Author Topic: RESPECT FOR THE SOUTH  (Read 238 times)

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
Re: RESPECT FOR THE SOUTH
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »
Its only right that somebody come with another SouthWest Riders type of album. Its been 11 years since E40 came with that compilation. Lets make it happen, yall.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »
For me....I've been living in Florida since 2002, and I finally graduate in two months and get to go back to L.A.

Before I came out here, I must have been caught up in the media hype, and I thought being from L.A., I wouldn't get along with anybody from the East Coast, and that they'd hate ALL of our music...and I thought the South loved most of our music. However, when I got here, I got along with everyone for the most part...but I realized that the South had started to get cocky from their music, and started acting like the West was garbage.

At this point...I have heard thousands of songs out here in the South, with some being amazing and dope, with some being complete azz crack. In Florida, a lot of their music doesn't make it out of the state. Some of it is pretty good for club music, but some of it is TERRIBLE...however, this is the dance capital, and they focus much more of what songs they can dance to versus what songs are really good.

I just know I can't wait to get back home so that I can DJ without having to play the bullshit they love out here. No bullshit, here's the HOTTEST song out here right now...meaning that people bug me ALL NIGHT before I play it, and if they came in late and missed it, they beg me to play it again.....I HATE THIS SHIT!!!!

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 09:45:48 PM »
^^Wow!!! That was absolutely horrible..That's even worse than the dance craze songs that they pump on the radio, I don't see how you could play that. Or even more, how anybody could like that.
I got a bird's eye view

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 11:20:08 PM »
^^Wow!!! That was absolutely horrible..That's even worse than the dance craze songs that they pump on the radio, I don't see how you could play that. Or even more, how anybody could like that.

LMFAO...you have no idea how much I hate playin wack ass songs. Not all of them are that bad, but that is the biggest song here right now, and it's not even a real song.

I definitely feel like I'm sellin out at times, because I have so much music that is so much better than that garbageness...but fact is, I wouldn't get any work out here if I didn't play it...and with me, at least I know how to mix it up and play good music as well. There are a lot of DJ's here who will play that garbage, and never play anything good...but I will always slide in something dope, whether it's old or new, to let the real heads know that I know what I'm about.

But still...it breaks my heart playing that trash, and not being able to play any Quik, Murs, Tribe, or anything else when I'm doin a party or whatever on campus. Some people here just have terrible taste in music.