Author Topic: Keri Hilson Talks To Dubcnn - Exclusive Interview! (Timbaland & Polow's Artist)  (Read 163 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn had the chance to talk to the wonderful Keri Hilson! The talented singer, who skyrocketed to the top of the Pop world last year through her work with Timbaland, is now signed to Interscope Records through a joint venture with Timbaland and Polow Da Don, and tells us about her path up until now and how she linked up with Polow and Timbo.

We go into detail on the making of the "Shock Value" album, the single "The Way I Are" and its success, her writing experiences and forming the writing crew The Clutch.

Of course we speak about her album "In A Perfect World..." which should be coming soon. She let's us know what fans can expect from the album, and also talks on her experiences working with Britney Spears, Xzibit and many more high profile artists. Check out the full interview below:

Exclusive Interview With Keri Hilson (March '08)

Come drop your feedback on the forums, or send it to nima@dubcnn.com.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
She's signed to Zone 4 Label set up by PDD!

will check this.
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
nice interview!!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
big interview nima props
shes like one of the biggest r&b singers outthere right now.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
 :P i wanna fuck the chick, damn she is nice

but any way nice interview

Matty

keri seems like a real cool girl. hope her album is big big, im sure tim will make sure it is ;]

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
As always we have both the transcript and the video for you to check and please feel free to send
is it me, or is the video not posted on the front page?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Damn my bad there was no video to this interview, I made a mistake on the page lol. Sorry...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Damn my bad there was no video to this interview, I made a mistake on the page lol. Sorry...
ah i see, well thanks for clearing it up though  ;) and thanks for the interview.

I'm not this cookie cutter artist, I take pride in the fact that I can create my own music and my own sound. We did just that, you have to hear it to know exactly what I'm talking about, but you'll hear how much fun we had creating something new and definitely refreshing, unlike any R&B or pop record that you've heard that's out.

Dubcnn: What do you think of the current R&B scene, who are you feeling?

The current R&B scene... There aren't so many female R&B females that are still doing true to heart R&B music. So I have to say Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Usher is really about to hit them over the head, but everything that was R&B is now Pop, because hood is the new pop!
i'm not really into R&B, but somehow i have my doubts with the above statements.
she's definately going to have pop songs on her album, so let's see what the non singles tracks are gonna be like.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:07:42 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »