Author Topic: Biggie Resurrected By BK Rapper In Upcoming Biopic  (Read 87 times)

Elano

Biggie Resurrected By BK Rapper In Upcoming Biopic
« on: March 06, 2008, 11:37:20 PM »

According to Hollywood Reporter, Fox Searchlight has hired Gravy (real name Jamal Woolard), to join the star-studded cast, including Derek Luke (Antwone Fisher) who will play Sean "Diddy" Combs, Angela Bassett (What's Love Got to Do With It) as B.I.G.'s mother Voletta Wallace and Anthony Mackie (She Hate Me) as Tupac Shakur.

Gravy made headlines in 2006 after being shot outside New York radio station Hot 97 before a scheduled interview.

An open casting call saw hundreds of Biggie wannabes trying out for the part of the legendary rapper who was killed in an unsolved L.A. drive by in '97, many of them professional actors.

Woolard won out over the pros in part because he can rap. Executives said they'd rather work with a rapper who can flow than teach an actor how to emcee.

Besides being a rapper like Biggie, Woolard was also a drug dealer before he became an artist. He released a few albums on indy labels in the 90s before inking a deal with Warner Bros.

Voletta Wallace was reminded of her son when she met Woolard, taken by "Jamal's charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile," she said. "He is a talented and charismatic actor, and I am excited that he will bring Christopher's character to life."

The George Tillman Jr. ("Soul Food") directed flick goes into production this month and is set for release in January of '09.

AnybodyKilla

Re: Biggie Resurrected By BK Rapper In Upcoming Biopic
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 01:05:07 AM »
Propz, lookin forward to this. But they shouldve used Guerilla Black for this, because dude looks just like Biggie, not EXACTLY but really similar and his voice sounds 90% like his, its a fuckin trip lol!!!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 03:16:17 AM »
they had other pics too, I thought?

I saw the diddy, faith, pac ones. the pac looks rediculous

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 05:11:02 AM »
The actor playing Pac - what the fuck?? He wasn't good on 8 Mile and you put him to play 2Pac???... Why??? This might become a very wack movie!!