Author Topic: AM570 Rumor: Coby Karl+2nd round pick for Juan Carlos Navarro.  (Read 240 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: AM570 Rumor: Coby Karl+2nd round pick for Juan Carlos Navarro.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 03:54:19 AM »
When will you people realize that the whole trading stuff between the Lakers and Memphis is a scam? Mitch ain't no genius at all. The Memphis owner wants to make his team as cheap as possible, so he can sell it. He DOES NOT want to win. And Jerry West wants to help the Lakers.

THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT MITCH BEING A GENIUS. Those trades are OBVIOUSLY unfair. Please, my dear Laker fans, GET THAT ALREADY. Man, seriously.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 04:01:01 AM »
Don't be so hard with Mitch, man. He drafted Turiaf, Farmar, Bynum, Walton, Crittenton, so he knows about basketball. Plus he just traded Cook & Evans for Ariza. He simply had a plan in his mind, to be under the salary cap next year. Then he changed his mind (thanx to Kobe?) and he started to build a team ready to win NOW. You guys should just admit you judged him too early and too bad. He knows his thing. He was just building the team for the future.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 04:15:50 AM »
It's not about that, it's about people giving him credit for those Memphis-related trades which is just wrong. I would have vetoed those trades in any fantasy league, LOL. I'm so mad at this. Lakers gonna be so good for from 2009 to 2013 and I can't stand that. Fuck life, lol. All they gave up were Crit and picks, for GASOL!! I mean, WTF? LOL...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 05:28:59 AM »
I feel you, lol. ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 11:30:15 AM »
You know Navarro is my man. But you guys are really understimating him! He's averaging 10.8 points in 25 mins per game, in his rookie season. In case you didn't notice it, only Durant is averaging more points than him between all the rookies!!! He can score, he can run the ball, he can penetrate, he can do it all. He has potential to be a very very good player. If Mitch does this trade he's def the GM of the year in my book.

Fisher/Farmar
Kobe/Navarro/Vujacic

P.S. I'm reading Marc Gasol wants to play for the Lakers too. He'll probably return to L.A. in the summer. That makes the Gasol for Brown trade even more sick. And Mitch even more a genius.

Navarro would be behind Sasha in the depth charts...Sasha has been lighting it up this year, while Navarro's game in the NBA has been highly inconsistent. He's a shooting guard in a point guards body and his defense is extremely shakey...That said, he's a great shooter and I wouldn't mind this trade at all...but I would definitely have him playing extremely limited minutes.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 11:33:02 AM »
Why would Memphis do this trade?

In case you haven't noticed, Memphis is tryna save money and find playing time for their younger guards (Conley, Critt, Lowry).

Doggystylin

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 11:35:37 AM »
I'm so mad at this. Lakers gonna be so good for from 2009 to 2013 and I can't stand that.

sums up the mentality of the haters

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »
When will you people realize that the whole trading stuff between the Lakers and Memphis is a scam? Mitch ain't no genius at all. The Memphis owner wants to make his team as cheap as possible, so he can sell it. He DOES NOT want to win. And Jerry West wants to help the Lakers.

THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT MITCH BEING A GENIUS. Those trades are OBVIOUSLY unfair. Please, my dear Laker fans, GET THAT ALREADY. Man, seriously.

Are you really this mad? LOL...Jerry West has no pull in Memphis, bro. The trades weren't "fair", but they were good in the interest of  Memphis...They were tryna get their cap space and got a damn well point guard prospect in the process, as well as some first round picks. It's the best cap space freeing offer they got...There's no "scam"...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 08:46:34 PM »
If this rumor is true, then they should have included it in the Gasol trade. Consolidation saves you money, people.