Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Lacks!  (Read 1086 times)

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
Re: Bishop Lamont Lacks!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
How can you say the IT factor is not relevant. Without who r u? Just another rapper. Everyone needs that one thing that makes them stand out. We all know it's just not about talent. Is Bishop marketable? We dont know yet but from what I have seen he isnt. I think he is tight dont get me wrong but he is forgettable is what I'm saying. I wouldnt even know who teh fucc he was if i seen him on the streets and if you want that major bread that has to be in the radar. Need I say get dropped if you dont go platinum being signed to Interscope/Aftermath. If his shit flops its a wrap he will get droppes so fast his head would spin. This is a business homie. talent is good to have but its not the same anymore. I hope he wins but trying to fill them Snoop Em 50 cent shoes as far as selling records I dont see him going plat not even gold! Pu it like this he is going to have to appeal to more that just the West if he wants to go Plat and that period.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 01:08:49 PM »
lets dont trip no more wait n see till the reformation /detox is release
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
sad that we gotta focus n the artists ''power'' to appeal to themasses when realli it shoud be about his talent . now will you deny his talent? who else is spittin like him? (lyric wise) + so who cares if he cant have a reality show like snoop? or make funny faces like game? speacially these 2 ( and the rest ) of successful artists from the wc come from under dre's wing.. i hope nobody is doubtin dre's choice of artist
Dude I feel u. I wish it was just about talent but it's not. So let's stop living in the fairy world. This is a business so speak on it as a business. These mufus need to sell records period. Hiphop is a billion $ industry. I have an indie label homie. I do music becuse I love it but I want to get paid to thats reality. Yall are not understanding me when I say the It factor or star power. It doesnt mean u have a relatiy show it doesnt mean u make funny faces. It just means you have somehtng about u that makes people wanna fucc with u. Busta has it. I think as wack as Spider loc is he has a little bit of it to. A presence is what I'm saying. I'm speaking on niggaz b4 they blew up when they was undergorund. Snopp had it 50 had it. Go look a tthey old shit b4 they hit. They have a hunger I cant expalin it if you know waht Im saying then you know what I'm saying. Its like when u meet a bitch and u know that that bitch has something going on that has you intrigued and you want to spit game to her.

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »
lets dont trip no more wait n see till the reformation /detox is release
I agree. Anyone Dre ahs fucced wit has went Plat. Lets see if it happens.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »
nah, bishop is growing fast and will become one of the greatest. he has it all. he is creative ( lyrically flowwise contentwise) and hungry plus his voice is sounding more dope everytime i hear new tracks by him.

he is more real than game or the other young 'gangster'rappers for example. game is more of an actor bishop is true to himself and his audience.

at the moment he is already the best out there. i mean snoop is getting old his flow is lacking. jay is whispering. nas is the same bullshit all day everyday. 50 cent is not hungry anymore.
"what you on huh, dope or dog food", even tho jay latest shit to me ain't killing it (except for that maybach music version is classic) people still is rapp'n like him,same thing happen to das efx when so many people copy yo steez it makes you seem less important,also checc out bone they went through the same shit, 50 last two mixtapes is bangers,and that hunger is there,what the fucc you talk'n bout,and snoop is doing his thang as well, i'm root'n for bishop as well as the rest of these cats out here,but you can't say bishop ain't get some of his flow from listening to jayz,be honest my equal yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
I mean there aint nothing new under the sun. It's all about how you deliver it and the machine you have pushing you. There is no doubt he in a position I think we as artist would love to be in. I wish him the best. I still stand behind his lack of "Star Power" and or presence. He is just forgettable to me. After I his his joints they dont make me want to go cop them. Dudes wordplay is sick. I think Crooked got him though. I think what turned me off was when that nigga came out and did a show dressed like Elvis. Shit wasnt funny to me. Trust me and I lie to laugh but tht shit was like Why. I know you calling yo self the black elvis and all but I aint feeling that shit. That shit was gimmicky to me. And then he on the cover dressed like the pope. Pope Mobile mixtape. My nigga if that aint a gimmick I dont knwo what is. i aint mad do whatever you got to do to ganrer and gain that attention so u can sell them records. marketing marketing marketing..... Businesss never personal!! Outrageous

www.myspace.com.outrageousrecords

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »
IMO

Crooked I > Bishop Lamont
Game > Bishop Lamont

Crooked got the MC shit locked on the West or East probably best rapper alive

Game got more charisma than Bishop and check his mixtapes too he can spit MC shit

I would put Bishop behind these 2

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 05:06:17 PM »
I can agree with that. Ask him would he rather the be the best rapper alive or the richest rapper alive. LOL! Get the Cheese

genero

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 06:17:10 PM »
Gimmick to me is constantly portrayin somekind of image. That elvis shit is just humor to show he dont take himself to seriously. Game and crooked i are dope rappers but they are not next level cause they are stuck in the gangsterimage that to me is played out. Gangbang shit to me is weaker than a man who can stand on his own.

Snoop without dre doin the vocals sounds weak. Just listen to his flow on the dre tracks on blue carpet. That is flawless. Compare that to press play. As soon as snoop starts rappin it sounds weak. Dont get me wrong Snoop is doing well as an executive producer. He has a good taste in music and is creative with it. I like his new album. He just aint the freshest rapper out there no more.

On 50 not hungry might not be the good worth to describe his demise, but there is no spark in it no more. He's doing the same thing all over again. I see no progression. He's not hungry enough to take his music to a next level.

Bishop Lamont is definitly marketable, starpower is all about self confidence and pope mobile proves the confidence. As soon as the dre beat hits and he rips the shit to pieces everybody will fiend for it. Dre has the highest anticipated album of all time. Everybody that loves music knows about the album and is gonna listen to it. If the albums dope (mainly because of the production off course) people will also check for the reformation. Bishop is not in the position as hittman, who made his first appearance at 2001. Bishop is alread known, by every hiphop head, before detox will drop.

What bishop needs now is just a banging dre beat to hit the airwaves, the rest will be history.

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »
I think what they are saying is Bishop lacks charisma on the mic.. hes got skill but his music falls along the same subject lines over and over.. and then his sounds comes of as sounding blah because he doesnt have that special something.. I think Joell Oritz had more charisma but was unmarketable.. Bishop just seems to be pretty average with alot of hooplah behind him..

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 06:46:21 PM »
You get me to a certain extent. That special something has nothing to dow with his Mic skills. We all agree the nigga is nice. He lacks that Swagga is whatt I'm sayin. Snopp had that swagga back when doggystle hit pac had that thug swagga bout him. The outlaws even had it becasue of Pac that shit rubbed off on them. I agree with you all that gangsta shit to me needs a makeover. Lets keep it real bithces by albums not niggaz. I dont know what bitch looking for Bishop they looking for Detox not the reformation. I hope I'm wrong I like the nigga he is tight. I just dont see the star quality. That Elvis shit bitches didnt like tha shit. bithces didnt pay to see u in no fat ass elvis costume my nigga. We will see what happens I hope before the end of the year. Dre may push the shit back another 10 years. LOL! I honeslty think he may be to far ahead of his time.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »
If anyone could bring consciousness back into mainstream rap it could easily be him. Bishop is one of the realest IMO. What does "IT" Factor mean? you gotta include all the shawty, swag, hustle, snap, and some faggy dance named after a cartoon character subjects into your shit?

Chuuuuchh lol.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 07:12:31 AM »
He'S gonna make it. He's Dre's biggest ''patient'' right now so he WILL make it.

messi19

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 07:15:49 AM »
Cmon dudes, dont act like threadstarter isnt right. But he's a dope ass dude for just bein himself but at the same time when you're signed to a major and you're with Dre that's what you need nowadays.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 07:52:16 AM »
IMO

Crooked I > Bishop Lamont
Game > Bishop Lamont

Crooked got the MC shit locked on the West or East probably best rapper alive

Game got more charisma than Bishop and check his mixtapes too he can spit MC shit

I would put Bishop behind these 2

i respect your taste, but it's pointless to make biased claims; i know you can do better than that.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:55:50 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »