Author Topic: Informant Files Lawsuit  (Read 57 times)

Hambone (Guest)

Informant Files Lawsuit
« on: June 08, 2001, 12:58:38 AM »
An informant is suing the LAPD, Rolling Stone and The New Yorker magazine for breaching confidentiality agreements he had signed with the LAPD. The informant, Kevin Raymond Hackie, told investigators about a link between police officers and Death Row CEO, Suge Knight. Hackie provided information to reporters who were writing about the biggest police corruption scandal in history, LAPD's Rampart division scandal.

Hackie was a Compton police officer who also worked as a bodyguard for Death Row Records founder Marion ``Suge'' Knight and artists Dr. Dre and Tupac Shakur, according to documents filed in federal court Monday. Hackie alleges that the department endangered his life by disclosing interviews he gave to detectives investigating the 1997 murder of the Notorious B.I.G.

According to the lawsuit, Hackie had identified LAPD officers Rafael Perez, David Mack and Kevin Gaines as associates of Knight. The suit said Rolling Stone published Hackie's picture and implied he told police Knight was involved in Smalls' murder.

Interviews also were used in a New Yorker article about the Rampart scandal, in which officers have been accused of framing, beating, robbing and murdering suspects.

Hackie seeks at least $5 million from each defendant. Representatives of the New Yorker The LAPD and Rolling Stone declined to comment.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

Re: Informant Files Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2001, 05:19:22 PM »
Thats messed up if he had nuthin to do with it but I doubt it. The truth comes out one way or another.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE