Author Topic: Jason Kidd oficially traded to the Mavs (for real this time)  (Read 814 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Jason Kidd oficially traded to the Mavs
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »
wow that was horrible! J-Kidd is one of my all time favs but maaaaaaan what the fuck were the mavs injecting into their veins today?

devin harris is your FUTURE. as well as your future draft picks and a handful of important role players. the mavs just traded away their future!

as far as blockbuster trades this season goes....this was the worst

celtics>>>lakers>>>>>>>>>>>>Suns>Mavs

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 05:07:54 PM »
Wow Is JAson Kidd that good?????

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »
yes and no. if the mavs don't do shit this year it's a HORRID trade. if they do....then yeah.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 05:47:18 PM »
you may be a Jordan Farmar fan...but not trading him strait up for Kidd would just be stupid lol

Lets see if you'll be saying that in 2 years.

Right now, comparing Kidd to Farmar is pure comedy. Of course, as a player ages their skills will slow down. An older great player will eventually be worse then a younger average player. Was Larry Holmes really better then Ali? No. Kidd could help a team win a championship right now (maybe), Farmar at his best will be a piece to a championship. Do you really think the Lakers are planning for the future...or planning for the present? Signing Gasol and keeping Kobe makes me think they are planning for the present.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 05:52:06 PM »
what a ridiculous move.  harris for kidd is questionable enough, but throwing stackhouse and diop into the mix makes this the dumbest fucking thing i've seen in a long time.  this definitely tops the shaq trade.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 06:28:21 PM »
you may be a Jordan Farmar fan...but not trading him strait up for Kidd would just be stupid lol

Lets see if you'll be saying that in 2 years.

Right now, comparing Kidd to Farmar is pure comedy. Of course, as a player ages their skills will slow down. An older great player will eventually be worse then a younger average player. Was Larry Holmes really better then Ali? No. Kidd could help a team win a championship right now (maybe), Farmar at his best will be a piece to a championship. Do you really think the Lakers are planning for the future...or planning for the present? Signing Gasol and keeping Kobe makes me think they are planning for the present.

The window of oppurtunity for Kobe+Gasol is much greater than Kidd's. Kidd's window of oppurtunity is already starting to close in on him...ANYONE should be able to see that.

The Lakers will be dominating the league for some time now...and Jordan will be an important piece to that.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »
GEORGE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »
LOL@Devean fucking George killing the deal. :-X

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
I knew I shouldn't have said officially.  :-X
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »
I knew I shouldn't have said officially.  :-X

is it officilaly fucked?

GangstaBoogy

I officially don't know anymore.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 09:14:18 PM »
Fuck life. My fist is bleeding.

LOL your sig made my day

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I wonder why the hell New Jersey cares about Devean fucking George? And if Dallas really wants this, why don't they just throw in someone like Eddie Jones or Juwan Howard instead? I mean, how much value does George really hold to block a deal like this?...LOL

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
how much value does George really hold to block a deal like this?...LOL
i was thinkin the same thing...also why would you wanna stay where its obvious nobody wants you there?

wcsoldier

Dallas is DUMB for giving up Harris:

1) Harris has the ability to penetrate and get the opponent bigs in foul trouble
2) on the defensive end , he was able to match Parker speed and thats one of the reasons Mavs matched up well with SAS.. Kidd is a good defender but hes gonna be eaten alive by Parker, Paul ..
3) I know he's gonna improve the team chemistry and leadership but  matchups are part of what the playoffs are about .. they are so many great PGs in that conference , Kidd wont have the clear edge against most of the teams

Dallas adressed the wrong issue, they needed a post presence , they traded (well if it's still happened) for a PG .. while already having the best PG rotation .. plus by giving up Diop, they 're gonna be eaten alive inside ...