Author Topic: Knicks to court Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire  (Read 204 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Knicks to court Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire
« on: June 27, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5334060

i'd say they are a 50-60 win team for the next 5 years

but they'd need to keep David Lee and get a nice PG to become a team that can actually win a title.  (ie TONY PARKER?)

got damn i cant wait for this offseason to be done to see who goes where

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Knicks to court Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:18:52 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5334060

i'd say they are a 50-60 win team for the next 5 years

but they'd need to keep David Lee and get a nice PG to become a team that can actually win a title.  (ie TONY PARKER?)

got damn i cant wait for this offseason to be done to see who goes where

NYK would be the best place for lebron to go, given they will pay some luxury tax

C - Eddy Curry
PF - Bosh or Stoudamire/Lee
SF - Lebron/chandler
SG - Jo JOhnson/T-mac (said he was down for the vets min if 2 superstars come to knicks) or trash
PG - Tony Parke/duhon/trash

but man o man heat got the money though

45 mil? they can make shit happen, d-wade just needs a dominant post presence, than east is his game. lebron needs more help though more like a celtics type of form where hes playing with 2 other stars but is the ball dominant guy.

lebron/jo johnson/bosh or stoudimire would be fire

but wade/boozer/miller or krover would be crazy

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:37:34 AM »
I don't think David Lee would stay if they signed Amare. And Joe Johnson would be a great player, but as of late, he has been striking me as the kind of player who really only wants the money, and if Knicks even sign ONE max contract, then that means Johnson could ultimately make a hell of a lot more money sticking with Hawks.

What a lot of people seem to be forgetting when considering these articles is that as of now, there's only one team that can actually sign two full max contracts, and that's Miami Heat (and we have to assume one of those two max contracts is going to Dwyane Wade). So any other team looking to sign two star players is going to have to hope that one of the stars in mind is willing to take a paycut and/or can't find any other place to sign. And athletes at that age are pretty goddamn greedy.

But I agree, I really can't wait for the offseason to be done. I want to see how many teams that cleared their all of their capspace

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:31:26 AM »
If my maths skills are to be trusted, the Bulls also have enough room for 2 max contracts, regarding how they dumped Heinrich for nothing.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin