Author Topic: CREDITS posting discussion  (Read 642 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
CREDITS posting discussion
« on: February 03, 2008, 01:57:41 PM »
Since Timm2014 is pretty much running The Vault now, I think the new order should be like this:

Boss: Me
Capo: Zuka
Soldier: Timm2014
The one that takes a bullet for everyone and occasional oral sex (we all know which side Zuka is on  :-X): Jome

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 02:07:47 PM »
Since Timm2014 is pretty much running The Vault now, I think the new order should be like this:

Boss: Me
Capo: Zuka
Soldier: Timm2014
The one that takes a bullet for everyone and occasional oral sex (we all know which side Zuka is on  :-X): Jome

Lol. But I find many credits in here half full, no sample info and shit..

kemizt

timm2014

• The Vault Emeritus
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:22:36 PM »
K. Dub is right, most of the time I don't put in sample credits and other shit like guitar, keyboard things like that. If it's important to people I can try to be more thorough. I don't mind going back and putting in sample credits and shit, but I don't want to spend the time doing it so that album gets two extra hits.
Thoughts?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »
K. Dub is right, most of the time I don't put in sample credits and other shit like guitar, keyboard things like that. If it's important to people I can try to be more thorough. I don't mind going back and putting in sample credits and shit, but I don't want to spend the time doing it so that album gets two extra hits.
Thoughts?

Yeah, I'd like that, it's your call though. I write down every single credit that is printed in the booklet.
But hey, u're still putting in major work in this section, props for that.

kemizt

timm2014

• The Vault Emeritus
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
alright...I'll go back to the more popular albums I've submitted (cause I know a lot of them aren't popular) and put in sample credits. Cool?
Thanks for the reply.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »
I think that, unless the album is really popular, the credits like you post them are more than enough.

You've done so much in the past 2 months, I feel like such a hypocrit even thinking about asking you to do that. Again props.

Jome

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 04:39:10 PM »
No need for samples and misc. musician info in a thread that maybe just 50-200 people will check, might not even a single reply.
But if you think/know 1000-15.000 people will check the thread, you can choose to do more.

The way I do it:

For underground/acquired taste/minor league albums: Tracklist, featurings, producer credits.

For major albums/heavy hitters/well-known artists, etc. :

Artist Name
Album Name
Label

Album Cover

Tracklist, featurings, producer credits, co-producers, important musician info, samples, executive producer.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »
Jome, you should make a special thread with rules of how to post credits, like you explained right here. And sticky it. So that we don't have to correct them all the time.

Jome

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »
Yeah, good idea, I'll make it part of the REQUESTS thread.

And splitting this while I'm at it.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: CREDITS posting discussion
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 04:44:11 PM »
Oops, I thought you wanted the Artist name, title and label in every credit so I started doin' the few I put up like that :-\

Timm2014 must have the biggest Hip Hop collection everrrrrrrrrrr. Lol. Never sell your shit. ;D

Jome

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »
Oops, I thought you wanted the Artist name, title and label in every credit so I started doin' the few I put up like that :-\

It's cool to do it like that, the more info the better.  8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »
props to Timm.... guy is puttin in major work

lately I've just been updating the credits that look like shit with important information that might as well be there

The Vault needs to be as legit as possible, no excuses for amateur postings  ;D

timm2014

• The Vault Emeritus
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »
Word to WestCoa$t we can really make this site the Absolute place for people to go. Make them wonder why they'd ever go anywhere else.

timm2014

• The Vault Emeritus
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 09:07:06 PM »
Yo, QuietTruth my collection is pretty sick and I always thought I had the biggest one ever. But I had the chance to kick it with DJ Risky Bizness (he's the guy who did those UnCommon Classics and High School Graduate CDs) a couple times and I saw his collection. Get this shit. Over 8,500 albums! I know I took a picture of his bedroom walls (because it's nothing but CD shelves) and if I can find it I'll post it up. You have to see it to believe it.

And as far as posting from my cd collection; I own most of the cds that I post in The Vault, but a few weeks ago I wanted to post every album Timbaland has worked on because I know he's like the third most looked at producer on the website. Well, Tim's so prolific I had to go online to find some of his credits because he's done a bunch of work on soundtracks (Dr. Dolittle, Why Do Fools Fall In Love, The PJs, ect.) and crazy ass artists like Bjork and boy band Take 5. Some shit like that NOBODY owns. But I wanted to find it and post it to fill out Timbaland's CV.

What does CV stand for by the way? Connection Vault?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »
No need for samples and misc. musician info in a thread that maybe just 50-200 people will check, might not even a single reply.
But if you think/know 1000-15.000 people will check the thread, you can choose to do more.

The way I do it:

For underground/acquired taste/minor league albums: Tracklist, featurings, producer credits.

For major albums/heavy hitters/well-known artists, etc. :

Artist Name
Album Name
Label

Album Cover

Tracklist, featurings, producer credits, co-producers, important musician info, samples, executive producer.

Agreed, good post Jome

What does CV stand for by the way? Connection Vault?

Nah, It's something latin. Can't rememeber what though, too early on a monday morning ;)
It's that piece of paper you send in when you apply for a job.

kemizt