Author Topic: Jason Kidd oficially traded to the Mavs (for real this time)  (Read 840 times)

GangstaBoogy

Sources: Kidd To Dallas Still Alive

Two sources close to the situation indicate that the Jason Kidd deal to Dallas is very much still alive, Marc Stein of ESPN is reporting.

It can either still happen in the proposed form or one where a player is substituted.

Following talks with George, Bartelstein told ESPN.com on Thursday: "Devean is still inclined not to change his stance [and go to New Jersey], but the Mavericks and Nets have asked us to take today to reconsider everything and we said we'd do that."

The second scenario to make the deal happen would involve Keith Van Horn in a sign-and-trade.

"We won't use [Van Horn] in any deal for anyone," Mark Cuban told ESPN.com last week.

Sources indicate that Cuban has reconsidered in light of the George situation.

I hope New Jersey demands someone more important to replace George. I'd love it if Terry + Stackhouse + Harris were all included in the deal. How about you 7even?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

the.SET

• 'G'
Re: Jason Kidd oficially traded to the Mavs (the deal aint dead yet)
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2008, 09:37:07 PM »
New Jersey wants George's expiring contract, I dont think they are looking to resign him after the season. Thats why he (or his agent) is blocking the trade
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

tempo2

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 12:54:57 AM »
well i for one believe kidd will help them contend and hence my reason for thinking its a good trade. you must be watching a different kidd to the one i watch if you'd rather have harris.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2008, 12:27:15 PM »
well i for one believe kidd will help them contend and hence my reason for thinking its a good trade. you must be watching a different kidd to the one i watch if you'd rather have harris.

Kidd- FG%: 36%  PPG: 11  TO: 3.6  Age: 34

Harris- FG%: 48%  PPG: 14.5  TO: 2.4  Age: 24

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2008, 01:28:03 PM »

yeah but other then that....

lol

Seriously tho, Kidds numbers will be better on the Mavs then they were with NJ, and Harris's numbers will more then likely dip.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2008, 03:54:01 PM »
The deal between the Dallas Mavericks and New Jersey Nets involving Jason Kidd isn't dead, but it would already be finalized if it weren't for Mavs forward Devean George.

"Nothing's ever dead," Cuban said on Friday, "but there just aren't many options."

According to the Star-Telegram though, owner Mark Cuban doesn't have any hard feelings towards George.

"I love Devean George," Cuban said. "I just can't say the same about his agent."

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »
This deal is now doomed to fail. Cursed from the beginning.

The Gasol trade was clean, low-key and strictly business. It is one of the best trades in a long time and will prove to be so, unless my warriors step up to the plate ;D

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »

yeah but other then that....

lol

Seriously tho, Kidds numbers will be better on the Mavs then they were with NJ, and Harris's numbers will more then likely dip.

I dunno about that...as someone who has Kidd on his fantasy squad, I sorta wanted Kidd to stay in NJ.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 04:51:31 AM »
It will probably go down with Hassell and Van Horn instead of George and Stackhouse... I don't get how losing Diop seems to be a non-issue to Dallas. LOL@Dampier being the only center. Harris, a bunch of picks and Diop...  :-\
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 06:36:51 AM »
It will probably go down with Hassell and Van Horn instead of George and Stackhouse... I don't get how losing Diop seems to be a non-issue to Dallas. LOL@Dampier being the only center. Harris, a bunch of picks and Diop...  :-\

Yeah homie, i've heard it too. It looks like they'll trade Hassell and KvH.

I don't know, Kidd is my man, but how can you guys win something with Dampier, Dirk and Brass defending against Gasol, Bynum, Odom? Or Duncan & Oberto? Or... shit.. even Shaq?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2008, 10:05:09 AM »
^^Well...Dampier is currently more effective than Shaq. Phoenix is probably the only "contending" team you guys can knock off in 7, though. :-X

Kidd deal might hurt Mavs in match-up against Spurs

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 6:35 am EST

If the Jason Kidd deal is completed, don't expect the San Antonio Spurs to lose belief in their ability to compete with the Dallas Mavericks in a seven-game playoff series. Dallas presented them more matchup problems than any Western team, and one of the toughest was presented by the super-quick point guard Devin Harris, a tough cover for Tony Parker.

Kidd never has been able to blow by Parker, even five years ago. Soon, he will be 35.

Further, DeSegana Diop had some success defending Tim Duncan. The Mavericks like Brandon Bass, but he does not have Diop's length. If the deal goes down, Dallas will miss his defensive intensity.

LOL

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 12:09:20 PM »
Kidd Trade Now Official

The New Jersey Nets have acquired guards Devin Harris, Trenton Hassell, Maurice Ager, center DeSagana Diop and forward Keith Van Horn along with Dallas’ first round draft picks in 2008 and 2010, and cash considerations from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for guard Jason Kidd and forwards Antoine Wright and Malik Allen, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today.

“This trade provides us with immediate help, most notably with the acquisition of Devin Harris, who we consider one of the rising young point guards in the NBA,” said Thorn. “Harris's numbers have improved each of his four years in the league, and we feel that he has a significant upside. This trade also will give us two future first round draft picks and will give us flexibility to improve our roster.”

"Jason Kidd has been the best player to wear a Nets uniform during my current tenure with the Nets,” added Thorn. “He was the toughest competitor with the fiercest will to win and he was the main component in the most successful period in the Nets NBA history. Jason is a first ballot Hall of Famer and the man most responsible for transforming the Nets into a high quality NBA team. We wish him nothing but success in his future endeavors.”

Lunatic

Re: Jason Kidd oficially traded to the Mavs (for real this time)
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 01:28:07 PM »
I think gettin antoine wright added to the deal is a nice bonus for the mavs
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »

Wright was gunna be traded to the Mavs regardless...Good to see that the trade finally went down, though. ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 02:30:01 PM »

Wright was gunna be traded to the Mavs regardless...Good to see that the trade finally went down, though. ;D
why u say he was goin there regardless? did i miss somethin :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com