Author Topic: Snoop Dogg wants to remake "Doggystyle"  (Read 1680 times)

D~Nice

Re: Snoop Dogg wants to remake "Doggystyle"
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 10:10:05 PM »
I'm not really into the idea of redoing a classic. Snoop should leave that album in its own time and place. It can only tarnish the legacy. Dogg Pound was supposedly thinking of doing a Dogg Food Pt 2 and it would have been the same thing with that. The only album though that Snoop talked about that I would be hyped to see is a Lost Tapes album.

Klue

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 11:56:29 PM »
" 50 Cent, Fabolous, Paul Wall, Lil Wayne, T.I., Ludacris, Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Kanye West,  Akon"

How To Kill a myth  ::)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 12:40:27 AM »
Here's an even better idea, Snoop. This summer, do a one-night only concert special at Staples Center or Western Forum to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Doggystyle like Jay did for the 10th Anniversary of Reasonable Doubt.  Dress the stage up with the theme of the album cover and then perform every song off the album.  Also, while you're at it, get in touch with VH1 and have them shoot a documentary interviewing the key players involved in the recording process of Doggystyle.  VH1 did an hour-long documentary of The Making Of Reasonable Doubt, so why not have The Making Of Doggystyle?

This would really be reaching, but fuck it.  Get in touch with Suge, Crooked I, them vatos you had beef with over the BCT album and anyone else you haven't squashed it with and invite them to be a part of the concert special and whatnot?  Especially Suge, since he's one of the key players of the album.  Show the hip hop world that West Coast solidarity is important and possible.  Set an example, nigga.  Grown men doing grown men things.  The West Coast been gone for too long.  It's time to bring both OG's and New West movements together, so an event like this could definitely be the perfect springboard for a positive change in West Coast hip hop.

Maybe instead of doing the concert in the summer, you could do the concert on the date that Doggystyle was released?  So that'd be Nov. 23rd?  That should give you plenty of time to plan an event of this proportion.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:01:57 AM by pootypooty »

dubscheisty

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 02:33:37 AM »
He should re-release this album with leftovers in CDQ. 8)
Don't touch a polished gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wouldn't even be close to the original!!!!!!!!!!  Snoop don't have that follow me follow me flow no mo!!!!!!!!!!  It would flop unless he gets a gang of stars on there and has Dre reunited with Daz and RBX(he had alot of influence on the Chronic and Doggystyle Albums bet nobody knew dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThaPrince

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 02:47:32 AM »
Here's an even better idea, Snoop. This summer, do a one-night only concert special at Staples Center or Western Forum to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Doggystyle like Jay did for the 10th Anniversary of Reasonable Doubt.  Dress the stage up with the theme of the album cover and then perform every song off the album.  Also, while you're at it, get in touch with VH1 and have them shoot a documentary interviewing the key players involved in the recording process of Doggystyle.  VH1 did an hour-long documentary of The Making Of Reasonable Doubt, so why not have The Making Of Doggystyle?

This would really be reaching, but fuck it.  Get in touch with Suge, Crooked I, them vatos you had beef with over the BCT album and anyone else you haven't squashed it with and invite them to be a part of the concert special and whatnot?  Especially Suge, since he's one of the key players of the album.  Show the hip hop world that West Coast solidarity is important and possible.  Set an example, nigga.  Grown men doing grown men things.  The West Coast been gone for too long.  It's time to bring both OG's and New West movements together, so an event like this could definitely be the perfect springboard for a positive change in West Coast hip hop.

Maybe instead of doing the concert in the summer, you could do the concert on the date that Doggystyle was released?  So that'd be Nov. 23rd?  That should give you plenty of time to plan an event of this proportion.

Co-sign

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 07:18:03 AM »

much better idea.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

kuruptDPG

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
he would hav 2 hav dr.dre on the whole proudction if he wants to do a remake.

i would lik to see productions from dre, daz, soopafly, warren g & dj pooh

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »
Maybe this "remake" means a soundtrack from this tour or somethin'??

MTown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 01:35:01 PM »
He shouldn't do that and just improve his sound to some Doggystyle 2 type of album where every westcoast rap fan get his "eargasm"...

Remember NWA's "STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON" 10th anniversary album has been already disappointing (despite the many Westcoast OGs rappin' on it).

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 07:44:41 AM »
dre's not going to put the time into this and who would buy this without him involved

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »
This is the worst idea ever.  I do agree with the poster that said they should release Doggystyle with the unreleased songs from those sessions.  They need to release a 15th anniversary edition this November, that includes Doggystyle feat George Clinton, Tha Next Episode original version, and Nigga Named Dave.  Was the song "It's On" he did with Lady of Rage from the Doggystyle sessions or was it intended for her unreleased Eargasm album?

Okka

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »

HEC

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2008, 09:03:15 AM »
I'm not really into the idea of redoing a classic. Snoop should leave that album in its own time and place. It can only tarnish the legacy. Dogg Pound was supposedly thinking of doing a Dogg Food Pt 2 and it would have been the same thing with that. The only album though that Snoop talked about that I would be hyped to see is a Lost Tapes album.

co-sign, Snoop has a lot of leftovers of dope material

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 03:09:47 PM »
Was the song "It's On" he did with Lady of Rage from the Doggystyle sessions or was it intended for her unreleased Eargasm album?

itz on was a deep cover leftover

MisterPimp

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
I was actually hoping that  his next album will be Doggystyle level lol.  But Let's hope that Ego Trippin is awesome.