Author Topic: DJ Quik is the true GOAT producer of the west coast  (Read 774 times)

eastcoastn

Re: DJ Quik is the true GOAT producer of the west coast
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 05:36:58 AM »
im glad you westcoasters ain't all about riding Dre's dick like a few niggas on this site
DRE-DAY :camp: how does it feel that your idol aint as good as Quik

Elano

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 05:50:43 AM »
best rap musician ever

thats what I hear that he is more of a musician because he plays instruments and doesnt use coproducers

bullshit

not true?

He also plays several insturments and engineers sometimes.

SEVERAL INSTRUMENTS ?  :D :D
Quik play the keys,stop.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 04:27:24 PM »
best rap musician ever

thats what I hear that he is more of a musician because he plays instruments and doesnt use coproducers

bullshit

not true?

Quik play the keys,stop.

if you read the credits on his albums some say all instruments or all music by dj quik or david blake...

it also mentions that he does the talkbox, bells, synth(keys), percussion, horns, bass and live drums on some songs.

the truth is dre is better on the drum machine thats where he gets quik, but still not far behind and quik is the best on the keys

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 08:28:46 PM »
quik is the best and battlecat is a close ass second and then fredwrek...4get the rest

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 08:58:19 PM »
just heard that new Snoop joint and the mixing on this is what a record should sound like not to mention he produced the best track on the whole album
no doubt
quik is the most inventive and original one IMO
These 2 guys shits all over dj quik's works,no fuckin doubt

youre fuckin trippin homey there goes your music pass. their beats are 70% sample based, shitty eq, little mastering, and repetitive, i like them but cmon that was just a reckless comment.

quik = hands down best producer, arranger, music fan from the west coast

TRG

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 09:10:10 PM »
Quik & Dre are always changing on the top of my list.

At the moment its Quik at the top.

Elano

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 11:47:12 PM »
just heard that new Snoop joint and the mixing on this is what a record should sound like not to mention he produced the best track on the whole album
no doubt

youre fuckin trippin homey there goes your music pass. their beats are 70% sample based, shitty eq, little mastering, and repetitive, i like them but cmon that was just a reckless comment.

you don't have a fuckin clue about music

Elano

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 11:48:23 PM »
best rap musician ever

bullshit

not true?

Quik play the keys,stop.

if you read the credits on his albums some say all instruments or all music by dj quik or david blake...

it also mentions that he does the talkbox, bells, synth(keys), percussion, horns, bass and live drums on some songs.

he plays all those instruments with the synth........

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 11:59:25 PM »
Dj quik best producer thread # 789 lol

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 12:17:48 AM »
no doubt

you don't have a fuckin clue about music

oh thats actually pretty funny, because I know my way around a SSL9000 and most Mackie 24 track redcording consoles. you know, like the ones you see your favorite rappers posing in front of pretending to do something. Also the Digidesign 002 and 003 preamps, I'm also pretty good with an Akai MPC 2000 sampler, but I prefer to use real instruments tracked live in my productions. I have over 20k songs in my itunes and thats not even fuckin with full albums. I probably know more about music than 98% of people on dubcc no offense to the real music fans...

check out some of the beats i did for my last project, a snowboarding documentary. it's getting submitted to a canadian film festival and the director wants me to do all the sound in fact (including boom mic and background sound effects) for the film.
http://www.myspace.com/perfectgentlemanpg

but uh, if i didnt know who i was fuckin with, "you dont know music" would be my first line of defensive.

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 12:18:06 AM »
Dj quik best producer thread # 789 lol

seriously.

Elko187

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 07:12:10 AM »
Just like how there was an thread earlier about Game and Pac (they are two completely different rappers), Quik and Dre come off different vibes. Both greats but theyre both #1

MediumL

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 08:46:42 AM »
Most of the time its quik fans that always create these threads and post in em. Its kinda sad.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 09:04:14 AM »
best rap musician ever

bullshit

not true?

Quik play the keys,stop.

he plays all those instruments with the synth........

Actually, G-one and Robert "funksta" Bacon play most of the instruments

westside159

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »
I dont get it , some body fill me in on what i missed please , i mean he made some cool beats bacc in the dayz and sold records , but nowa dayz he cant even put a record out and when he does it some watered down disco sounding shit , but Press Play is his best in a long time probally since 1998 .