Author Topic: Ya'll remember when Cypress Hill dissed Ice Cube  (Read 430 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Ya'll remember when Cypress Hill dissed Ice Cube
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »
This was a good beef. Doughboy Killa > King of the Hill
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

No Teflon

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 06:57:12 PM »
i heard cypress hill got shot at outside of the rainbow room on sunset? soes anyone have the info or the news on that?

Listen to the song, Lick a Shot...

B real got shot in the lung while banging on the block....THat was years ago, he aint got shot recently, thats Bs

That Ese, In S.A., From C.A.

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »
I actually knew one of the bodyguards for Cypress Hill when the beef was going on. He was there when Cube stole their hook for the song "Throw Your Sets In The Air". CH was showing Ice Cube the track and Cube was really liking the way it was coming along. He kept asking them to play it over and over. Then he asked if he could use part of it in something else but CH said no. He released the track 'Friday' anyway, stealing the part that said 'Throw Your Neighborhood in the Air'.

D~Nice

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »
I actually knew one of the bodyguards for Cypress Hill when the beef was going on. He was there when Cube stole their hook for the song "Throw Your Sets In The Air". CH was showing Ice Cube the track and Cube was really liking the way it was coming along. He kept asking them to play it over and over. Then he asked if he could use part of it in something else but CH said no. He released the track 'Friday' anyway, stealing the part that said 'Throw Your Neighborhood in the Air'.

Yeah Muggs even offered to produce a track for Cube on Friday. He declined it though. Muggs was saying in a interview he made alot of tracks during Black Sunday that was for either Cube or Cypress. Lick A Shot and Cock The Hammer were orginally for Cube but he did not want the tracks so Cypress used them. That was one reason they were so mad Cube stole the hook because of the work relationship they had with him at the time.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »

Yeah Muggs even offered to produce a track for Cube on Friday. He declined it though. Muggs was saying in a interview he made alot of tracks during Black Sunday that was for either Cube or Cypress. Lick A Shot and Cock The Hammer were orginally for Cube but he did not want the tracks so Cypress used them. That was one reason they were so mad Cube stole the hook because of the work relationship they had with him at the time.

glad they squashed it tho, it would be bad to have two LA legends like Cypress Hill and Cube going at it..they had some good diss songs, but it could of led to something bigger in the streets.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 10:54:33 PM »
"That B in B Real much stand for bitch"  8)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 11:05:26 PM »
This song just sucks...King of the hill kills it no one fuck with Cube

What song are you talking about?

the song of the topic dough boy killa wack 10 killa or wtv

D~Nice

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 11:23:05 PM »

glad they squashed it tho, it would be bad to have two LA legends like Cypress Hill and Cube going at it..they had some good diss songs, but it could of led to something bigger in the streets.

Yeah definitely glad they sqaushed it. B-Real wants Cube on his new solo album.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 11:41:40 PM »
Yeah i remember this. great diss songs from both sides. west side connection also diss them on ''cross them out and put a ak''  . B Real came out hard on no rest for the wicked but ice cube had been killin mc's on the mic for years before that. ''no vaseline'' lol..he's the best at diss songs period. i have the beerf 2 DVD there's a whole segment on it. when they squashed it on late 96 they recorded a song along with krs-one called ''men of steel'' it gave me the chills to hear cube say'' got no beef with cypress hill'' and then b real drop '' east coasts west coast universal flava, pullin together wit my neiugba no play hata'' damn that was classic shit
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

D~Nice

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 11:46:39 PM »
Yeah i remember this. great diss songs from both sides. west side connection also diss them on ''cross them out and put a ak''  . B Real came out hard on no rest for the wicked but ice cube had been killin mc's on the mic for years before that. ''no vaseline'' lol..he's the best at diss songs period. i have the beerf 2 DVD there's a whole segment on it. when they squashed it on late 96 they recorded a song along with krs-one called ''men of steel'' it gave me the chills to hear cube say'' got no beef with cypress hill'' and then b real drop '' east coasts west coast universal flava, pullin together wit my neiugba no play hata'' damn that was classic shit

real talk man. +1. Shaq was the one that got those 2 back talking again.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 11:55:54 PM »

real talk man. +1. Shaq was the one that got those 2 back talking again.

good stuff
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)