Author Topic: do you consider nascar drivers athletes?  (Read 212 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: do you consider nascar drivers athletes?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »
Yeah I do.  It's a race, and you gotta be mentally and physically fit to do well. 
nigga why u lying. what u got to be fit for..... do u got to be fit to drive in ya everyday life. that shit is far from a sports............ trickology

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 02:36:11 PM »
from what i hear its more demanding on your body than what you think but i cant call it. all i know is that shits boring as fuck tryin to watch...no wonder all those rednecks stay gettin drunk watchin that shit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »
it's a sport, but the drivers are not athletes. So I'd say they are sportsmen but not athletes. Just like cheerleaders and dancers to me are athletes but it's not a sport.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »
Yeah I do.  It's a race, and you gotta be mentally and physically fit to do well. 
nigga why u lying. what u got to be fit for..... do u got to be fit to drive in ya everyday life. that shit is far from a sports............ trickology

Yeah because I drive 140MPH+ for 3-5 hours in over 100 degree heat in my everyday life.  Only an idiot would assume that you don't need to be physically and mentally fit to be a race care driver. 

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 03:14:08 PM »
Yeah and darts and snooker players are athletes also. :laugh:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 10:42:48 PM »
yeah i guess. i mean you are using your body and ALOT of senses.

yeah after talking to Kevin Harvicks dad at work today (if you don't know who that is look it up) i'd have to say that they DEFINATELY are athletes. anyone who disagrees is just purely ignorant and i'll go out on a limb and say racist.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »
The only slightly chubby guy in Nascar is Tony Stewart.  Then if you take a look at all the F-1 drivers, none of them are overweight.  All of them are in great condition.  Why?  Because if they're not, they can have a fucking heart attack while driving. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
Fuck no! If an 67-year-old man can drive the same car as 16-year-old kid, then it's not a sport.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »

nigga you gotta be fit...You're in the car for 3 hours going almost 200 miles an hour...it gets hot in there. Mentally, you gotta be awake aswell, one slight bump and you could crash and die.

ITS NOTHING like driving a taxi or a regular car.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »

Yeah because I drive 140MPH+ for 3-5 hours in over 100 degree heat in my everyday life.  Only an idiot would assume that you don't need to be physically and mentally fit to be a race care driver.