Author Topic: ESPN News reporting Shaq for Marion trade  (Read 1270 times)

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: ESPN News reporting Shaq for Marion trade
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »
if this goes through, ill be excited to watch MIA again. d-wade and marion would be dope together.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 10:22:50 PM »
LOL apparently theyre just waiting for Shaq to pass a physical...PHX is horrible for that, unless they plan on waiting til Shaq is a 20 mil expiring to use as a trading chip for a stud

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »
Marion is just retarded...Dude can't stop bitching and is supposedly destroying the chemistry in the locker room.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 10:36:49 PM »
FUCK, i don't like this for 2 obvious reasons.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

thisoneguy360

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 10:55:01 PM »
aparentally it's actually going down, a lot of words are coming to mind but all that comes out is Phoniex you guys are fucking retards

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »
Suns, Heat agree to Shaq trade

No longer confident they can win a championship with their current roster, the Phoenix Suns are close to completing a blockbuster trade that will bring them Shaquille O'Neal, a source with knowledge of the negotiations said Tuesday.

O'Neal is scheduled to travel to Phoenix aboard a private plane Wednesday, the source said, to undergo an MRI on his ailing left hip. If he passes the physical, the Suns will complete the trade by sending Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Miami Heat.

The Miami Herald first reported the Suns and Heat were in serious trade discussions involving O'Neal.

Frustrated by Miami's dramatic dropoff this season – the Heat own the NBA's worst record at 9-37 – O'Neal had begun telling teammates he wanted to be traded but never thought a deal would come to fruition, a Heat source said.

The trade represents a dramatic change for the Suns, whose run-and-gun, small-ball style had revolutionized the league in recent seasons. That same style, however, had failed to bring the Suns a championship, and team officials had become increasingly skeptical about their chances of contending without giving Amare Stoudemire some help on the front line.

While praising recent improvement in Stoudemire's defense last week, Suns general manager Steve Kerr said the team still was doing Stoudemire a "disservice" by playing him at center instead of his more natural power forward position.

While last week's loss to a San Antonio team that was missing Tony Parker again raised some doubts, it was the Lakers' acquisition of Memphis forward Pau Gasol on Friday that ultimately spurred the Suns to consider aggressively looking for another big man. League sources said the Suns also had conversations about Charlotte's Emeka Okafor and Philadelphia's Samuel Dalembert in recent days.

O'Neal, 35, still is a physical presence but seems a poor fit for Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo offense. Suns coaches, however, watched film of O'Neal on Tuesday, the source said, and came away thinking O'Neal's strong passing skills from the high post would work well in their half-court schemes. The Suns also have shown increasingly more confidence in playing forward Boris Diaw next to Stoudemire and think that combination will suffice when O'Neal isn't on the floor.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmfCEdbEs3rUmeVyU.UKK8OC0bYF?slug=jy-shaqdeal020508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I just don't get it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 11:11:52 PM »
they aint as dumb for doing it if yall really think about it. marion has made it clear he aint happy there no more after being on the tradin bloc last year and cuzz's numbers have fallen below his career averages. plus we all know amare aint no center, so maybe this move can energize shaq,since phx is a title contender and they obviously aint been able to win the last few years WITH marion, so might as well try something new before their time passes (like the blazers and kings during the laker 3 peat era)...they aint got much to lose, since most niggas was sayin they already fallin outta the top contender spots anyway...might as well go for broke. as a shaq fan i'd like to see this shiet.

and this nigga marion makes a lot of money and wants outta phx anyway. chec this shiet from espn:

"Marion asked to be traded before the season began, but has avoided talk of the subject since. He is set to make $17 million next season, the final year of his contract, but can opt out of the deal and become a free agent."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 12:03:13 AM »
It's done...and so is Phoenix.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 12:05:02 AM »

Because now you have to root for the Suns over the Lakers?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 12:06:00 AM »
LOL. Thanks for making the Western Conference a little bit easier, Phionex. :D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 12:19:07 AM »
The Suns got scared of that Gasol trade quick.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 12:53:15 AM »
i realize PHX wanted to at least get something out of Marion before he opts out but damn,there were no other deals available? Its a win for Shaq though and who knows maybe like someone else said it might re-energize him.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 01:08:26 AM »

1. because my favorite player is on my least favorite team after the spurs
2. because i'm fucking TIRED of the whole Shaq VS Kobe thing....it's bad enough 2 times a year, now we get 4 times, plus a potentional 7 more. i'd rather see Tyson and Holyfield again.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 01:09:49 AM »
or how about bowe vs holyfield 42?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 01:38:45 AM »

1. because my favorite player is on my least favorite team after the spurs
2. because i'm fucking TIRED of the whole Shaq VS Kobe thing....it's bad enough 2 times a year, now we get 4 times, plus a potentional 7 more. i'd rather see Tyson and Holyfield again.

Where have you been? The Shaq vs. Kobe shit died almost 2 years ago. LOL.