Author Topic: R.I.P. Stephen "Static Major" Garrett  (Read 111 times)

smegma

R.I.P. Stephen "Static Major" Garrett
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »
TQ just posted this blog where he says that Static Major (of Playa) died yesterday. That's crazy. RIP

Yesterday my dawg Static Major, who produced "Paradise" passed away due to unknown causes. Yesterday we lost a great one... Needless to say I'm shocked, devastated and in disbelief. I hasn't been a week since we were together playing "Catch Phrase" with our families snowed in, in Louisville, Kentucky which was his home town... Static was a pioneer in lyric and melody and a pretty damn good track man too... He composed the music for "Paradise". If u don't remember him, he was a member of the group "Playa" back in the day. They had the hit "Here's to U" which is one of my favorite songs of all time... He wrote it. Along with "Pony" from Ginuwine, "One In a Million" for Aaliyah, "Hotline" from Pretty Ricky and that hot ass "Lollipop" record from Lil Wayne... Just to name a few. That small list doesn't even do justice to the list of hits that my man has written... We're gonna miss u dawg...
In memory of my homie, I'm putting up our record "Paradise" as the new song of the day. Kind of ironic... I can't seem to escape it. It's my ringtone and most of my friends call tones so I have to listen to it over and over and I really don't want to... It's fuckin' tearing me up. I just feel like it was a bit too soon for Static. He was just about to get his due... But who am I to question the will of God? I won't... I'll just play the record again...

Can U tell me what it's like up in Paradise?
I wanna know what it's like up in Paradise!
Do they treat u like G? Do they recognize?
Do they keep it buster free up in Paradise?
Did u save a place 4 me up in Paradise?
A shot of Vodka? A bag of weed and a better life?
Don't it make u oh so happy?

Paradise...

Rest in Peace Static... See u when I get there...

The HUB Muzic Store is located on my front page under the music player... Go check it out... "Paradise" Feat. Krayzie Bone will only be there TODAY...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=77576078&blogID=361622688

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: R.I.P. Stephen "Static Major" Garrett
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:24:06 AM »
damn I remember that "PLAYA" group... they were  part of Timbo's old Family tree..........well RIP!!!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »
RIP

kemizt

jaytee

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 01:41:06 AM »
Damn that's crazy.

He he had some classics with Aaliyah.  I wasn't really too big on Playa but his song writing and producing was a big part of the Super Friends clique. 

R.I.P.

TRG

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 02:00:38 AM »
R.I.P.