Author Topic: should Snoop do like timbaland or radiohead  (Read 154 times)

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
should Snoop do like timbaland or radiohead
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »
Should Snoop do like Timbaland on next album? Timbaland was gonna realease his next album on the mobile phone company.

Or should Snoop do like radiohead and realease the album for free download/  or the fan those to pay their price for it??? they had a big success on that

anyway the cd sales are going down and young people only wanna get certain songs from a artist not a whole album.

any thoughts on this??

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: should Snoop do like timbaland or radiohead
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »
  or the fan those to pay their price for it??? they had a big success on that

I thought it wasn't a success...? I thought every fucker downloaded that album for $0

I don't think there is any obviously workable business plan right now, simply because no matter what you do differently, if people can just grab the mp3s off the net for free, they will do. Everyone always says they'll go buy the album if it's good, but most people then go, well, once I have more money to spare I'll buy it - and they end up never buying it. Plus, for the same exact music you have to a) go down to the store, and b) pay a bunch of money for the album you already got for free at home. I'm not condoning downloading by the way, that's just the way it is at the moment - if people have a real easy option of getting stuff for nothing, they will

I think it's fucked up personally, but at the same time I download stuff, mainly because in the past I've spent shitloads on CDs and get home and there is like one good track on it, so now I always download to see if it's any good before hand. I always tell myself if it's real dope I'll go buy it, but nothing has been really dope in a long time (or at least not dope enough for me to part with my cash)

I think the only solution is for them to properly crack down on downloading, I think in Europe they're starting to hold the internet service providers responsible and they will terminate your internet if you're downloading a bunch of stuff. All this i-tunes and embracing the new technology is bullshit in my opinion because whatever they do it will never beat getting the same product for free if that option still exists

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »
  or the fan those to pay their price for it??? they had a big success on that

I thought it wasn't a success...? I thought every fucker downloaded that album for $0

I don't think there is any obviously workable business plan right now, simply because no matter what you do differently, if people can just grab the mp3s off the net for free, they will do. Everyone always says they'll go buy the album if it's good, but most people then go, well, once I have more money to spare I'll buy it - and they end up never buying it. Plus, for the same exact music you have to a) go down to the store, and b) pay a bunch of money for the album you already got for free at home. I'm not condoning downloading by the way, that's just the way it is at the moment - if people have a real easy option of getting stuff for nothing, they will

I think it's fucked up personally, but at the same time I download stuff, mainly because in the past I've spent shitloads on CDs and get home and there is like one good track on it, so now I always download to see if it's any good before hand. I always tell myself if it's real dope I'll go buy it, but nothing has been really dope in a long time (or at least not dope enough for me to part with my cash)

I think the only solution is for them to properly crack down on downloading, I think in Europe they're starting to hold the internet service providers responsible and they will terminate your internet if you're downloading a bunch of stuff. All this i-tunes and embracing the new technology is bullshit in my opinion because whatever they do it will never beat getting the same product for free if that option still exists
downloading is legal here  ;D

believe me, your suggestion is a mission impossible.
as i said before, the industry should come up with a better alternative for the cd. just selling audio files at a certain price doesn't work, since it doesn't have any extra value in compared to free audio files.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
artists should def continue to make albums and release them.

Most artists dont make money off albums anyway it comes from touring.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 12:40:48 PM »
as i said before, the industry should come up with a better alternative for the cd. just selling audio files at a certain price doesn't work, since it doesn't have any extra value in compared to free audio files.

Though that sounds like a mission impossible too - right now mp3s are way more convenient than CDs, so they'd have to come up with something that is more convenient than mp3s, which is gonna be tough, because mp3s can be stored all on one device, skipped through easy, has pretty dope quality, etc (CD quality isn't enough of an incentive for most people)

Right now the only extra value is from the cover and booklet, and people don't really buy music for that. DVD content is also dope, but again I don't think enough people are interested in that for it to really count as extra value to most people (plus that shit often ends up for free on youtube as well lol)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »

Though that sounds like a mission impossible too - right now mp3s are way more convenient than CDs, so they'd have to come up with something that is more convenient than mp3s, which is gonna be tough, because mp3s can be stored all on one device, skipped through easy, has pretty dope quality, etc (CD quality isn't enough of an incentive for most people)

Right now the only extra value is from the cover and booklet, and people don't really buy music for that. DVD content is also dope, but again I don't think enough people are interested in that for it to really count as extra value to most people (plus that shit often ends up for free on youtube as well lol)

yeah true, a lot of stuff is just bonus, but doesn't really add much, and it's gonna be very hard to come up with a good alternative, but that's were research comes in.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 02:25:39 PM »
DVD content is also dope, but again I don't think enough people are interested in that for it to really count as extra value to most people (plus that shit often ends up for free on youtube as well lol)

And with regard to the Ego Trippin DVD exclusive at Target, they charge like $5 extra to get the album + DVD bonus.  Why would I spend half the price of the album for a 30 minute DVD?  The DVD should be included free as motivation to not settle for the illegal MP3 download of the album proper.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

D~Nice

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »
DVD content is also dope, but again I don't think enough people are interested in that for it to really count as extra value to most people (plus that shit often ends up for free on youtube as well lol)

And with regard to the Ego Trippin DVD exclusive at Target, they charge like $5 extra to get the album + DVD bonus.  Why would I spend half the price of the album for a 30 minute DVD?  The DVD should be included free as motivation to not settle for the illegal MP3 download of the album proper.

I bought it because I am a collector. It was worth the extra money to me. Not really sweating 5 dollars too much. It's incentive for people to buy it from there. Gives you a choice other then Best Buy or somewhere else.

The Homey Darren

• Lil Geezy
  • REAL music. Not Nigger noise
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 03:09:09 PM »
I think if any platinum rapper would have the courage and creativity to say fuck you to the RIAA and put out an album for free it would be snoop. He seems like a pretty open minded guy. Plus I'm pretty sure he's got the money to do whatever.

partying it up in Spain last summer

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »
i dunno if anyone has gone to any concerts lately but the prices are higher than what they used to be and thats how they really  make their  money.I think they should lower the prices to 599 and then it would sell for sure.