Author Topic: Pau Gasol traded to the Lakers  (Read 1020 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Pau Gasol traded to the Lakers
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2008, 10:13:15 PM »
i just realized, memphis pulled a Keven McHale....

Wrong...McHale is friends with Ainge. Memphis wanted to free up cap space and got a damn good guard prospect and draft picks while they were at it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2008, 11:24:19 PM »
This trade ruined my weekend.. I don't have to explain myself at all. Fuck this.

So you're not going to say congratulations?

Say that to me in person and my pale fist will smash your teeth out. Fact, nigga. Fuck this trade. It's just no fair. The Lakers always get privileges.

C'mon guy show some class. Congratulate us...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2008, 02:46:57 PM »
^Thanks to Kobe. 8)
Uh... No. Using your MLE to sign a veteran is not something revolutionary to GM's. Kupchak has done it before with McKie. It just worked out well this time. I'll give Bryant credit for the Ariza trade, because he did cause the front office to look for opportunities. The Lakers weren't even looking for Gasol until Bynum went down. http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers3feb03,0,160150.story So if Bynum never got injured, the Lakes would have looked for a trade. I've got to give the most props to Kupchak.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2008, 07:49:53 PM »
^Thanks to Kobe. 8)
Uh... No. Using your MLE to sign a veteran is not something revolutionary to GM's. Kupchak has done it before with McKie. It just worked out well this time. I'll give Bryant credit for the Ariza trade, because he did cause the front office to look for opportunities. The Lakers weren't even looking for Gasol until Bynum went down. http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers3feb03,0,160150.story So if Bynum never got injured, the Lakes would have looked for a trade. I've got to give the most props to Kupchak.

Wrong...Kupchak said the talks for Gasol have been going on since the Summer...He just pushed harder for it when Bynum went down, which is something he's not known for doing...Just give Kobe credit for pushing our management and getting Kupchak off his ass. Also, nothing happened to "work out". Everyone, besides you, knew that the Fisher signing was great for the Lakers right off the bat...The signings of McKie and Radmanovic, on the other hand, were two heavily criticized moves when they took place. Fisher provided veteran leadership and proved to be on top of his game in the playoffs with Utah, so it was a different story. I can't see our season going the same this year if it weren't for Kobe's motivation...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »
This trade ruined my weekend.. I don't have to explain myself at all. Fuck this.
damn lol...you hate the Lakers that bad?

It's not all about that, I admit that I'd rather see Garnett getting a ring (over Kobe) and that I rather see the Hornets getting a championship (over the Lakers) - it's not one-sided "hate" towards the Lakers though, what it basically comes down to is that I want the Mavs to succeed, and the harder the competition, the lesser the chances of success. I hated it when Iverson got traded to the Nuggets, cause that trade produced another potential contender in the west. Luckily they still kinda suck, so it's not that big of an issue. With the Lakers though, they were pretty good already when Bynum was healthy (heck, even now they keep winning games) so I predict a big problem for the Mavs then the Lakers are at 100%. With that said, I of course rather have the Celtics to dominate the league than I like the Lakers to do that, but to blame my disgust for this trade entirely on hating the Lakers is very simplifying.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2008, 09:39:05 PM »
damn lol...you hate the Lakers that bad?

It's not all about that, I admit that I'd rather see Garnett getting a ring (over Kobe) and that I rather see the Hornets getting a championship (over the Lakers) - it's not one-sided "hate" towards the Lakers though, what it basically comes down to is that I want the Mavs to succeed, and the harder the competition, the lesser the chances of success. I hated it when Iverson got traded to the Nuggets, cause that trade produced another potential contender in the west. Luckily they still kinda suck, so it's not that big of an issue. With the Lakers though, they were pretty good already when Bynum was healthy (heck, even now they keep winning games) so I predict a big problem for the Mavs then the Lakers are at 100%. With that said, I of course rather have the Celtics to dominate the league than I like the Lakers to do that, but to blame my disgust for this trade entirely on hating the Lakers is very simplifying.
word,I see you. I feel the same way about the idea of Kidd goin to Dallas. Dude is one of my all-time favorite players and id like to see him win a ring but being a Laker fan id hate to see him come west.

Sparegeez

« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2008, 09:41:01 PM »
Could someone tell me what will happen to the rotation once Bynum gets back.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2008, 10:12:52 PM »
Could someone tell me what will happen to the rotation once Bynum gets back.

Bynum=Center
Gasol=Power Forward

What happens is that we have twin towers... two of the best 7 footers in the league in the same starting line-up, as well as the best frontcourt in the league, by far. Pure domination. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2008, 10:44:04 PM »
C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Lamar Odom
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Derek Fisher

NBA beware. 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2008, 12:06:27 AM »
C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Lamar Odom
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Derek Fisher

NBA beware. 8)

Andrew Bynum / DJ Mebenga / Chris Mihm
Pau Gasol / Ronny Turiaf / Vladimir Radmanovic
Lamar Odom / Trevor Ariza / Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant / Sasha Vujacic / Coby Karl
Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar

DEEP!

Most importantly, no more out of position nights. No more Turiaf at C. No more Kobe at SF.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2008, 12:27:02 AM »
The Lakers better win the fuckin championship now.  Giving away Crit + 2 first rounders?  I don't know about all that.  The Lakers will be tough, but I think they were going to be legit w/ just Kobe and Bynum and a good pg like farmar. 

I don't think this move was necessary, and I think they gave up too much.

Finally, some respect for J-Critt...While I think it's a stretch to say the Lakers gave up too much, the deal isn't as lopsided as people are making it out to be. J-Critt definitely has a great future, but first round picks don't mean much when you're a team that builds for the now. Gasol is an amazing player and this move will only inspire him to play even better. Lakers are now unquestionably elite contenders at the top of the west...PeACe

I kind of agree. I think this trade works out best for both teams. The Lakers are definetely in a win now mentality. Kobe's in his prime and they should do everything they can to push for a title sometime in the next few years. Memphis is NOT in a win now mentality lol So why not go for some younger players and draft picks. Gasol was being wasted there.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »
C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Lamar Odom
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Derek Fisher

NBA beware. 8)

Andrew Bynum / DJ Mebenga / Chris Mihm
Pau Gasol / Ronny Turiaf / Vladimir Radmanovic
Lamar Odom / Trevor Ariza / Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant / Sasha Vujacic / Coby Karl
Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar

DEEP!

Most importantly, no more out of position nights. No more Turiaf at C. No more Kobe at SF.

Damn...we're almost too deep.

C Ronny Turiaf
PF Vladimir Radmanovic
SF Luke Walton
SG Trevor Ariza
PG Jordan Farmar

Pretty much our whole bench consists of starting quality dudes.