Author Topic: Quote of the day 3/2/08  (Read 144 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Quote of the day 3/2/08
« on: March 02, 2008, 09:19:31 AM »
"Then there would have been the added disadvantage of the white complexion. It is not an unbearably unpleasant complexion when it keeps to itself, but when it comes into competition with masses of Brown and Black the fact is betrayed that it is endurable only because we are used to it.... Nearly all Black and Brown skins are beautiful but a beautiful white skin is rare. How rare, one may learn by walking down a street in Paris, New York or London on a weekday-- particularly an unfashionable street-and keeping count of the satisfactory complexions encountered in the course of a mile. Where dark complexions are massed, they make the white look bleached out, unwholesome, and sometimes frankly ghastly"

-------------- Mark Twain his essay "Skin Deep" from On The Damned Human Race

Sikotic™

Re: Quote of the day 3/2/08
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »
Marky Mark had that Jungle Fever.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 04:44:45 PM »
What jungle fever??
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 05:00:40 PM »
What jungle fever??
its from spike less movie. its basically  means when a white person prefers a Black person as a partner... notice the word usage "jungle" to describe that. you do the knowledge on that

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »
What jungle fever??
its from spike less movie. its basically  means when a white person prefers a Black person as a partner... notice the word usage "jungle" to describe that. you do the knowledge on that
...Oh That movie.Stevie Wonder sang the title song i think..
yeah I noticed the usage of the word **Jungle**..pretty darn bad!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 06:26:46 AM »
notice the word usage "jungle" to describe that. you do the knowledge on that
I'm impressed, you're actually making a point with that one

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:41:07 AM »
WTF one of you people actually agree with me * yo someone go pop a bottle, GET THAT EXPENSIVE SHIT OUT TOO!!!!*

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 06:58:42 AM »
WTF one of you people actually agree with me * yo someone go pop a bottle, GET THAT EXPENSIVE SHIT OUT TOO!!!!*
wow, and you've detected irony. Dude, I don't disagree with anyone for the sake of disagreeing with them or for bullshit reasons like their skin color...I disagree with people because they say disagreeable things and I agree when I see something to agree with. The implications of the use of the word "jungle" in this context being racist is something I happen to agree with. It really is that simple.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 07:05:09 AM »
wow, and you've detected irony. Dude, I don't disagree with anyone for the sake of disagreeing with them or for bullshit reasons like their skin color...I disagree with people because they say disagreeable things and I agree when I see something to agree with. The implications of the use of the word "jungle" in this context being racist is something I happen to agree with. It really is that simple.
you cant tell me that this is the only thing eye have ever said that you agree with.......

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 07:14:26 AM »
you cant tell me that this is the only thing eye have ever said that you agree with.......
This is one simple statement easy to agree with for me. You've said a bunch of things I completely disagree with (the gay adoption thread being a prime example, but not the only one) and you might have also said stuff I agree with in the past, and don't worry, I'm not scared to tell you that I agree when I do. It's a frickin internet board, I've absolutely no interest in holding back my opinion. You have also said a lot of stuff that is partly sensible but then takes off into the wrong direction and jumps to conclusions I find completely unacceptable, which makes the matter a bit more complex.

Bottom line is when I read a post, I read a post and decide to agree or disagree or partly agree depending on the post, and NOT on who wrote it. You see that?

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 07:16:38 AM »
This is one simple statement easy to agree with for me. You've said a bunch of things I completely disagree with (the gay adoption thread being a prime example, but not the only one) and you might have also said stuff I agree with in the past, and don't worry, I'm not scared to tell you that I agree when I do. It's a frickin internet board, I've absolutely no interest in holding back my opinion. You have also said a lot of stuff that is partly sensible but then takes off into the wrong direction and jumps to conclusions I find completely unacceptable, which makes the matter a bit more complex.

Bottom line is when I read a post, I read a post and decide to agree or disagree or partly agree depending on the post, and NOT on who wrote it. You see that?
yeah eye see that mostly with you and sometimes with 11'z but the majority of you guys do not on this board......its like they wan to disagree for the heck of it

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 07:19:26 AM »

yeah eye see that mostly with you and sometimes with 11'z but the majority of you guys do not on this board......its like they wan to disagree for the heck of it
I wouldn't say it's the majority, but there sure is a bunch of guys this statement is true for.