Author Topic: J. Holiday Goes Gold, Re-Releases "Back Of My 'Lac"  (Read 106 times)

Lunatic

J. Holiday Goes Gold, Re-Releases "Back Of My 'Lac"
« on: February 02, 2008, 12:09:44 PM »
 R&B newcomer J. Holiday is celebrating the success of his debut album Back of My 'Lac by dropping a deluxe re-release next week.

Since its initial October release date, Back of My 'Lac has sold over 500,000 copies, winning Holiday RIAA gold certification and prompting the release of a deluxe edition. The new version of the album will offer up three new songs as well as behind-the-scenes material and all three J.Holiday videos.

Holiday's lead single, "Bed" - penned by Def Jam artist/songwriter The-Dream - entered the #1 spot on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart on September 22nd, and remained the top-charting song in that category for four weeks straight, while also reaching as high as #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Propelled largely by the success of his first single, "Bed," Holiday has been embraced by audiences across the country while touring alongside R&B superstar R. Kelly. The Music Line/Capitol Music Group vocalist has been recognized for his accomplishments this year with a nomination from the NAACP Image Awards in the category of Outstanding New Artist. The 39th Annual NAACP Image Awards will be televised live on February 14th on Fox.

Holiday's second single "Suffocate," has also been well received, remaining in the top 15 on Billboards R&B/Hip Hop songs chart since its introduction. Holiday has also proven his mettle as a featured artist on Fat Joe's new single "I Won't Tell."

The deluxe edition of Back of My 'Lac arrives in stores February 5th, 2008 via Music Line/Capitol Music Group.

props to him. amazing record he dropped no doubt. "bed" "suffocate" and "fatal" stay in constant rotation when im listening to some r&b joints. can't wait for the 3 new ones 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

when it rains it pours

Re: J. Holiday Goes Gold, Re-Releases "Back Of My 'Lac"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »
J Holiday is nice, his suffocate track is getting alot of radio play, its on the radio almost all day. "Bed" was the same.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »
J Holiday is nice, his suffocate track is getting alot of radio play, its on the radio almost all day. "Bed" was the same.
yes indeed. dude is dope as fuck.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »
R&B albums have shelf life. Look at Fergie's first couple weeks numbers and where it's at now. J started slow but you can't deny a hit record and his whole album was full of them.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 12:43:10 PM »
"Be with me", and "come here" were two of my favorites.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 12:45:09 PM »
That's good, J. Holiday is the hottest R&B out of the very few of 'em in the game right now. Dude is nice as fuckkk.

When 'Be With Me' first hit, which was a favorite, but when it was first out, shit ain't did good at all until months later, so I'm glad the cat is doin' good now. Propz to him.