Author Topic: Are you really excited about Crooked I's single with Akon?  (Read 624 times)

smegma

Re: Are you really excited about Crooked I's single with Akon?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 02:55:27 AM »
^^^^ once again you proved you are one of the most useless posters here .. as usual you point comments out to have explications and then answer back with "LMAO " ect ...

as usual eh? LMAO
so explain your point of view .. it's simple to answer "LMAO " tell us what YOU think ...

A lot of rappers talk to talk. It's not just Crooked I. Has it ever occured to you that he might not have released an album because of contractual obligatioins?

wcsoldier

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 03:01:38 AM »
^^^^ where did I say that ? of course he may have contractual obligations ... but you try to work these pbs out AND/OR not being robbed the 1st time you signed a contract ... there are rappers who can read contracts (or surrounded by people who can handle it for them) and there are rappers who simply can't ... if artists aren't aware that the music industry is WAY more complicated than 20, 30 years ago that's not my fault ..

smegma

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 03:03:20 AM »
^^^^ where did I say that ? of course he may have contractual obligations ... but you try to work these pbs out AND/OR not being robbed the 1st time you signed a contract ... there are rappers who can read contracts (or surrounded by people who can handle it for them) and there are rappers who simply can't ... if artists aren't aware that the music industry is WAY more complicated than 20, 30 years ago that's not my fault ..

I never said he's a good business man, but I do tell you how it is. Crooked I would have released an album if he could've.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 03:09:58 AM »
I never said he's a good business man, but I do tell you how it is. Crooked I would have released an album if he could've.
but his contract with death row expired 4 years ago right?

i thought he was a free man now.

anyway, if he wants to have some commercial success he definately needs a professional A&R; i mean, he hasn't got a major label deal like Jadakiss has.
and Jadakiss didn't even have much commercial success major wise; i think he went platinum with one of his soloalbum, but he paid a high price for that based on the album content.

smegma

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 03:13:10 AM »
but his contract with death row expired 4 years ago right?

i thought he was a free man now.

It is not Death Row holding him back.

Crooked I

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 03:18:41 AM »
well it seems that Crooked I is clearly aiming for commercial success, otherwise he wouldn't do crossover attempts

truth is, he'll never be able to release an album on a major label and he's gonna have a hard time gaining success independantly.

i mean, Cube went gold independantly, but he got a large fanbase.

thats right,too sad crooked isnt on a big label,i dont even know why someone like dre doesnt sign this rapper.also he has to get commercial succes,no matter with akon or or anyone who is BIG right now,i mean how many singles of akon have been the the charts already,imagine crooked can do 1-2 nr 1 hits that would change everything

topshotta

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 07:04:51 AM »
Why can't Crooked I just release the goddamn single already and then drop the fuckin album quick after that, stop hypin this shit up, put out or shut up!

DPGC23

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 07:59:23 AM »
ENUFF WITH THE #1SINGLE 4 RADIO, YES IKNO UWANT MAINSTREAM APPEAL 2,
BUT US FANS BEEN WAITIN, OWE IT 2 THE FANS , FUK THE RADIO PPL WHO JUS LISTEN 4 RADIO SINGLES

THE TRUE WEST COAST FANS

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 08:16:15 AM »

I'm not so sure about that. Me personally, I think that Crooked simply had his standards set way too high. He was probably aiming for a major deal, since we know for a fact (if we believe what he says in his interviews) that he already had received various offers from different labels. Since he didn't go with neither one of those deals, I think it's safe to say he wasn't satisfied with the contract and that he wanted to put the album release on hold until he actually found a good enough deal.

In other words, both of us have a point here I think: Yes, he would have released an album if he could've, and he was simply searching for the right deal. On the other hand, he COULD have already released an album by signing one of those deals he had laying on the table, but he decided to wait.
At the end of the day though, all we can do is just speculate about all of this. We might read or hear things in interviews here & there, but when push comes to shove we basically don't know jack shit about what really goes on behind-the-scenes.

As long as it's coming in 2008, I'll be more than satisfied.