogol.. when I Hear Dr.Dre I hear Rap Legend..wich is 2 different things...

When I hear Puff Daddy, I hear entertainment mogul.. When I hear Dr. Dre I hear hiphop legend ;)

no doubt Puffy got the better cologne though thats about it 8)

Sparegeez

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »
Is this even fair? It's a West Coast forum who do you think people are gonna choose? Dre of course, I'd choose him too though ;D

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »
Is this even fair? It's a West Coast forum who do you think people are gonna choose? Dre of course, I'd choose him too though ;D

i posted a heads up in outbound section still.

wcsoldier

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 12:02:22 AM »
Well Diddy has sure contributed to hip hop : he's the biggest reason why hip hop has turned pop

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2008, 02:15:44 AM »
Is this a real fuckin qwursion, fuckkkkkk, oviousklt doc dree u gofs!!!!

MediumL

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2008, 05:12:08 AM »
Lmao RnB is not part of hip hop (this just shows the sad state hip hop is in that people are confusing the two)! Puffy may have done more for RnB than Dre, but in terms of hip hop Puffy hasnt done that much outside of Bad Boy. Dres put Eminem, 50, Snoop etc in the limelight and he's done more hip hop production. Puffys a good mixer but not that imaginative with his production and hasn't put out many classics, bar Biggies two.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

G iC3

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2008, 05:52:29 AM »
Gotta say Dre, cuz where wuz Puff when Dre started thiz shit!
G'z Up, Ho'z Down....& If Tha B!TCH Can't Swimm Than Tha B!TCH Iz Bound 2 Drizzown!

The Purple Champ

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 06:16:47 PM »
puffy.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2008, 12:01:39 PM »
HOlmes 1

Hercy 0

8)

Quadruple OG

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »
Puffy said in an MTV interview back in the mid 90's, when talking about a brewing East-West beef that if there was no Death Row, there'd be no Bad Boy Records.  Dre helped birth a genre.  Close thread.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
Puffy said in an MTV interview back in the mid 90's, when talking about a brewing East-West beef that if there was no Death Row, there'd be no Bad Boy Records.  Dre helped birth a genre.  Close thread.

he oculd of said Nwa but ill take Death row

good point

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »
YOu lost Hercy  8)

MediumL

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »

Biggie wrote Ready 2 Die to the Chronic, CLOSE THREAD.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>