Author Topic: Moses was high on drugs  (Read 472 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Moses was high on drugs
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 04:19:31 AM »
an old friend of mine was recently diagnosed as being bi polar and has had hallucinations in the past where she claimed to have seen strange humanlike figures. im sure back in the day any of that could be misconstrued as meeting with god or a religious being.
Yeah, in fact there are various theories relating religious experiences, epiphanies, etc. to just that type of stuff, and it's quite feasible if you think of it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 08:25:38 PM »
i have a feeling drugs are how most religions were conceived
drugs or perceptive disorders, psychoses, etc.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »
Moses is that nigga.

It makes complete sense that back in the day people were ingesting hallucinagens and thinking they were having religious experiences.  Like the article says, it still happens today. 

Who knows if Moses was stoned off his ass on the mountain or not, but it makes more sense than all the other bullshit Christians try and explain.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »
How does acid help you split a sea? ???

JAZ

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »
i oce saw this guy high on acid trying to climbing  a building, fall down. land on his face. and yelling at me he needed help because there were cheetahs drowning in jellly on the roof. i bet splitting a sea is a piece of cake for an acid head.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »
i oce saw this guy high on acid trying to climbing  a building, fall down. land on his face. and yelling at me he needed help because there were cheetahs drowning in jellly on the roof. i bet splitting a sea is a piece of cake for an acid head.

If splitting the sea were a figment of his imagination, wouldn't the Israelites have drowned tryna cross it on some horses? LOL. People are just mad cuz Moses was a G.

JAZ

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 02:48:43 PM »

If splitting the sea were a figment of his imagination, wouldn't the Israelites have drowned tryna cross it? LOL. People are just mad cuz Moses was a G.
lmao. i bet moses could sell sand in a desert, water in an ocean and black pigment to Micheal Jackson.

Money

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 05:57:44 AM »

If splitting the sea were a figment of his imagination, wouldn't the Israelites have drowned tryna cross it? LOL. People are just mad cuz Moses was a G.
lmao. i bet moses could sell sand in a desert, water in an ocean and black pigment to Micheal Jackson.
lol.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 06:08:22 AM »

If splitting the sea were a figment of his imagination, wouldn't the Israelites have drowned tryna cross it on some horses?
Obviously. The question is whether you believe that whole story, it's not like there's historical proof of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea on some horses, as far as I know

Receiving the ten commandments, on the other hand, is not irreconcilable with psychedelic drugs (whatever they had back then, obviously not acid). But like I said before, you can imagine shit like that without being high on anything. Actually we all do, it's called dreaming, but some people just experience similar conditions when they're awake

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 04:09:02 PM »
The only historical reference to Moses *IS* the bible.  So you're arguing with people about what is fictional or not in a story that you're saying may be fictional, but representing the 'fictional' character that's the subject of the story as if it's a given that he even existed.  LOL