Author Topic: Seriously, whats going on with West Coast artist and release dates?  (Read 188 times)

GangstaBoogy

Other than Game and Snoop can any artist get their project released anymore?

Wheres Ya Boy? Wheres G.Malone? Wheres Bishop Lamont? Wheres Crooked I? Wheres Yukmouth? Wheres Techniec? These projects have all been stamped "coming soon" forever!

Are we being entirely blackballed?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Seriously, whats going on with West Coast artist and release dates?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »
Didnt Yukmouth just drop Million Dollar Mouthpiece recently?

But yea i dont see Bishop droppin this year or Ya Boy...Crooked LOL!....
Sucks cause those could be some real dope projects

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »
I been waitin for the Soundscannerz "The Resume" and "Suga Kain" for like 2 years. I'd rather be told they'll never be released then wait another 2 years.

Same thing goes for the Fixxers. They got signed, had a date, then suddenly got dropped. How many west coast artists are even on major labels? Classic albums like "Guilty by Affiliation" got released, but didn't sell due to poor distribution.

As far as nation wide distribution, the West is officially dead, and will stay dead. The only people who can even get their album in stores everywhere are people like The Game, and Snoop, and to a lesser extent Cube and E-40.

Without labels willing to invest in nation wide distribution, the west can't grow, cause people can't even buy the damn albums.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 05:03:21 PM »
I'd rather be told they'll never be released then wait another 2 years.

Real shiet. Thats exactly how I feel about "Detox" and "BOSS Music".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

messi19

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 05:09:28 PM »
I'd rather be told they'll never be released then wait another 2 years.

SGV

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »

Wheres Ya Boy? Wheres G.Malone? Wheres Bishop Lamont? Wheres Crooked I? Wheres Yukmouth? Wheres Techniec? These projects have all been stamped "coming soon" forever!

Ya Boy already answered that. He's gonna release another single for more buzz. Check Dubcnn's interview with him.

G.Malone should be dropping soon, I'd assume. Now with the Video out there and his doing video appearances, the label may start pushing him.

Bishop is probably waiting for that single.

Crooked I... LOL.

Yuk dropped already.

Techniec, who knows.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »

Techniec, who knows.
^His myspace says his album "Tha Blocstar Tha Rebel" is coming out 2nd Quarter 2008. 'Til it gets to the summer & there's no official date set in stone, I'll take that as an answer. 8)

SGV

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 05:48:22 PM »
Man, like Crooked I, Techniec was an artist I antcipated hearing. Now, since he left BWS (even a little bit during), I got tired of dude. Hearing him on some G-Shit was kinda weird considering he once said "[something] Like a Gangsta, But I Don't Bang." Some dudes are just better off rapping like they did when they came out and not on some switch up shit.

I doubt Tech's album drops this year if we don't get a single in the next 2 months.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »
Man, like Crooked I, Techniec was an artist I antcipated hearing. Now, since he left BWS (even a little bit during), I got tired of dude. Hearing him on some G-Shit was kinda weird considering he once said "[something] Like a Gangsta, But I Don't Bang." Some dudes are just better off rapping like they did when they came out and not on some switch up shit.

I doubt Tech's album drops this year if we don't get a single in the next 2 months.
^I agree. If we don't hear anything, then it's just in the air like the artists mentioned in this thread.

It's a confusing & messed up story with Crook though. He's had single after single drop in "anticipation" of the album, & we heard release date after release date, but no official date due to it being pushed back over and over. Tech hasn't had a chance to drop a real single yet except for "Turn off the Radio '07" but he didn't say when his album was coming out. We only knew he was working on it.

I hope Eastwood doesn't end up like this. I feel he's a dope artist that could blow as well. The only thing that messed with him (and Tri-Star) was dealing with Jaded Entertainment & whatnot.

SGV

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »

^I agree. If we don't hear anything, then it's just in the air like the artists mentioned in this thread.

It's a confusing & messed up story with Crook though. He's had single after single drop in "anticipation" of the album, & we heard release date after release date, but no official date due to it being pushed back over and over. Tech hasn't had a chance to drop a real single yet except for "Turn off the Radio '07" but he didn't say when his album was coming out. We only knew he was working on it.

I hope Eastwood doesn't end up like this. I feel he's a dope artist that could blow as well. The only thing that messed with him (and Tri-Star) was dealing with Jaded Entertainment & whatnot.

Crooked I doesn't have that appeal. He keeps trying to drop club bangers, but that's not in him. At least, not that I've seen yet. Why doesn't he just try a different route. Why not put out something a little more introspective, showing off his lyrical abilities. Maybe that could work for him. But, see, he wants to be this huge artist, he needs to realize that his boat has long sailed.

As for Tech, he's the same as Crooked. Just not appealing to the masses. He's had good looks with Snoop, Mack 10 AND Game and nothing has materialized. So, something must be wrong there. Like Crooked, you can't have THAT many looks and have NOTHING work out. You can't always blame the label, sometimes you have to blame yourself.

Eastwood is following that same path. Jaded tried putting out some young trio and I think since that flopped, the label did too. I think Eastwood is cool, but I can't really see him blowing up.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 06:11:38 PM »

Crooked I doesn't have that appeal. He keeps trying to drop club bangers, but that's not in him. At least, not that I've seen yet. Why doesn't he just try a different route. Why not put out something a little more introspective, showing off his lyrical abilities. Maybe that could work for him. But, see, he wants to be this huge artist, he needs to realize that his boat has long sailed.

As for Tech, he's the same as Crooked. Just not appealing to the masses. He's had good looks with Snoop, Mack 10 AND Game and nothing has materialized. So, something must be wrong there. Like Crooked, you can't have THAT many looks and have NOTHING work out. You can't always blame the label, sometimes you have to blame yourself.

Eastwood is following that same path. Jaded tried putting out some young trio and I think since that flopped, the label did too. I think Eastwood is cool, but I can't really see him blowing up.
^Good points. Crooked wants to wait for the best moment to drop the "perfect album", but it was years ago when he was hot & buzzing & everyone was waiting for it. He mind as well just drop the album now instead of waiting because by the time he decides to it'll be too late because someone else from the West will be the new buzz (most likely G Malone or Jay Rock or some one else).

Eastwood was with MOB along with Tech & Game & that didn't work as well so he should do the same as Crooked & drop it sometime soon when he gets the chance.

Another album that's been taking a while is the Y.A. (Youth Authority) album with Roscoe, Tri-Star, etc. on it. The Raptalk interview with them that came out recently said that they're waiting for the "perfect time", but it seems like the "perfect time" is way past due & by then the buzz is gone. :-\

SGV

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »
Perfect time... LOL

Fucking rappers. If you have little to no buzz, there is no perfect time. Just drop something and push it. That's why I really have no respect for L.A.'s grind sometimes. Look at the Bay. These dudes drop albums regularly. Not for nothing, but dudes like Messy Marv and such push decent units everytime. They're getting some good money and have steady built a fan base, even if it's only in the Bay and surrounding areas. Go down South and dudes are doing the same. Dudes are blowing up just by going the local route. Crooked I, Techniec, Eastwood, Y.A. whoever... They lack the true hometown support to blow up. But, that's thanks to the fact that they don't stay flooding the market with Material (mixtapes or albums), aren't busy doing regular shows, etc. They want the perfect time? Well, if you're not promoting yourself and you're hoping and praying for some label to promote you, there is no perfect time.

Some rappers need to stop thinking their stars when they haven't done shit yet in their career.