Author Topic: Anyone have fishtanks?  (Read 189 times)

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
Re: Anyone have fishtanks?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »
yes, ive got a 260gall salt water fish tank with marine life

always been fascinated and its relaxing just to chill kick your feet up and check out your fishes..

ive got a porcupine puffer, and a cow fish both are very personable they recognize and get happy when they see you follow you around and everything because they think your going to feed them

a blue and a yellow tang
and a small cat fish to clean up the remains of shit and left over food

got 1 grey smooth hound shark 20 inches...i just lost my baby leopard shark rip lil scrappy  :'(
Damn man, that is a serious setup. How much many have you put into it? And to the guy who wants piranhas, theyre really not that aggresive unless you have a whole school of them. You should look into some aggresive south american cichlids like the red devil, jaguar cichlid, or wolf cichlid. These are much more interesting to watch than piranhas, and they are as mean as it gets.
[

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »
what do u feed them?

''pinkies'' (baby mice), frozen foods, fish and meat...
people think piranhas will eat anything. true! but it's unhealthy to give them hamburgers, hot dogs and shit
plain uncooked hamburger meat should be fine in little amounts
[

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 10:48:25 PM »
I have a small tank

I have 2 jack dempeseys in there wich are african fish and are pretty agressive.

Ive had convicts wich were also agressive, ive had a few different kinds of sharks..tri colors, red tails, ive had a few heals those were realy cool. I remmebr one heal i dropped on the floor for 5 minutes and it survived.

Ive hadTigers bars too wich are nice to look at.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »
^ Tiger barbs are my favorite.  and whoever said bala sharks are pussy fish is a fuckin fooool!

i really want to start doing that shit again. it's like a fucking hobby . you got to get the top feeder fish  then the mid range fish and the bottom feeders and those glass suckers and you're set.  oh shit i think i know wha i'm buyig with my tax return.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 12:24:34 AM »
^ Tiger barbs are my favorite.  and whoever said bala sharks are pussy fish is a fuckin fooool!
bala sharks suck
[

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 03:29:58 AM »
i was thinkin of getting a tank a few years back... thanks to this thread i will probably be investing in one shortly.

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »
LOL at feeding them mice..nasty shit man :-X
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 08:57:28 AM »
Damn man, that is a serious setup. How much many have you put into it? [/quote]

1700$ for the 260 talked them down from 2000$
350$ for the wet dry (cleans tank)
300$ for the protein skimmer also cleans tank
70$ for the heavy duty return pump
700$ for the chiller to keep the tank cool in the summer (which im sellin right now dont need that shit)
30$ for castle inside of tank
80$ for sand
80$ for salt 
25$ for testing kit ( ammonium, ph, nitrate checks)

i spent about 500$ on fishes total, ive had 3 salt water sharks and sting rays.. finding nemo fish and all that

ive got a 260 gallon with a salt water setup thats why that it seems like alot of $$ the bigger your tank is the more supply u gotta put in there.. if i wanted to i couldve went the fresh water route but sharks are a personal favorite i hadda do it

i wanna cop me a bonnet head dwarf Hammer head shark they only get 3 feet long theyre fuckin clean whereas the great hammer head shark can grow up to 16 feet