Author Topic: Lebron Calls DeShawn Stevenson "Soulja Boy"  (Read 1136 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Lebron Calls DeShawn Stevenson "Soulja Boy"
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2008, 08:21:43 PM »
Stevenson strikes back...

Elsewhere in the locker room before the game, DeShawn Stevenson shed some new light on why he busted out and called LeBron James "overrated" after last Thursday's win over the Cavaliers. In case you didn't notice, the two were jawing at each other all night long and it began before the opening tip.

Apparently, James said something about DeShawn to former Cav Drew Gooden, who recently related that information to DeShawn. He didn't appreciate it.

"We're all in the same profession," Stevenson said. "We don't need to talk bad about one another. So, that's how it happened. I was ticked off and that's why I said something to him at tip-off. So, it goes back further than people think."

I asked DeShawn if what James said was basketball-related or personal and he said:

"It was both. I won't say what he said. I said something back and we'll leave it at that."

Maybe James, who wears a beard, is jealous of the one Stevenson is growing? Stevenson with a laugh:

"I don't know what he's jealous of. He makes more money than me that's for sure."

"I hope we play Cleveland," Stevenson said. "I'm going to get Soulja Boy courtside seats and have him wear a DeShawn Stevenson jersey. Maybe (James) can have Jay-Z there since LeBron's all on his (shorts) anyway."

Stevenson wasn't done.

"And tell LeBron to cut that beard off and stop copying me."

So Lebron popped off behind the scenes! Okay this is actually interesting now.

You love gossip more than anyone on this board. 

SGV

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 08:41:51 PM »
Dallas may have been better, but not in that Finals series. That's all that people will ultimately remember later on in life. The better team in that series and essentially that season was the Heat. No matter what you say, you cannot take that away from the Heat. If people won the Finals based on Flukes, things would be much different. It's not like the Superbowl or a College Bowl game where there's only one shot and an upset can happen. In the Playoffs you got 7 games to win 4, if you can't... then you're not as good as the beat who beat you. Period.

So yeah, maybe Lebron and Cavs may have had it easy with the Wiz since they were missing Arenas and Butler, but again, that's the game. The Cav's have nothing to do with the health of other players. Luck of the draw. The Nets were not the same team last year that they were this year. They played much better ball. And of course, beating the Piston's is not something any can just do. They got stole on when they played the Spurs, but that's what everyone expected. The Spurs had (have) Duncan, Manu and Parker... The Cav's only had Lebron. Much like the Heat, people cannot take that away from Lebron. When we look back years later, people will say "damn how did Lebron get that far almost single handedly?"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 08:57:27 PM »
Dallas may have been better, but not in that Finals series. That's all that people will ultimately remember later on in life. The better team in that series and essentially that season was the Heat. No matter what you say, you cannot take that away from the Heat. If people won the Finals based on Flukes, things would be much different. It's not like the Superbowl or a College Bowl game where there's only one shot and an upset can happen. In the Playoffs you got 7 games to win 4, if you can't... then you're not as good as the beat who beat you. Period.

So yeah, maybe Lebron and Cavs may have had it easy with the Wiz since they were missing Arenas and Butler, but again, that's the game. The Cav's have nothing to do with the health of other players. Luck of the draw. The Nets were not the same team last year that they were this year. They played much better ball. And of course, beating the Piston's is not something any can just do. They got stole on when they played the Spurs, but that's what everyone expected. The Spurs had (have) Duncan, Manu and Parker... The Cav's only had Lebron. Much like the Heat, people cannot take that away from Lebron. When we look back years later, people will say "damn how did Lebron get that far almost single handedly?"
+1
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
Stevenson strikes back...

Elsewhere in the locker room before the game, DeShawn Stevenson shed some new light on why he busted out and called LeBron James "overrated" after last Thursday's win over the Cavaliers. In case you didn't notice, the two were jawing at each other all night long and it began before the opening tip.

Apparently, James said something about DeShawn to former Cav Drew Gooden, who recently related that information to DeShawn. He didn't appreciate it.

"We're all in the same profession," Stevenson said. "We don't need to talk bad about one another. So, that's how it happened. I was ticked off and that's why I said something to him at tip-off. So, it goes back further than people think."

I asked DeShawn if what James said was basketball-related or personal and he said:

"It was both. I won't say what he said. I said something back and we'll leave it at that."

Maybe James, who wears a beard, is jealous of the one Stevenson is growing? Stevenson with a laugh:

"I don't know what he's jealous of. He makes more money than me that's for sure."

"I hope we play Cleveland," Stevenson said. "I'm going to get Soulja Boy courtside seats and have him wear a DeShawn Stevenson jersey. Maybe (James) can have Jay-Z there since LeBron's all on his (shorts) anyway."

Stevenson wasn't done.

"And tell LeBron to cut that beard off and stop copying me."

So Lebron popped off behind the scenes! Okay this is actually interesting now.

You love gossip more than anyone on this board. 

Thank you for noticing.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »
you can't be serious, if you have paying attention to the nba the last few years you would KNOW that the heat did not deserve that championship, Dallas was clearly the better team.

sometimes "the better team" doesn't translate into winning.  Wade would take games over that year, I remember that shit.

By Wade do you mean the refs?

are you thinkign about the kings-lakers games from way back?

No, I'm thinking about the biggest fluke sport team champions ever.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2008, 09:02:32 PM »

Good thing LeBron himself disagrees with you...if it weren't for that, people (other than Hack) would probably buy your bs.

SGV

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 09:22:13 PM »
It's hardly BS. It's rational thinking. I remember reading Lebron's comments. That's fine that he thinks that way, but regardless... the Nets were able to push the series into the 6th game. The Pistons were up 2 games to none in the Conference Finals... so it's not like the they just demolished everyone they played. Lebron was upset. Just like Kobe was upset with his team and said all the things he said about them this past Summer.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2008, 09:27:50 PM »
you can't be serious, if you have paying attention to the nba the last few years you would KNOW that the heat did not deserve that championship, Dallas was clearly the better team.

sometimes "the better team" doesn't translate into winning.  Wade would take games over that year, I remember that shit.

that's an oxy moron.

if you win the championship it's not a fluke. it's called "upset".

although I'd say Miami was on par with Dallas.  Shaq was pulling in 18-9 a game, Wade was scoring 25-30 a night and they had alot of great role players.  the reason they sucked this year is because they let their good role players go to free agency and figured they'd rely on Shaq and Wade which was dumb.  But back then they had Zo coming off the bench to play D when Shaq got tired; Hasleem was the shit, Antwan Walker was a nice addition, James Posey was key etc. etc.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 01:28:34 AM »
LeBron is such a great player. It sickens me to death that people hate on him rather than just be happy for living right now to tell something to their kids.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2008, 03:45:12 AM »
People make me laugh HARD when they say Lebron is surrounded by wack players .. LOL ... Cavs have nearly (outside a ball handler) what they need .. they have a versatile frontcourt in Wallace, Smith, Varejo, Ilgauskas (whatever you spell it) , two good to very good shooters in Gibson and Wally ... the Cavs just need to realize they have to develop an offensive game instead of putting the ball in Lebron hands and others players waiting around .. 1st they have to fire their coach .. then they can develop a team game ...

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2008, 09:30:29 AM »
LeBron is such a great player. It sickens me to death that people hate on him rather than just be happy for living right now to tell something to their kids.

don't be too huffy about it.. I am sure that years from now we will look back with fondness. I used to boo the hell out of Larry Bird because he was our main competitor, but now I appreciate his game.

It's part of the game....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2008, 11:28:09 AM »
People make me laugh HARD when they say Lebron is surrounded by wack players .. LOL ... Cavs have nearly (outside a ball handler) what they need .. they have a versatile frontcourt in Wallace, Smith, Varejo, Ilgauskas (whatever you spell it) , two good to very good shooters in Gibson and Wally ... the Cavs just need to realize they have to develop an offensive game instead of putting the ball in Lebron hands and others players waiting around .. 1st they have to fire their coach .. then they can develop a team game ...

EXACTLY!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2008, 11:30:31 AM »
It's not about the plain talent of the players, they are all much better players than we are, but how they get utilized is just horrible, including LeBron. The Cavs have probably the worst coach the NBA has seen in this decade. LeBron is just so good that he can be amazing without a decent playbook. Role players can't.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2008, 11:35:36 AM »

that's an oxy moron.

if you win the championship it's not a fluke. it's called "upset".

although I'd say Miami was on par with Dallas.  Shaq was pulling in 18-9 a game, Wade was scoring 25-30 a night and they had alot of great role players.  the reason they sucked this year is because they let their good role players go to free agency and figured they'd rely on Shaq and Wade which was dumb.  But back then they had Zo coming off the bench to play D when Shaq got tired; Hasleem was the shit, Antwan Walker was a nice addition, James Posey was key etc. etc.

I guess you just don't understand what the word fluke means...The Heat were down big in the 4th quarter of what woulda' given Dallas a commanding 3-0 lead in the series, up until the refs decided to take over. If it weren't for the Tim Donaghy's of the NBA, there's no way that Miami Heat team is anywhere near championship caliber...Notice how the refs toned it down with giving Wade BS calls once Donaghy was exposed. fact of the matter is, the Miami Heat are the worst NBA team to ever "earn" a championship, whether you like it or not.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2008, 11:39:04 AM »
It's not about the plain talent of the players, they are all much better players than we are, but how they get utilized is just horrible, including LeBron. The Cavs have probably the worst coach the NBA has seen in this decade. LeBron is just so good that he can be amazing without a decent playbook. Role players can't.

LeBron needs to learn how to utilize his players instead of running isolation plays for himself on every possession...all the greats have done it...now it's up to LeBron to show us if he can too.