Author Topic: Peedi Crakk:"Jay-Z only knows how to do good for Jay-Z.  (Read 64 times)

Elano

Peedi Crakk:"Jay-Z only knows how to do good for Jay-Z.
« on: January 31, 2008, 12:02:32 AM »
er news hit the net that Peedi Crakk was dropped from Roc-A-Fella Records, SOHH caught up with the former Prince of the Roc and got the inside scoop on what happened, his Jay-aimed diss track, and why his former boss has it coming.

"I'm not mad at Jay," he said. "I don't care about Jay. Jay doesn't exist to me."

The rapper said he had nothing to do with the joe camel photoshop cartoon image that's floating around the net and that happens to be on his MySpace. He didn't put it there. And that new diss track that's circulating around the net, "Sorry," isn't really new. He recorded it last summer when the debut solo release Jay promised him would come out, didn't.

"At the time I was upset but now I'm not worried about that anymore," Peedi said of the blatant, sing-songy attack. On the track, he goes in on Jay, wishing the CEO a personal hell filled with pictures of the fallen prince. There's nothing much subliminal about it. But Peedi said, "You won't hear no new diss records. I'm past that."

And as far as beef about getting dropped from the label, Peedi said he sees the firing as freedom. He claims that along with State Property comrades Beanie Sigel and Freeway, he was recently called into a Philly studio where Jay had sent an A&R to tell them it was over. [Editor's note: As of press time Def Jam has not returned calls to SOHH to address the status of Roc-A-Fella Records or Beanie Sigel & Freeway.]

"I wanted to do a back flip, buy a cake with some candles and pop a bottle," Peedi said. "It was good news for me. If it wasn't beneficial to me, we woulda sent that A&R back crippled. We'd a crippled him."

He only takes issue with the way Jay chose to break the news, saying Beans and Freeway were disappointed and felt disrespected. Not the first time either of the rappers have complained, but this time, nobody got so much as a phone call.

"He's a real disrespectful dude," Peedi said of Hov. "I been watching him for a long time, I see the way he does business."

Peedi blames Jay for holding up his project - "I think he was intimidated by me. I have real leadership qualities and I don't like to be told what to do" -- but he said Beans and Free got it even worse.

"He put their albums out with no promotion, no nothing...He had no interest," Crakk said. "I'm happy he didn't put my sh*t out."

Without Roc-A-Fella restraints, Peedi said he's free to make the music he wants to make.

"I'm no longer making music for Def Jam and Jay-Z and the A&Rs at Roc-a-Fella ... the kind of music that would have to cater to their air," he said. "I can get back to making that Peedi Crakk music and not that Peedi Peedi."

He said he'd only gone along with tweaking his sound in the first place because he trusted Jay-Z's judgement.

"Jay-Z only knows how to do good for Jay-Z. As far as helping other artists career, he doesn't have a f*cking clue. Neither does Def Jam"

Peedi said this time will be different.

"All new music, a new deal, new money and a brand new me," he announced.

About any label deals that may or may not be on the horizon, "Either they gonna like my music or they gonna leave me alone," Crakk said.

His debut solo release is near done and he's not against putting it out independently.

"I'm not sure," he said. "If whoever offers me a good offer, it's whatever. If they not talking my language then we'll do it independently. But regardless I'ma keep it moving because at the end of the day, it's about the music. Fans don't give a f*ck what label it's on, if it's not hot they don't want it."

That new Crakk is slated to hit the streets this summer or sooner if he inks a deal.