Author Topic: Peep this about AboveTheLaw/Kokane/and Deathrow  (Read 256 times)

Mr_Loc

Re: Peep this about AboveTheLaw/Kokane/and Deathro
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2001, 10:20:07 AM »
i know i posted this clip of news up already but this is just for the benefit of Hambone and anyone who aint seen it. Here is the latest ATL update from the fan site, written by Damon X (aka Damon Moore, who wrote that article they put up on daveyd, i think they gave him credit). ok...

I know it's been a while, but I have been busy as well as members of the group. Besides being ATL's road manager (which hasn't meant anything, yet due to the fact we haven't been on the road), and running West World Records ( I have been on the road), I also teach, so my plate has been hella full. Anyways.....
The name of  ATL's new Death Row debut will be called "The Life Of A Drug Dealer" or "The Autobiography of A Drug Dealer" or something close to that nature. It will be a semi-autobiographical look at the life and times of brothers caught in Uncle Sam's Curse and what they do/did to escape the clutches of oppression. In fact the album will be the soundtrack to a straight-to-video film of the same name. The script is in the works as we speak. I'm hoping that I can at least write the group's bio for this album like I did for Legends (Tommy Boy Music). As well as the liner notes, if you didn't know I have a big ego and like to see my name in any form of pop-culture (lol). The film will more than likely be a West World/Suge Knight Films collaboration or just a Suge Knight Films feature. The film will be in the realm of a Black version of "The Sopranos."
Also why haven't we've been seeing Above The Law being promoted in recent weeks, well after finally ironing out the rough edges and crossing the "t's" and dotting the "i's", ATL has finally signed the deal with Death Row. Will Death Row fuck over ATL? I hardly doubt it. Again ATL has good lawyers and business acumen and it took many months, but it's a deal that both sides are in agreement with and that's all one can hope for in this business. My own opinion on this whole deal, is that I hope and pray that Death Row will really promote and market this album as if it was a Dre or Snoop record and with Suge coming home in the next two months, I really believe that this may happen. To quote KMG "...If we ever go platinum, we figure whoever was in charge of marketing and promotions did their fuckin' job." So fuck poppin' collars, we need to roll up our sleeves and go into the trenches, you know the labum is going to be that shit!
Also Crooked I's album is almost complete, just making some last touches, I hear that his album is gonna be SICK, I haven't heard the whole album just a couple of tracks and what I heard so far, this album has an indication of doing some real positive things for Crook, Death Row, and Hutch as a producer. Also I wanna say that opinions are like assholes, but I FUCK all those non-music inclined BITCH-MADE MOTHERFUCKERS, who are hating on ATL and 2Pac's "Words To My First Born" These so-called 2Pac scholars critize anything that they feel isn't in the realm of what 2 Pac wanted. The beats and rhymes is on some hype shit and hasn't diminished the integrity of 2Pac nor ATL. When I 'm ridin' down the streets in many cities a lot of fools turn and bop their heads to the shit and many have said that shit is dope, so I think that fools who love Hip-Hop music regardless of where or who it's from have more integrity than those those BITCHES who critize Master P (who I like), Jay Z (who I like), P-Diddy (who I like) Mobb Deep (who I like), Snoop (who I like), Dre (who I like). Shit I grew up on East Coast Hip-Hop, but I love Hip-Hop no matter where it's from, Dope is Dope and that's the bottom line!
Remember never to bite the hand that fed you.......better yet never forget who gave you your start. Why isn't Kokane giving his mentors a chance to shine on his new album? And how many ATL albums has Jerry been on? Well Hutch is like fuck him, let him do what he wants, I'm like you shouldn't burn bridges, I'll still support him (cuz he was born from ATL) but his records based on when you hear him, you hear Above The Law, straight up and down. The "Who Am I" album was his and ATL's style and "Funk Upon A Rhyme till now is all Above The Law. Jerry Long, ATL doesn't need to piggy-back of your current success, but homie it's called RESPECT, show niggas you still have love for 'em. Fuck all the past "problems" you might of had (but that's MY opinion)
Again the album will be out this summer and the group has begun production work We hit a major snag within the confines of the group, but hopefully things will work out and things will be back to normal. It's personal and won't indulge in that what it is.
Also as soon as Hutch gives me the DAT for "Fuck You Hutch" and I get the shit pressed up, Hopefully you will hear it on college radio, mixtapes, and even commercial radio (but I doubt it). So hopefully I will be getting that in the next week or two. The shit is bangin' y'all for real

Until then, keep checkin' back for updates

Damon X
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »